What's new

Question - Sorcerer Returning Quan Main

after 3 years break, I wanna pick Quan back up as my main. So basically, I notice he’s missing his b2 overhead now. The variation I played was sorcerer. It seems to me that without this overhead combo starter he is practically useless now. I don’t know if this is the case and it may be worth picking up someone else but I was looking for peoples opinions regarding this.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
F4 is his overhead now, honestly Quan is still a great character in both Summoner and Sorcerer so carry on using him if you like

F4 is his overhead now, honestly Quan is still a great character in both Summoner and Sorcerer so carry on using him if you like
Oh nice okay, I didn’t know this. Thanks for the info. Looks like he’s still my main after all lol. If he were to have no overhead starter, his whole game plan would be ruined prettt much

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That’s basically how it is. It’s a game based of 50/50s. What good is a character if your missing the other 50.
Liu Kang Dragon’s Fire, Kitana Royal Storm, Jason Unstoppable, Mileena, Predator HQT, Scorpion Hellfire, Tremor Crystalline, and probably more lack a launching OH/low 50/50 and are all excellent characters, probablh more but it’s been a minute since I’ve played MKX.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Liu Kang Dragon’s Fire, Kitana Royal Storm, Jason Unstoppable, Mileena, Predator HQT, Scorpion Hellfire, Tremor Crystalline, and probably more lack a launching OH/low 50/50 and are all excellent characters, probablh more but it’s been a minute since I’ve played MKX.
Tbf HQT has crazy 50 50 pressure in the corner with low laser and cancels.

Liu Kang has B2 to mix up. F4 is insane aswell. He also has 113 even tho it is reactable when you know the MU. Kitana has an Instant overhead launcher with her delayed njp, not sure on Jason but I rarely see him played anyway so I wouldn’t say he was insane. Mileena has every other possible tool that makes for her to be top tier, predator Has insane corner pressure as stated by someone else, scorpion has his well known 50/50 vortex that’s actually quite safe, tremor Has multiple low hitting starters and bf2d which is an overhead starter. Literally. The point I’m trying to make is, Quan chi is very unsafe with his strings, relies on his zoning and armour. It would be stupid to play him over other characters if he didn’t have an overhead starter, because it would be the equivalent to playing someone such as ermac or scorpion. Either way I found out about his f4. Which seems godlike. So I reckon he’s still top tier or at least up there somewhere.

I'm talking about 50/50s you can't react to, and that launch. None of which that I mentioned do.
All of the characters that lack what you state, make up for it in other areas to keep their spots in top tier. Quan doesn’t. Purely because of how unsafe his moves are. Point I’m making is he really needs that overhead to stay competitive. Taking this away would increase the skill gap by quite a margin.

Quan is unsafe? Lol

And yeah I know those characters make up for it in other ways, that’s the entire point I was making and defeats the argument of this ^
I didn’t know this was an argument? But then again this is an FGC so it’s to be expected I suppose. Yes Quan is very unsafe. Take away his overhead and you may aswell play ermac? Quan ovehead am low mixups are unsafe, his trance is unsafe. Only safe string that’s of any use is f212.