What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu Returning Player with new PC XL - few questions

6ixty9

Noob
Hey guys

I've searched the forums. Seen many a video. Watched lots of ESL etc.

I am trying to level up my Takeda ready for the PC release of XL (as i only have PC and the online sucked and died a long time ago).

The only thing i cant really get the hang of are the EX Kunai hard-to-blockables.

Which ones are most consistent? Is there one that has an easy setup and easy to execute the majority of the time? Something like Quan's vortex in summoner that you can just keep looping into the same setup (obviously takeda's is meter dependent and im not necessarily worried about it looping back on itself).

TL : DR - If i could only learn and practice 1 EX Kunai hard-to-blockable - which one is the best/most useful... what are the inputs / any other info?

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Honestly I don't use SR Takeda but there's no point of asking lol. Brand new patch comes out the same day as the release for PC and everyone is pretty much expecting Takeda nerfs, especially the Fun to blockables

omooba

fear the moobs
step one-close thread
step two- wait till tuesday
step three- drop takeda due to nerfs

lol jk but for real wait till tuesday

6ixty9

Noob
nerfs? really?? damn... i was just getting back into the swing of things :(

I never even got to play him since he had "buffs"!

Oh well guess ill wait and see like everyone else then

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
nerfs? really?? damn... i was just getting back into the swing of things :(

I never even got to play him since he had "buffs"!

Oh well guess ill wait and see like everyone else then
Nobody is sure what's going to change, people just worry.

where are you from, mate? with new netcode i can give you a practice/sparring hand even across continents.
ps. also, takeda will be rip, october 4. allowed to live for too long.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Well I just hope that they will be gentle with lasher, however I am preparing my anus for worst case scenario aka day one takeda. Hopefully they will just make ex kunai a mid instead of a low since that currently is the biggest problem, frame data could stay the same because people don't fully realize how the frame data works for the move. The move list says +32 but that is only kind of true, it is only +32 if the opponent blocks all 3 kunais which is extremely rare and on the off occasion it does happen no variation of takeda can really do anything with it since the opponent is full screen by then. Block 2 kunai and you are at around +10 or so, block one kunai and you are at about +6, if you only block one kunai (which is always if you are getting cornered) you can armor out but if read then the takeda can break that armor. But if he is wrong then his turn is over. Jesus i wasn't expecting myself to go on such a large tangent on ex kunai, oh well. Have fun with that info I guess

6ixty9

Noob
So from what you're saying (as im not up to date on whatever buffs he received since PC got left behind) - as im not really using EX Kunai atm - chances are the game wont change much for me next week.

But people who play at a super high level and use that EX Kunai then its going to feel like a big nerf ??

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
So from what you're saying (as im not up to date on whatever buffs he received since PC got left behind) - as im not really using EX Kunai atm - chances are the game wont change much for me next week.

But people who play at a super high level and use that EX Kunai then its going to feel like a big nerf ??
Let me put it like this. XL Patch didn't change SR at all I'm pretty sure. So September SR and XL SR are the same.

Nobody knows for 100% sure if he's getting nerfs (although I personally, along with a chunk of the community, think so.)

P.S. I play lasher so I hope he doesn't get fucked too hard in the crossfire

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Let me put it like this. XL Patch didn't change SR at all I'm pretty sure. So September SR and XL SR are the same.

Nobody knows for 100% sure if he's getting nerfs (although I personally, along with a chunk of the community, think so.)

P.S. I play lasher so I hope he doesn't get fucked too hard in the crossfire
Yup I'm pretty much the same way, I would like my lasher in tact. He is one of the few true defensive walls in the game