What's new

RESULTS - #UMK3 Get it in Ohio 2016!

Overload of mk the past few days! Very enjoyable. This went better than I ever expected to. Those who didn't come missed out on a great time!

It was my first off-line tournament. I played better than I thought I would, and I thought for myself I did really well. It was awesome to put faces to names, and get to finally play off-line after three years of only being able to play online.

HUGE thanks to @McLOV1NS for opening his house to us not only Friday night for casuals, but Saturday night after the tournament as well. Very very thankful for this dude.

Congrats to @NoDoubt ! All the way through the winners bracket. Also congrats to @Juggs and sp1c unit.

Results:
1. @NoDoubt
2. @Juggs
3. Sp1c Unit
4. @McLOV1NS
5. @dubson
5. @Drakonian
7. @ddy_08
7. @tehdrewsus
9. Darius
9. @YourMKArcadeSource
9. @Ziggy
9. @Trukuu777
13. Twiztid World

Thanks everyone for coming out, @Osirun and everyone at arcade legacy, @9.95 for the awesome awards, and @Killer Cam Whitmore for the bankroll. I couldn't have imagined having such an awesome time or an event that went as smooth as it did!

Attachments

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It was a great tournament, everything went very smoothly. Only bad part is how hot I was in there, everyone was sweating, so you can just imagine lol.

GGs everyone and glad I got to meet everyone. Wish I woulda taken first but @NoDoubt is just too good! 2nd place isn't too bad though! I'll give some shoutouts later!

NoDoubt

nasty
GGs 2 everyone especially @Juggs controller was a bit screwed but that was on me. didn't really think I'd win but congrats to all who played. nice meeting n chillin with all you cool dudes too

Shoutout also 2 my buddy sp1c unit aka pshhhh for going apeshit in losers. He prob had the nicest gameplay on stream over all of us

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Took me the entire tournament to shake off the rust, and still wasn't at 100%. Wasn't on point and made a lot of mistakes, but based on how much I've been playing and how little practice I got, I'm not disappointed at all.

It was great to meet all the new school players and to finally meet my boy @dubson in person. We have known each other since 2006 and 10 years later we meet finally! This was a great, well structured tournament, the smoothest I've ever been too. Good shit to @Osirun for hosing us at Arcade Legacy and to @tehdrewsus for running the event, well done man!

Shoutouts to @Drakonian, really cool dude and it was an honor to meet you. Also finally met @Ziggy, great player and cool dude!

Wish I could have came over for casuals but there's always next time! Shoutouts to my boy TwiztedWorld and my bro for coming for support. Shoutouts to everyone who made it out, and all those who watched. I was going o be done with UMK3 after this but this has kinda revitalized my passion for the game, we'll see!

GGs again to everyone! Congrats to @NoDoubt, we showed that the OG's still got it!!

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
This tournament was great. Ziggy's Shang almost blew up Juggs lol. Shoutout to Miss Spin though lmao

Reactions: nwo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This tournament was great. Ziggy's Shang almost blew up Juggs lol. Shoutout to Miss Spin though lmao
Indeed, his Shang was impressive, it was incredibly close, it was my most intense match for sure.

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Anyone know when the MKT footage is coming out? I heard somebody was recording it.

dubson

Noob
Just got home... We hit the road at 9 am and I got home at 9 pm, so about 12 hours of being on the road but it was worth every minute.

Honestly one of the best times of my entire life.

Huge thanks to @tehdrewsus for all the time and effort he put into this and to @Killer Cam Whitmore for the sponsorship, and to both of you for making this happen. Thanks to Arcade Legacy as well for hosting this outstanding event for my favorite game of all time.

It was great to meet all of you guys in person. I wish there would have been more pictures/footage of the players chilling and hanging out.

Got to finally meet my boy @Juggs which was awesome in itself. We got to play a FT5 and he got me really good... he beat me 5-1. Bro, I didn't know you were so good with Nightwolf and Sonya... much respect for the counter picking intellect and array of character use. I loved that you pulled out your Ermac as well. You are a phenomenal player bro and your play on Saturday was extremely impressive, and you barely had time to train. You are a classy and honorable warrior.

GG's to @YourMKArcadeSource in the tournament, it was great to finally meet you. We had some epic matches. Awesome Unmasked Sub-Zero!

@Trukuu777 glad you made it out and got to see some high level players play some Trilogy and that you got to experience such an epic event as well as learn some tips to increase your skills!!!

Huge thanks to @McLOV1NS for hosting the post tournament game session at his epic MK man cave... wow, just wow. Maybe the sickest man cave I have ever been in, especially because Mortal Kombat is my favorite game of all time. Any fighting game enthusiast would pay their respect to it though.

GG's to everyone there, it was such a blast. We chilled until 5 am.... and no one even wanted to stop but shit... we kinda had to. What an epic time!!!

@Ziggy and @Drakonian it was so awesome to meet you guys, you are both outstanding players and extremely cool dudes... I liked chilling with you guys a lot... I look forward to chilling with you both more.

@ddy_08 same to you my friend, it was so awesome to finally meet you in person! Since we live so close we will definitely be linking up more often!!! It is worth the 2 hour drive to play such a great player!!!

@tehdrewsus extremely impressive play by you bro.... never have I been so impressed by a player who has only been playing 3 years competitively and is already on such a high level..... never.

my boy @McLOV1NS... it was awesome meeting you too man, I look forward to chilling more! epic games too and congrats on beating me in the tournament... epic battle that went down to the fifth game. Great games in the casuals as well, as well as the Street Fighter 2 action on your cabinet... very impressive player.

GG's to everyone I played and met, @Spic Unit it was nice to finally meet you and great job in the tournament.

Huge congrats to @NoDoubt and @Juggs for their placings respectively in such a hard tournament.

I was talking with the krew and hopefully we can make an Ohio event happen once a year.... I know me and @ddy_08 are both down no matter what!

Last edited:
Thanks for the good words @dubson
Very encouraging. I do remember several years back before I was as active as I was here, out of town at my cousin's house playing against your Sektor and getting bodied. It was almost surreal sitting and playing with all the OG's and hanging right there with you all.

@NoDoubt @Spic Unit @Juggs I know we didn't get to play a lot of sets - I think Juggs and I only got a FT3 or a FT5 in casuals, and I don't think we were even counting. I look forward to playing you guys again. Very cool chilling with you guys. Lot of fun playing Spic Unit and NoDoubt in MKT casuals afterwards. UMK3 is already fast paced, high level trilogy was AMAZING

@ddy_08 until we meet again man! I sense a potential long standing friendly tournament rivalry. Great meeting you in person.

@Drakonian pleasure getting to hang out with you for a few days man. After almost 3 years playing online it was cool to get offline matches in. Definitely gotta move to Cincinnati LOL.

@YourMKArcadeSource that Sub-Zero. I know he's a "low tier" character but you made him look like he belonged in a tournament setting for sure. Awesome getting to hang and talk, you're a walking bastion of knowledge.

@Trukuu777 Thanks so much for recording MKT and spreading that love for the game. I probably won't get a chance to make it down for that convention since I'm getting married a few weeks after, but I'll support it in any way I can. Hope you all got home safe. It was cool talking to someone whose first games for consoles included the MK series (MK for genesis and MKT for N64). Pilot wings? Mario 64? Child please. lol

@McLOV1NS again huge thanks for opening your house up for us Friday and Saturday night. It was cool seeing REAL pieces of MK history.

I've had the day to think about things. I'm still going to decompress and take a little time off (lots of life events coming up), but I'm going to actively start seeking sponsorship for Get it in Ohio 2017. Having 13 players and over 20 overall for the first year - I bet we could double it for next year. We keep leveling up, and it'll be even better! I had a few people at the arcade asking me about the tournament, that were just enthralled by the game play. That's how we get the seeds planted.

Till next time!

NoDoubt

nasty
I want a rematch @NoDoubt, we need to do some kinda fundraiser to get another good prize pool for the next tournament!

Sounds good. I'd prefer another tourny spot but it's w.e I guess. we dealt with too much bullshit in Cincinnati wasn't a good stay but at least tourny was cool. and mluckins dope MK crib

NoDoubt

nasty
Dude what happened?
Hotel had blood stains on sheets n apparently cum stain on couch, needle in the cushions. had 2 get swapped out . poor wifi service. Public bathrooms had lines in the theater or diapers filled with shit. restaurant gave us hard bread, dry salad n poor service. chose 2 eat outdoors to find bird shit on all tables n chairs.

Fitness room in hotel had non working treadmills n hot water coming out of all water fountains. Mall bathroom had no soap n big piss pool we had to somersault over plus barely any stores open.

Our hotel floor had ghetto thugs smokin pot, settin off a big fire alarm on our last night preventing us from sleeping before drivin 7 hours home.

The list goes longer but I can't remember no more lol

Hotel had blood stains on sheets n apparently cum stain on couch, needle in the cushions. had 2 get swapped out . poor wifi service. Public bathrooms had lines in the theater or diapers filled with shit. restaurant gave us hard bread, dry salad n poor service. chose 2 eat outdoors to find bird shit on all tables n chairs.

Fitness room in hotel had non working treadmills n hot water coming out of all water fountains. Mall bathroom had no soap n big piss pool we had to somersault over plus barely any stores open.

Our hotel floor had ghetto thugs smokin pot, settin off a big fire alarm on our last night preventing us from sleeping before drivin 7 hours home.

My goodness. Where did you stay? Trust me when I say all of Cincinnati is NOT like that…

dubson

Noob

damn bro the hampton inn was a little bit more expensive but it wasn't ghetto at all like that comfort inn

it was much, much nicer. didn't have to deal with any of that...

i dont blame you trying to save a few bucks... and it's not like you knew it would be like that. we actually tried to stay there too for the same reason but they only had 1 room and we needed 2

glad we didn't now... ha

My goodness. Where did you stay? Trust me when I say all of Cincinnati is NOT like that…
he stayed at the comfort inn across the street

it was a little cheaper than the hampton, I'm glad it didn't work out for us to stay there, we almost did too

Last edited:

NoDoubt

nasty
comfort inn . johns gf took video of us standin in the rain at night from dumbass fire alarm. receptionist couldn't reset it either so it took awhile. were gettin our money refunded