What's new

Question - Brawler Restand help

Hey guys so I've been playing with brawler cassie lately and I was having some issues with her f2, 1+3 restand. In the frame data it says its +1 on hit, so after it lands I usually try to go into 212 cmd grab or something like that but I still get beat by other characters normals. If it's +1 On hit and standing 2 has a 6 frame start up, I dont know how it's getting beat. This happens online pretty often.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Dunno. On paper if its +1 and S1 is 6f, you should beat any other S1 unless its 5 frames. So could just be lag/poor timing.

But I don't think S1 is a strong approach after the restand in any case just because anyone could probably D1/D3 you and beat you by low profiling without having to think much about it

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Dunno. On paper if its +1 and S1 is 6f, you should beat any other S1 unless its 5 frames. So could just be lag/poor timing.

But I don't think S1 is a strong approach after the restand in any case just because anyone could probably D1/D3 you and beat you by low profiling without having to think much about it
Does d3 reach out of the restand? If so I'd use that to condition them to block, then go for your s2 after the restand.

Yea it is a high, that's what I thought at first too, but I've been beat by some characters standing 1s before, could it just be lag from online? @Madog32
Have you considered human error? If you're losing out to standing normals then you are simply not inputting the string fast enough. It likely has nothing to do with lag unless you're playing on a bad connection.

Madog32

Does d3 reach out of the restand? If so I'd use that to condition them to block, then go for your s2.
Yep, id be going for a low poke rather than a standing high. I haven't played Cassie (or the game for that matter) in months, so I'm prob not the best person to ask about a followup to the restand. But I wouldn't recommend following anything that is only +1 with a move that is easily low profiled. In general

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Yep, id be going for a low poke rather than a standing high. I haven't played Cassie (or the game for that matter) in months, so I'm prob not the best person to ask about a followup to the restand. But I wouldn't recommend following anything that is only +1 with a move that is easily low profiled. In general
That's why I said to condition the opponent to block. But if they still mash a poke then yes, I wouldn't follow a +1 restand with a high.

Madog32

That's why I said to condition the opponent to block. But if they st
sure. Honestly, if they refuse to block after being restood and just wanna keep poking, Cassie should just walk backwards for a step or two after restanding them and bop their whiffed attack with her godlike B1, save for a select few opponents who's pokes have absurd range

Have you considered human error? If you're losing out to standing normals then you are simply not inputting the string fast enough. It likely has nothing to do with lag unless you're playing on a bad connection.
Yea I've taken it to the lab and practiced a bit, and my internet sometimes randomly decides to be shitty so it's probably a mixture of both.

Does d3 reach out of the restand? If so I'd use that to condition them to block, then go for your s2 after the restand.
Yea I do that too, I'll condition with a d1 or d3, and then I'll start going for the 212 tick throw or mix-ups, but it seems like when I do go for the 212 it usually doesn't work out lol.

sure. Honestly, if they refuse to block after being restood and just wanna keep poking, Cassie should just walk backwards for a step or two after restanding them and bop their whiffed attack with her godlike B1, save for a select few opponents who's pokes have absurd range
That's true I never really thought of that, thanks!