What's new

Resident Evil 2 Remake Demo Goes Live TOMORROW!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, the RE 2 Remake demo will be available to download for free on PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox from Jan 11 - 31.

Yes, the official full game will also available Jan 25, which I thought was kinda odd. But then again I guess they wanted that demo window to extend for people on the fence on buying.

Anywho...

I did not find the specified time on when the demo goes online, BUT here's the catch. You only get 30 mins to complete your run. This is a major challenge, yet an exciting one. Uncle JBeezY was not considering buying the game since Kingdom Hearts comes out the end of this month, but that might change after trying out this demo. I'm excited about this! Who else is trying out this demo ?Question mark?

Let me know in the comments below. Righteous :l:qtl:cool::qtr:r

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yeah, finally we can test a little piece of gameplay from RE2 Remake ! this game will be awesome and cannot wait to be oficially released in January 25th !! Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil are the game franchises I love the most ! :D :rolleyes:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This is the dumbest demo concept ever. A one and done 30 minute demo is a joke. I'm just gonna wait for the full game.
But its free tho. I think its an interesting concept because instead of having a limited playthrough, you actually have the option to go as far as you can within 30mins. Been reading there's demo only exclusive scenes too. I think its kinda cool to switch up the demo meta ;)

E

Eldriken

But its free tho. I think its an interesting concept because instead of having a limited playthrough, you actually have the option to go as far as you can within 30mins. Been reading there's demo only exclusive scenes too. I think its kinda cool to switch up the demo meta ;)
"But its free". So is every other demo out there, so what's your point?

Being time-gated and limited to one playthrough of it is nonsense in my opinion. If you could play through it however many times you wanted with the 30 minute restriction, I'd have no issue.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
"But its free". So is every other demo out there, so what's your point?

Being time-gated and limited to one playthrough of it is nonsense in my opinion. If you could play through it however many times you wanted with the 30 minute restriction, I'd have no issue.
Right. So you shouldn't expect much out of it because of that simple fact. Demo is a demo. But if you're already gonna buy the game, then buy the game and be happy. Simple :)

E

Eldriken

Right. So you shouldn't expect much out of it because of that simple fact. Demo is a demo. But if you're already gonna buy the game, then buy the game and be happy. Simple :)
I see nothing wrong with expecting to play a time-gated demo multiple times as I see fit because there's an automatic restriction on the game already.

It's not uncommon for people to play a demo over and over again to get as much out of it as they can (faster clear and the likes). It's a bold move by Capcom, sure, but I'm among many who disagree with it. There are others, such as yourself, that are okay with it. I've got no problem with that. Jist voicing my thoughts on it.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
maybe I can beat this game in 30 mins,
I heard crazy Asia players beat older RE games in under 40 mins lol
find a glitch that lets you clip thru walls or some shit, lmao. and before you know it you've clipped your way into the underground lab and fight final form birkin.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I liked the second game and the 4th game, then lost track after that lol. I may check it out.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Just downloaded it and played the whole 30 min :D I must say this game will be great . Must buy for sure ( im re fan) Zombies in this game seems hard to kill lol I also like what they did with knife . Will be best RE game for sure :p

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
I finished the demo in 18 minutes lol. It was quite fun and the graphics are insanely good. Overall seems good but let's wait for the full game.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So this demo was really good, it does have an ending. Don't want to spoil anything, but if you do beat it, there's confirmation of something that shows this is a direct remake, which is fun

For those curious, it confirmed that the Tofu and Hunk modes are still in the game, wasn't sure if those would make the cut. Do hope they add more fun stuff and it isn't just what was in the original. It's cool either way

kevkopdx

Noob
What do you guys think now that the full game is out? Found a decent price for the game but still wouldn't like $30+ to go to waste.
I think the game is really good but short, second play through with the other character is very redundant, not a ton of differences... for $30 it’s prob a good deal