Resident Evil 2 Remake Demo Goes Live TOMORROW!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by JBeezYBabY, Jan 10, 2019.

1. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Apparently, the RE 2 Remake demo will be available to download for free on PlayStation 4, Windows PC, and Xbox from Jan 11 - 31.

Yes, the official full game will also available Jan 25, which I thought was kinda odd. But then again I guess they wanted that demo window to extend for people on the fence on buying.

Anywho...

I did not find the specified time on when the demo goes online, BUT here's the catch. You only get 30 mins to complete your run. This is a major challenge, yet an exciting one. Uncle JBeezY was not considering buying the game since Kingdom Hearts comes out the end of this month, but that might change after trying out this demo. I'm excited about this! Who else is trying out this demo ?Question mark?

Let me know in the comments below. Righteous :l:qtl:cool::qtr:r

2. xenogorgeous

xenogorgeous Whoopee-fuckin'-do. Hey, I'm impressed.
    Premium Supporter

yeah, finally we can test a little piece of gameplay from RE2 Remake ! this game will be awesome and cannot wait to be oficially released in January 25th !! Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil are the game franchises I love the most ! :D :rolleyes:

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  3. Eldriken

Eldriken You are NOTHING!
    Forum General

PSN:
    Eldriken
    This is the dumbest demo concept ever. A one and done 30 minute demo is a joke. I'm just gonna wait for the full game.

4. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

But its free tho. I think its an interesting concept because instead of having a limited playthrough, you actually have the option to go as far as you can within 30mins. Been reading there's demo only exclusive scenes too. I think its kinda cool to switch up the demo meta ;)

5. Badboy Takuma

Badboy Takuma time traveller

full game or gtfo

Lex Luthor II likes this.
  6. Eldriken

Forum General

PSN:
    Eldriken
    "But its free". So is every other demo out there, so what's your point?

Being time-gated and limited to one playthrough of it is nonsense in my opinion. If you could play through it however many times you wanted with the 30 minute restriction, I'd have no issue.

7. Badboy Takuma

lmfaoo @JBeezYBabY pwnd

8. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

Right. So you shouldn't expect much out of it because of that simple fact. Demo is a demo. But if you're already gonna buy the game, then buy the game and be happy. Simple :)

9. Eldriken

Forum General

PSN:
    Eldriken
    I see nothing wrong with expecting to play a time-gated demo multiple times as I see fit because there's an automatic restriction on the game already.

It's not uncommon for people to play a demo over and over again to get as much out of it as they can (faster clear and the likes). It's a bold move by Capcom, sure, but I'm among many who disagree with it. There are others, such as yourself, that are okay with it. I've got no problem with that. Jist voicing my thoughts on it.

10. Can't even find this on ps store.

11. Badboy Takuma

^ reported

ILuvFightGames likes this.
  12. Yea it's no use, I reported it to PlayStation already and haven't gotten a response, thanks anyways.

Badboy Takuma likes this.
  13. LiangHuBBB

LiangHuBBB Noob

maybe I can beat this game in 30 mins,
    I heard crazy Asia players beat older RE games in under 40 mins lol

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  14. Invincible Salads

Invincible Salads Plz go easy on me

find a glitch that lets you clip thru walls or some shit, lmao. and before you know it you've clipped your way into the underground lab and fight final form birkin.

15. MKF30

MKF30 Fujin for MK 11
    Premium Supporter

I liked the second game and the 4th game, then lost track after that lol. I may check it out.

16. Mikemetroid

Mikemetroid MK Mythologies: Injustice 2
    Moderator Premium Supporter

Downloading it now...

Espio likes this.
  17. I still can't find it, welp.

18. JJvercetti

JJvercetti Noob

One playthrough is BS

19. ABACABB

ABACABB End Of Humanity

Just downloaded it and played the whole 30 min :D I must say this game will be great . Must buy for sure ( im re fan) Zombies in this game seems hard to kill lol I also like what they did with knife . Will be best RE game for sure :p

Lex Luthor II likes this.
  20. John_NX

John_NX Noob

I finished the demo in 18 minutes lol. It was quite fun and the graphics are insanely good. Overall seems good but let's wait for the full game.

21. Lex Luthor II

Lex Luthor II Lord of Lightning

This reminds me, I need to finish RE7 on the PSRVr. But I'm also a lil b!tch, and am too scared. So fml.

22. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

So this demo was really good, it does have an ending. Don't want to spoil anything, but if you do beat it, there's confirmation of something that shows this is a direct remake, which is fun

ChatterBox likes this.