What's new

Reptiles Dash

Why is it so hard to counter a dash unless you throw? (which i can do everytime just cant combo counter) the only time i can counter combo this is rep vs rep

Derek

Noob
Button delay makes it hard to punish. When I play Konqrr(I have no lag with him ever) whenever I block a elbow dash I punish it. When I play someone like JJ Epperson who has a decent connection it's still hard to punish correctly.

l SuGaR l said:
Button delay makes it hard to punish. When I play Konqrr(I have no lag with him ever) whenever I block a elbow dash I punish it. When I play someone like JJ Epperson who has a decent connection it's still hard to punish correctly.
Ive never had a chance to try to punish jj's rep while dashing because he doesnt do uneeded dash's.

Derek

Noob
Oh No xV3GAx said:
Ive never had a chance to try to punish jj's rep while dashing because he doesnt do uneeded dash's.
I don't get to play with JJ much but the last time I did he got a pop-up, force ball, aaHP HP, dash and it came out kind of late so I got up and was able to block it. However I don't think I've ever seen him just do a random dash or like a offensive dash.

l SuGaR l said:
Oh No xV3GAx said:
I don't get to play with JJ much but the last time I did he got a pop-up, force ball, aaHP HP, dash and it came out kind of late so I got up and was able to block it. However I don't think I've ever seen him just do a random dash or like a offensive dash.
Thats what im saying. Really its the most noticible move unless he's invisible. the only time i prolly would do it now and days is if there in danger.

Derek

Noob
It's overall just a very risky move good Reptile player or not I would never do it unless I'm super desperate.

The only times you should do a Dash is

A.During the juggle
B.When across screen and you want to catch them by surprise
C.When the person is in danger and you know that last hit is going to get them.

That's it.

Trenia

Noob
JJ wouldn't stop juggling me ther other day. I can't punish his dash unless I use a quicker character like Jade.

ZAQ

Noob
abc ur dead0 said:
The only times you should do a Dash is

A.During the juggle
B.When across screen and you want to catch them by surprise
C.When the person is in danger and you know that last hit is going to get them.

That's it.
D. blocked corner mix-up to create an opening.
E. Lag(almost impossible to counter and creates an opening if they try)