What's new

Reptile vs Zoning characters

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Ex fast ball is a great anti-zoning tool against Kabal and Cyrax. With cyrax you have to get 3/4 to full screen if you want to zone and frustrate them. Anything closer and you have to be so careful.

Forceballs are actually exactly what you want to do against Kabal. At least ones that mostly spew gas blasts. If they're a bit smarter and use a lot of saws then you block/jump them and dash in once and start a footsie game.

Cyrax, obviously be extremely wary of when throwing projectiles. If you wanna throw something out without a knockdown first, do a Spit. I find getting in on Cyrax is actually much more beneficial than zoning him out.
I find my best results with that come from whiffing a dash right up in front of them right when they think it's safe to throw a net, block it, and combo them. Works like a fucking charm.

Sindel is pretty easy. Block a projectile, free dash in. Sometimes it's also helpful to eat a projectile just to get an EX Fast/Slowball on screen. EXFB will trade pretty often and net you a combo, and obviously EXSB is just intimidating to have out.
Try to get a Forceball out after every knockdown to keep momentum up, as she doesn't have any real way of avoiding them well on wakeup. Fastball will tend to catch them doing wakeup low fireballs if you time it right.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The EX slowfast ball is good but against a Raiden player they will do a teleport like always and do their Bnb bs, same thing for KL with his EX teleport since its armored just to fuck with you.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
EN Fastball , Acid Spit or risky EN Slide. If you get them to respect your options enough you could go for Slowball or EN Slowball and walk/dash with it.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Make sure you get P1 advantage and turn invisible. Not only can they not see you but your damage increase will freak them out. Gangsta

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Yes, Sindel,cyrex,kabal. I cant use acid ball because its to slow, one teleport and i lost 40%
I play Cyrax and I play my friend's Reptile a lot.

Cyrax can throw a lot of nets and trade (way in his favor) so you have to be smart, but you can zone him out. Acid spit is good, force balls you shouldn't throw out randomly. Don't let him get in your face, try to bait teleport and full combo punsh him.

Sindel idk...

Kabal is just Kabal. Sorry man, we all lose to him :/