What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile vs. Mileena

lawgamer

Noob
I would do a breakdown on this MU and how to play it, but I have done it a million times in the MU discussion thread as well as the Q and A thread, so if you want more info on the MU and you can't find it here go to those two threads.
Could you break down the matchup one more time? Those threads are vast but this one would be a perfect place to compile anti-Mileena knowledge =)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
reptile has trouble vs mileena because her normal tele kick can be made safe by doing sai's after it, where as every other character requires her to do an ex version.

despite that, im still not seeing a 3-7 reptile, Cyrax vs reptile....now thats a 3-7 reptile.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
reptile has troublmileena because her normal tele kick can be made safe by doing sai's after it, where as every other character requires her to do an ex version.

despite that, im still not seeing a 3-7 reptile, Cyrax vs reptile....now thats a 3-7 reptile.

What? No version of the tele is safe against any character, even after she throws a sai. Block ex tele low.

Also, I too think mileena beats reptile. Always have. Sonya is his worst tho.

Like someone else said, you can elbow dash the tele kick into setups aswell. Mix this up with D1 punishes and she will respect you more.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Mileena reptile is 5-5.
5.5 - 4.5 Mileena's favor.
Yes, resurrecting threads makes my pee pee hard.
Like someone else said, you can elbow dash the tele kick into setups aswell. Mix this up with D1 punishes and she will respect you more.
Dashing to dodge the teleport doesn't lead to setups... Matter of fact it leaves the game neutral lol. I mean you can dash again but I hardly call that a setup. However, you can make the telekick whiff if you d4, and she has to respect your string afterwards.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Cossner post: 1198502 said:
5.5 - 4.5 Mileena's favor.
Yes, resurrecting threads makes my pee pee hard.

Dashing to dodge the teleport doesn't lead to setups... Matter of fact it leaves the game neutral lol. I mean you can dash again but I hardly call that a setup. However, you can make the telekick whiff if you d4, and she has to respect your string afterwards.
Give me three things in this match up that reptile can't do compared to other characters, and I might make an argument for that. However the last time I played this match up with pig at final round he had to switch to his Sonya to get anything done

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Give me three things in this match up that reptile can't do compared to other characters, and I might make an argument for that. However the last time I played this match up with pig at final round he had to switch to his Sonya to get anything done
I think it's the issue of space control. You can't zone her without bars, you can't dash in recklessly and do you pressure. There's always the threat of ball roll and teleport. I beat most mileenas don't get me wrong, it's not 7 - 3 at all but Reptile does not have any kind of advantage but the d4.