What's new

Reptile Problem.

I'm trying to get better with Reptile and I'm trying to get his combos down. I'm not working on any infinites yet, but I'm working on this.

Pop up, FB, aaHPHP, dash, aaHPHP, dash, aaLPLP, dash, aaLPLP, dash, Uppercut.

I can't even get past the FIRST aaHPHP.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to cancel anything?

dubson

Noob
Oh, o.k. I'm pretty sure I got what you mean now. Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it! =]
No problem dude.

You just gotta keep practicing it.

Make sure to wait till he turns all the way around after the dash, and dont mash the punch buttons, its better to be precise about it.

But if your having problems with getting a second volley, you just need to work on the timing and positioning.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask/PM me.

My problem is dashing from the right side. My OLD problem used to be that I didn't input both Punches in. Make sure you don't mash the punch button down twice. Press it twice and make sure both the punches come out. There's a certain feel and timing for it. You gotta learn it.

Cancel with dash. But, Don't EVER!!! EVERR!! EVA EVA EVA!!!! do it on shang stung. Maybe on aaHPHP, but that's it. You are wasting your time trying to get the second HP's.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are definitely other Reptile threads on this matter, if I get a chance I'll merge this thread with the most recent Reptile thread on dashing punches or whatever the main one is.

It works for both.

Anyways, I read the dash combo for Robots.

HPHP x4?

How the hell is that possible?

I usually get LPHP, dash, LPHP, dash, Ducking LP, Uppercut...but that's it.

I can't connect anything off of HPHP. Am I positioned wrong or something?

yeah , the max ones he puts there ar elike hyper speed, perfect reptile timing, just see what YOU can get, it's not that hard. just time out your punches man

I'm trying to get better with Reptile and I'm trying to get his combos down. I'm not working on any infinites yet, but I'm working on this.

Pop up, FB, aaHPHP, dash, aaHPHP, dash, aaLPLP, dash, aaLPLP, dash, Uppercut.

I can't even get past the FIRST aaHPHP.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to cancel anything?
I get the same prolem on both DS and XBOX 360. I can barely get the second dash into it

It works for both.

Anyways, I read the dash combo for Robots.

HPHP x4?

How the hell is that possible?

I usually get LPHP, dash, LPHP, dash, Ducking LP, Uppercut...but that's it.

I can't connect anything off of HPHP. Am I positioned wrong or something?

As far as I know you should never start the juggle with lps. A hp is always available right away because they are so high off the first force ball. The only reason lps are EVER used is because they are too low to hp. Does that make sense? On the robots try aahphp, lphp, lplp (the basic one Shock posted that works on most everyone). That one does 50% and the first two juggles are relatively easy.

lmao I just read the bold; yes you are positioned wrong. You need to throw the force ball and then run way forward and hit the robot with the aahphp as high as you can. It's really, really easy once you do it one time.

As far as I know you should never start the juggle with lps. A hp is always available right away because they are so high off the first force ball. The only reason lps are EVER used is because they are too low to hp. Does that make sense? On the robots try aahphp, lphp, lplp (the basic one Shock posted that works on most everyone). That one does 50% and the first two juggles are relatively easy.

lmao I just read the bold; yes you are positioned wrong. You need to throw the force ball and then run way forward and hit the robot with the aahphp as high as you can. It's really, really easy once you do it one time.

Thanks for the tip ive been stuck on 3 dashes for a while and I usually start out with lphphp...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Vs the Robots you have to time the juggles differently once they are below a certain point. Generally you can get 2 sets of aaHPHP with the normal timing. After that you can still do 2 more aaHPHP but you have to absolutely make sure the second HP hits, and this can be done through timing and not on sight. It's similar to countering a teleport uppercut with a stationary aaHPHP with Reptile. You can do it without stepping forward but the second HP hits them just a hair late, however they are a bit higher when that HP hits, which somehow makes up for the tiny bit of lost timing. There is a similar property vs the female ninjas which if done right allows for a huge number of aaHPHPs. So 3 sets of aaHPHP is possible with some timing, and then a LPLP after that, probably LPHP.