What's new

General/Other - Reptile Reptile Patch Changes (10/4/16) Discussion Thread

After f312 acid spit you can slimeball and still have time to block, not to mention if you wanna get in you reptile dash and jump before the opponent recovers. f321 bf2 f312 acid spit also allows naked basilisk full screen. even subs ex slide doesnt reach. its crazy that you can connect an ex slide after the spit combo

Zaccel

Noob
My impressions on the changes so far after a few hours of farting around:

-Spit is killer. Being able to use this more regularly makes it easier to build meter here and there.
-d2 will never truly replace EXdb2, but it didn't let me down, either.
-I don't mind losing the armoured launchers. It's nice to have a low-risk and high-risk reversal available, even if they don't start combos anymore.
-On that note, is there even a reason to use db2 in any capacity now? f412xxdb4 seems to be the same as a blockstring, except it has better pushback. EX db4 can anti-air (though why you would use it that way is questionable).
-Is it just me, or is it possible to land db4 at the end of some combos instead of slide now? Did f412xxbf2, 21, f412xxdb4 work before, or am I going crazy?
-The changes to spit and d2 make it seem like it's easier for Noxious to save meter, so EX Forceballs are easier to justify without feeling like you're crippling your anti-air game (and ddBLK, to an extent).
-b3xxEXdf3 seems pretty good on the risk-reward front, given the loss of the armoured launchers. The gap between them on block is less dicey when armour gives way less reward, and I think it's safe on block--at the very least, way safer than EXdb2. Still combos on hit, too.
-f412xxEXdf3 is basically the same thing as above, except that you can mix in f412xxEXdb3. If they hold it, it's slightly plus. If you go one step further and mix in f412xxdb4, it'll disincline them from using armour every time.
-Bless NRS for retaining the sacred b2.
-EX df1 is still pretty much pointless. Bummer, that.

Overall, with the exception of losing a high-reward anti-air and his EX spit still sucking, I actually think the universal changes are leaving Reptile sitting pretty. I think he has the potential to be even more moderate, with more low-risk options than before and a slight economical improvement on meter. I think, at least for Noxious, that Reptile's biggest challenge may shift from meter management to the anti-air struggle.

Last edited:

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I'm overall just disappointed that they made such a huge change this late into the games life...I am mentally ready for Injustice 2.

This patch made me lose interest in this game...hope it changes :(

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Imo he sits exactly the same on the tier list now maybe a little worse. The spit is nice in a few mus but in mus like boneshaper, where the spit recovery makes no difference because they both still trade, it makes losing 1% suck.

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
Everybody complain about Kitanas EX Throat Slice, but as you can see in my video Reptile can challenge it after any juggle ended with ...f412bf2-dash and simply jump)))
And i find that f3db4b no longer have a gap(like f412bd4b too), safe on block(but there some whiff issues) and its legit low-overhead armorbreak option for Reptile now, you can OS it into f3b4 on whiff too.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Imo he sits exactly the same on the tier list now maybe a little worse. The spit is nice in a few mus but in mus like boneshaper, where the spit recovery makes no difference because they both still trade, it makes losing 1% suck.
Isn't Scoop not armored anymore? Or does it low profile somehow? Have no BS Shinnok EXP haha.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I know I'm late to the party, work has been kickin your boy's ass lol.

I can't wait til I get some time to actually play!

This acid spit recovery gets me pretty excited.
Good overview of it. I'm very happy with Reptile in his current state. Still balanced.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Isn't Scoop not armored anymore? Or does it low profile somehow? Have no BS Shinnok EXP haha.
It isn't anymore. Spit being faster isn't a big factor in the matchup, anyway. Trades with spit were unfavorable anyway for vs BS because you recovered slower. And beam was too fast outright to really trade without getting hit, and still is.

Losing armor on EX scoop forces Shinnok to use EX shoulder for more consistent anti-FB setup stuff. Which is pretty big for Reptile.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
The one big complaint I have is the nerf to the hit advantage on EX Slide. I don't like that, didn't seem like it needed a nerf.

The only logic I can see behind it is that it would be considered a launcher in the corner with F4xEX Slide, while it makes sense due to the universal stuff I still don't agree / like it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The one big complaint I have is the nerf to the hit advantage on EX Slide. I don't like that, didn't seem like it needed a nerf.

The only logic I can see behind it is that it would be considered a launcher in the corner with F4xEX Slide, while it makes sense due to the universal stuff I still don't agree / like it.
Yeah, it had more to do with it actually functioning as a launcher in certain scenarios.

I think that's the same reason why EX flipkick with Cage lost its armor, too.

haketh

Noob

It's a big reason why j don't like the universal change

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
It's a big reason why j don't like the universal change
I am all for the universal change and my character had the best armored launcher in the game. But this specific launcher was only a launcher in the corner. Unsafe on block. He can still do it mid combo, but it is SUPER hard now.

haketh

Noob
I am all for the universal change and my character had the best armored launcher in the game. But this specific launcher was only a launcher in the corner. Unsafe on block. He can still do it mid combo, but it is SUPER hard now.
I come from Marvel/Anime so Universal stuff just irks me as mad boring. But it's just odd Slide got hit.

I'm overall just disappointed that they made such a huge change this late into the games life...I am mentally ready for Injustice 2.

This patch made me lose interest in this game...hope it changes :(
I feel your pain, I feel they did the same kind of shit to cryo, took away his cryo cold blooded that cancels into special and gave him the cold blooded of the other two variations, CB is a signature of cryo for me