What's new

Video/Tutorial - Reptile Reptile - (NO Variations) Max Damage Meterless Combos

Hey Everyone, I put together this short video of all the max damage i have found with reptile so far without meter. As you can see in the video i have disabled all meter and variations for reptile. The combos that include the d3, slide at the end may require some getting used to, and will be tough for most at first, but there is virtually no risk in the attempting it.

The combos on cassie are the female optimal combos for the combo right before it. That combo does not work on females or is very very inconsistent.

I am aware that jump in punches would add an extra 1-2% to each combo, i did not use them in order to show what each combos damage is without having to jump. Noxious will add an extra 1-2% as well.

IF you guys have any questions please ask.

Enjoy

Mid Screen
Combo 1: b2, run, f412xxdb4 23%
Combo 2: f412xxbf2, njp, slight run f41, slight run f412xxbf4 34%
Combo 3: b1d4, df3, db3, njp, run f41, slight run f412xxbf4 33%
Combo 4: 34xxdf3, db3, d2, run, f412xxbf4 33%
Combo 5: 2124, run, 21, slight run, f412xxbf4 28% (Males only)
Combo 6: 2124, run, f412xxdb4 25% (Female version of previous combo)

Corner (0:54 and beyond)
Combo 1: b2, f41, d3, d3, f412xxbf4, d3xxbf4 36%
Combo 2: f412xxdb3, d2, 21, 1, 1, f412xxbf4, d3xxbf4 38% (Male only due to inconsistency on females with d2)
Combo 3: f412xxbf2, f41, d3, d3, f412xxbf4, d3xxbf4 37%
Combo 4: b1d4xxdf3, d2, njp, 21, 1, 1, f412xxbf4, d3xxbf4 38%
Combo 5: 141, d1, 21, f412xxbf4, d3xxbf4 34%
Combo 6: 2124, njp, 21, 21, 1, f412xxbf4, d3xxbf4 35%
nice I remember playing you in ranked a few days ago

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
I'm still having a pretty hard time landing the second slide. is it best to try to keep the opponent as high off the ground as possible to make it easier? or is it more about timing the d3 at the end?

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
I'm still having a pretty hard time landing the second slide. is it best to try to keep the opponent as high off the ground as possible to make it easier? or is it more about timing the d3 at the end?
All of it i guess, first slide must hit as close to the ground as possible for more bounce, then you need link d3, and cancel d3-slide tight thing by itself, especially when you need link d3-slide. Funniest thing about it - you will be punished 90% of the times for drop it and die in a corner)

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
All of it i guess, first slide must hit as close to the ground as possible for more bounce, then you need link d3, and cancel d3-slide tight thing by itself, especially when you need link d3-slide. Funniest thing about it - you will be punished 90% of the times for drop it and die in a corner)
If you are being punished for attempting the d3 slide then you are doing it wrong. Its a two in one, if the d3 doesn't hit you don't get the slide, if it hits the slide comes out. There is no risk to attempting it.

The only point where you can be punished is if you mess up the base combo, whiffing the f412.

Rasssta48

If you are being punished for attempting the d3 slide then you are doing it wrong. Its a two in one, if the d3 doesn't hit you don't get the slide, if it hits the slide comes out. There is no risk to attempting it.

The only point where you can be punished is if you mess up the base combo, whiffing the f412.
Nah, how about press d3 too soon, so you press it but its not come out, but slide comes, and youre welcome in the corner) first question is - pad or hitbox? second is - how about record video where u do it 10 out of 10, with reversal EX spin and tech roll, and if u drop it, try win that situation with b3EXswipe for example?
I see there too much risk for totally blow up, or even hurt your otg game, and big issue with characters that have fast reversals - if u do d3slide at the end u lost few frames of opponent knockdown, for example if I do f412slide then b1 and block I still can block EX Kung Lao spin, if I do that after d3slide spin blow me up.
I just wanna say - d3slide is a tight thing, and requires a lot of time to master, and not worth it if u pick character just for fun.
BTW thank for all of your findings man;)

Last edited:

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Nah, how about press d3 too soon, so you press it but its not come out, but slide comes, and youre welcome in the corner) first question is - pad or hitbox? second is - how about record video where u do it 10 out of 10, with reversal EX spin and tech roll, and if u drop it, try win that situation with b3EXswipe for example?
I see there too much risk for totally blow up, or even hurt your otg game, and big issue with characters that have fast reversals - if u do d3slide at the end u lost few frames of opponent knockdown, for example if I do f412slide then b1 and block I still can block EX Kung Lao spin, if I do that after d3slide spin blow me up.
I just wanna say - d3slide is a tight thing, and requires a lot of time to master, and not worth it if u pick character just for fun.
BTW thank for all of your findings man;)
I play on pad. Dropping a combo like 412 is punishable, then again f412 is the core of most of reptiles basic combos, if anyone drops that then they have a very high chance of getting punished.

Instead of uploading me doing it 10/10 times ill be honest and show you a minute and a half of me attempting double slide. I land it 15/21 times, it's pretty easy for me to do because i've practiced it quite a bit in the past and netting the extra guaranteed percentage is worth it.

Also here is a video of me mistiming the d3 slide 3 times in a row against a Kung lao with roll and cyclone, he is not able to punish and i can block in time even with a whiffed d3. You should not be getting punished in any way for attempting a d3 slide at the end of your combo.

To be consistent with d3 slide is no different than being consistent with any other combo in the game. It requires some practice and time to develop muscle memory. Strategically there is no down side to attempting a d3 slide.

Rasssta48

I play on pad. Dropping a combo like 412 is punishable, then again f412 is the core of most of reptiles basic combos, if anyone drops that then they have a very high chance of getting punished.

Instead of uploading me doing it 10/10 times ill be honest and show you a minute and a half of me attempting double slide. I land it 15/21 times, it's pretty easy for me to do because i've practiced it quite a bit in the past and netting the extra guaranteed percentage is worth it.

Also here is a video of me mistiming the d3 slide 3 times in a row against a Kung lao with roll and cyclone, he is not able to punish and i can block in time even with a whiffed d3. You should not be getting punished in any way for attempting a d3 slide at the end of your combo.

To be consistent with d3 slide is no different than being consistent with any other combo in the game. It requires some practice and time to develop muscle memory. Strategically there is no down side to attempting a d3 slide.
Thanks for videos man, but I did not mean being capable to block EX spin after, I mean be able to blow up his EX spin with b3EXstealth for example and not eat his grab wakeup on the other hand(after that drop). My point is - you lost half of otg potential if drop it, and it can play havoc especially against character like Lao, who just grab your ass and throw it in the corner.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
At first I was like "J cmon everyone knows these I expected better"

Then came the double slides and I was mind blowing

Good stuff bro

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Thanks for videos man, but I did not mean being capable to block EX spin after, I mean be able to blow up his EX spin with b3EXstealth for example and not eat his grab wakeup on the other hand(after that drop). My point is - you lost half of otg potential if drop it, and it can play havoc especially against character like Lao, who just grab your ass and throw it in the corner.
As with everything that i state here is another video lol

If you drop a combo regardless of what you go for of course you will lose your otg pressure, if you are not comfortable doing the combo then you shouldn't go for it in the first place. even if its just a bnb.

Any dropped combo in mkx ruins pressure unless it is planned. If you don't want to risk it then don't, however there are people who don't have issues doing them and retain the same pressure options after landing one.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
For those of you who can't get d3xxslide down:
For example this combo:
F412xxbf2,141,d1,f412xxbf4,d3xxbf4
You may be doing it like this at the end, you will do the f412xxslide then reptile slides for a little bit then he hits the opponent.You don't want that happening,you want to get your opponent to pop up a little bit just enough to get your d3xxslide down.How do you do that?you ask?(i will underline the part where you have to be a little bit patient)

When you do the combo:f412xxbf2,141,d1,f412xxslide.See when you do the 141,d1 you wait to make a very slight pause before the f412xxxslide and you will notice the opponent pops up a bit then it leaves you just enough time to get d3 slide down.I will edit this and post a video of the difference between the combo including d3xxslide and without the d3xxslide,if you don't get what i mean.:D
Edit:The height from which you CAN'T d3xxslide:
The height from which you CAN do d3xxslide:

Last edited: