What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile - General Discussion - Do any matchups favor deceptive?

Acid Hand

The Acid Hand
So regarding reptile's change to the forceball stop input, I've been noticing in matches, if I throw slow forceball out and they avoid it, if I put them in a blockstring into EX invisibility the ball will stop instead of me going invis if it's still somewhere on the screen.

Super fucking annoying, anyone else had this problem yet?
yes this has happened to me as well.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So I'm starting to think nimble might be as good if not better than deceptive . Especially with b1d4/f412 you can activate ballistic and get 9% more damage but more importantly take them all the way to the corner from pretty much anywhere

4x4lo8o

Noob
So regarding reptile's change to the forceball stop input, I've been noticing in matches, if I throw slow forceball out and they avoid it, if I put them in a blockstring into EX invisibility the ball will stop instead of me going invis if it's still somewhere on the screen.

Super fucking annoying, anyone else had this problem yet?

It's definitely annoying, but cancelling into the ball stop is still advantage on block after most strings(not as much as invis, but enough that f4 should beat any normals after f412 or f21) so it doesn't take away all your pressure options and it has set up potential. They jump a forceball, you make them block a string and freeze the ball, then go into another string and start pushing them towards the stationary forceball. Use it like a temporary make shift corner.

If you throw them onto a forceball do you get a combo?

Reactions: JDM

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's definitely annoying, but cancelling into the ball stop is still advantage on block after most strings(not as much as invis, but enough that f4 should beat any normals after f412 or f21) so it doesn't take away all your pressure options and it has set up potential. They jump a forceball, you make them block a string and freeze the ball, then go into another string and start pushing them towards the stationary forceball. Use it like a temporary make shift corner.

It's not advantage on block

4x4lo8o

Noob
It's not advantage on block

Alright I did some testing

I couldn't get f4 to stuff flipkick after f21. I think I was doing it earlier but in any case d3 stuffs flipkick so it's definitely positive.

I was testing with mb slowball for convenience but after I uploaded that I realized the frame data might be different on normal forceballs so I did some more testing and everything looks the same. f412~floating ball is at least +4 and f21~floatingball is +2 or +3.
I can upload videos if needed

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm curious on this as well. Can't seem to get up fast enough to convert.
I messing with this some and seems like if you throw them and they get hit by a forceball you can always tech roll and slide for 14%. Depending on the spacing you can probably land a f4 but it seems hard to set up.

What I did notice that seemed pretty good(I presume it's already know) is that if you get a forceball out and get in front of it and throw them if they tech the throw they'll get hit by the forceball and popped up for a full combo. If they don't tech it you do the tech roll slide combo for 14%

Last edited:

JDM

Noob

Not sure.