What's new

Reptile: Dash punisher option select

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey, its been a while. I have a question - How dose 212 punisher works with You on punishing Reptiles dash ?
I've noticed that it has to be buford before the dash animation ends. As far as I remember there i a 1 frame difference between the string the the - frames on dash. I not able to land it constantly and punishing it with d2 or chip isnt really good option.

How Do you deal with it in over all ?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey MoonSpell

Reptile's Dash is -15 in block, however due online lag is pratically safe so he can abuse this as much as he can.

If you're playing offline there is different ways of punish it if you're good to react on the frames windows.

B1~rd~ds is the most damaging, but is the hardest to connect because the startup is 14 frames.
21~rd~up slash, is much easier, but upslash scales damage but it should give you very decent damage.

I personally use 1~rd~ex up slash, because the startup is 10 frames, its the skarlets fastest startup punisher, so the chances of missing the window are very slim.

Saltea Moonspell

Hey Eddy!
Are you 100% sure that 1, rd into ex up slash connects ?
That is amazing, I never knew about that...:confused: lol.

Of the 21 starter I am able to pool of around 38-41% but I still dont have the muscle memory at the point where I automatically land the punisher successfully.

Thanks a lot for the tip. I will work on those punishers. Lets be honest, unless its critical situation I wont feel good about using one bar for ex up slash punisher that brings me into 30-36% damage. :p

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey Eddy!
Are you 100% sure that 1, rd into ex up slash connects ?
That is amazing, I never knew about that...:confused: lol.

Of the 21 starter I am able to pool of around 38-41% but I still dont have the muscle memory at the point where I automatically land the punisher successfully.

Thanks a lot for the tip. I will work on those punishers. Lets be honest, unless its critical situation I wont feel good about using one bar for ex up slash punisher that brings me into 30-36% damage. :p
36? i can do a decent over 40% for a 1~rd ex upslash, and i'm sure it connects because its what i've called 10f punisher before:rolleyes:

And more so, lots of ppl risk themself with inputing F4 and 21 on such a small punish window because they don't want to spend meter. If the punish is easier with the meter i rather do it, even if it will deal a lot of damage and you pretty much will get this meter back once you reset them into a blockstring

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Haha, I came here expecting an option select...you all need to learn what those are before posting =\

An option select is where you do multiple inputs and the outcome changes depending on what your opponent does.

Saltea Moonspell

36? i can do a decent over 40% for a 1~rd ex upslash, and i'm sure it connects because its what i've called 10f punisher before:rolleyes:

And more so, lots of ppl risk themself with inputing F4 and 21 on such a small punish window because they don't want to spend meter. If the punish is easier with the meter i rather do it, even if it will deal a lot of damage and you pretty much will get this meter back once you reset them into a blockstring
Eddy, could You please share the imputs of that 40% punisher - cause I cant get anything above 36%.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Eddy, could You please share the imputs of that 40% punisher - cause I cant get anything above 36%.
1~rd~ex upslash, U3, 2~rd~ds, 2~rd~ds, 23~rd~rs 11 hits/ 41% Damage

21~rd~up slash, U3, 2~rd~ds, 23~rd~ex down slash, 2~rd~rs 12 hits/ 43% Damage

Do you need a video too? Ok

On 0:49 secs of my skarlet final video you can see a 21~rd~us meterless combo that does 41% damage since you guys hate to launch with the 10 frame.

before the impratical combos session there is the most damaging fillers that you can get from any launcher, F4 and B1 doing 50% damage without even jump in.

this video isin't online just for showing, or swag purposes:D

Saltea Moonspell

Shit, i tried to do the U3, 2~rd~ds, 2~rd~ds, 23~rd~rs but I couldnt get it right and I thought that there might be something different.
Thank man. On Saturday I am going to play smelly Reptile and i'll see how it goes with me.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
U3 > reptiles dash. I spam U3 when in dash range... a couple 40% resets and your opponent won't know how to close distance anymore.

U3, down dagger is the super safe version but U3 is already so safe I hardly ever add the down dagger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2