What's new

Reptile 6x dash?!?

nah i havent tried yet, but i'll try it tonight.

i had the same juggle w/ 2 more lp's and uppercut for 68% but had trouble recording it b/c Mame's playback desynchs after a long time

I've been working on my Reptile for a good while now, and I think I've reached a point where I'm pretty decent with him. I've recently started learning how to properly punish teleporters and chronic jumpers and use the forceballs, dash and invis to keep people off balance. I can get 3x juggles off a popup consistantly (50%), 4x sometimes depending on what character I'm facing which results in 57% if I remember correctly.

But how in the world can someone get 6x juggles, and even more? I've praticed the juggle countless times and I still cannot get more than 4 of them before an uppercut on any character. They just end up too low to keep going.

On the guide it says to HPHP but I find I can only get 2, maybe 3, HPHP's before I have to go to LPHP then LPLP before the uppercut. I feel I've got the timing down pat, but maybe I'm not standing close enough or far away enough to keep the combo going. This is not specified in the guide - where to stand relative to the popup. Can I get some advice on that?

Reptile is definately a rewarding character to learn, but it's alot of work.
the biggest factor I notice between times when i get 4 or more sets is after the pop-up when i do the force ball if rep moves slightly forward after the FB i dont move at all at the start the juggle. conversely, if he does not move forward after the FB, i take a slight step fwd and start the appropriate dash sequence (witch online is usually just 2 high punches cus of delay). Shock or Ded_ would know the best but thats just what ive noticed and it has helped me to more consistently being positioned correctly.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
the biggest factor I notice between times when i get 4 or more sets is after the pop-up when i do the force ball if rep moves slightly forward after the FB i dont move at all at the start the juggle. conversely, if he does not move forward after the FB, i take a slight step fwd and start the appropriate dash sequence (witch online is usually just 2 high punches cus of delay). Shock or Ded_ would know the best but thats just what ive noticed and it has helped me to more consistently being positioned correctly.
You definitely need to be sure Reptile is in the right position to start as you said, the closer and higher the better if you are doing straight up HPHP juggles. Vs Liu Kang I can typically get 8 to 10 total HPs per combo with minimal effort, but breaking 50% 6 HPs is generally acceptable.