What's new

Repair Circuit

The trait now deserves its own thread.

According to the patch notes, the startup is 2.5 times faster and regenerates at double the speed.
This is huge. Discuss

Balancing a regeneration of health effect is definitely very hard, and teters on being shit or being overpowered.
it is now tetering towards the latter, IMO

even just doing it in small bursts from full screen is going to be extremely good now because of the fast startup time.
like i do it now from full screen randomly now and cancel it into blaster (like send missles on someone whos scared, repair circuit, fireball)

after the patch im going to try to activate it every time it becomes active at least for a tiny bit.

after a mb uppercut i usually place a missles, iafb right now but it might end up being better to just get a long repair circuit in lol.

also, if the startup is actually super fast the potential for cancelling out of it in pressure might actually be there. we have to wait and see the startup time

lmao i take everything i said back. the startup time of cyborg trait is not 2.5 times as fast like i read it, its the same startup time. the trait now only LASTS 2 seconds if you hold it all the way as opposed to 5 seconds if held all the way. its still a lot better than it is now but not the goodshit like i thought it was.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
This is really big for Cyborg. People will now RESPECT his ability to gain health back, which is huge for his meta game.

There was a HUGE general game mechanic buff for Cyborg in combination with his trait buff. MB hard attacks now take 50% less damage AND MBB3 Combos do MORE DAMAGE.

IE you will be doing a lot of Trait xx D(B) MB. Yes it is worth two bars. Easily to get 40% combo and health back.

You can now bait people to move/attack you and blow them up. For teleport characters this is a blessing as you can MBHArd attack cancel or back/forward dash out of the way. You can also Trait cancel in a Nova Blast/Sonic disruptor cancel for a glorified mind fuck.

I have been blowing up scorpion with NB dash cancels to bait a tele (grapple hook too). This is just too good.

8 seconds to recover is a joke if you remember how much you used it before.

Simple and easy fix. Bravo NRS!

***Also not stated in the patch notes but I talked with Paulo a while back:

The trait will start healing on the very first tick! This did not happen before and you couldn't just hit trait/ immediate cancel for any health. Now you can instantly heal and cancel as soon as possible. For all purposes it does have faster startup and will be able to be used during cancel pressure...not just max range.

GDLKE

Edit: Unfortunately this probably will not help too much with the Aquaman MU...but I can see it helping the Sinestro and Ares somewhat.... pic

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
lmao i take everything i said back. the startup time of cyborg trait is not 2.5 times as fast like i read it, its the same startup time. the trait now only LASTS 2 seconds if you hold it all the way as opposed to 5 seconds if held all the way. its still a lot better than it is now but not the goodshit like i thought it was.
Same start up time, but now heals on the first tick. So the healing startup time IS Faster actually. From what Paulo told me a few weeks ago

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
j2, 3, ~dbm (mbb3), j3, j2, 113, ~db1 or some other variations on that combo does now ~45-53% now (cause mbb3 do more by themselves ect).
so you have atleast some additional combo options for 2 bars midscreen now (which you can hit confirm off a crossup j2).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
j2, 3, ~dbm (mbb3), j3, j2, 113, ~db1 or some other variations on that combo does now ~45-53% now (cause mbb3 do more by themselves ect).
so you have atleast some additional combo options for 2 bars midscreen now (which you can hit confirm off a crossup j2).

Wait what?

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
On the keyboard i use, for example, 113 ~ down,back (forward), up, (not diagonal), and go away from the opponent...
I dont know how to do cancel into grapple hook on pad - it's difficult for me...definitely true

Is this mid screen? This sounds really gdlk.

i was doing the mbb3 cancel combos back in they day but stopped when i realized they dont do enough damage to justify doing them for 2 meters. they should be one meter for cyborg lol

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I am actually now worried about getting accidental grapple hook aways when ending combos in powerfist. I don't know why they made it easier.... it wasn't hard....

Also, since Cyborg just got a trait buff and no normals buff or SDU/TA buff he still has a bunch of hard MUs.
MMH, AM, Sinestro, and now Ares will still be a nightmare, (worthy of having a secondary to deal with if you compete in tournaments.)