What's new

Reo's Most Recent Inj2 Tier List.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Tier lists are kind of useless; give me a nice matchup chart and I'm happy. I've yet to see one as perfect as @BillStickers MK9 chart.

It's nearly impossible to make your own MU chart by yourself unless you personally play all the characters at a high level. SonicFox would be the closest and he still doesn't use every character. REO would have to consult with every character representative and even then, unless there's a MU consensus in every character community, it still won't be agreed on by everyone.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Brainiac is def overrated due to lack of MU knowledge, he will come down the tier list as he becomes more common. I was watching SylverRye stream the other day and he had no idea Brainiac's divekick is -15 and MB version is -8, didn't know how to stuff wakeup, etc. Brainiac is a peculiar character for sure and he's hard to know how to fight without a lot of MU experience or time in the lab.

Bane seemed low on this list.
You can hit him before the MB second hit with any attack up to 8 frames

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
True but I'm a OG kinda guy Magna-Angelmon seals anything away no matter the level
Actually not canonically truly. It was revealed Magna-Angelmon cannot seal Royal Knight lvl Digimon and above. Which means there are ALOT of Digimon he cannot seal away forever.

Lucemon is also completely immune to the Holy types anyway and takes a being the lvl of Susanoomon to even defeat. Both make MagnaAngel look like fodder.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
its obv just a reo fanboy bro

reo's a bigboy he made the tierlist all by himself he can defend it himself too. its not up to the guy who didnt make the tier list to bring his arguments out like Reo is an unquestionable god, only in his fanboy mind is that a thing lul
You obviously didn't go to school and also obviously didn't take into mind a single thing I said.

Tweedy

Noob
LMAO! Theo misses one event and you say supes has zero top 8s since patch. The character doesn't even deserve to be in the top 32 for how brain dead he is. His bad mu is really strong right now and that's the only reason this character isn't winning tourneys. He still shits on most of the cast.
We're playing an NRS title where only 6-7 characters take more than 15 minutes to learn combos. Calling a character braindead is sooooooo redundant and if you play a character outside of those 6-7 you're actually a joke for calling other characters braindead.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
We're playing an NRS title where only 6-7 characters take more than 15 minutes to learn combos. Calling a character braindead is sooooooo redundant and if you play a character outside of those 6-7 you're actually a joke for calling other characters braindead.
Not that I diasagree, but who in your opinion are the 6-7 characters that take more execution?

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I didn't do any of the things in your comment lol. When did I throw a slur at anybody or complain about this placement? I simply asked a question which I was hoping would be answered by the person who placed her there. GTFO.
Then why don't you enlighten us why you think she is S Tier. Maybe you'll persuade him and he'll see the light.

whats the reason? lol

not sure i agree with there being an s-tier
basically it has to do with spacing, certain characters would prefer to block f23ice breath standing instead of the f2(duck)3(stand up) ice breath. when you always block the 3 part low itll make sups farther away so its easier for him to space out your d1 this is also the case when he uses his trait. So lets just say he noticed you d1 everytime after he traits up after f23 well if hes getting you to respect the low and youre crouching hes more likely to be able to space out the d1 and get a full whiff punish with another f23 instead of a d1 into special check. crouching the f23 will just make sups f23 game better basically

Last edited:

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Not that I diasagree, but who in your opinion are the 6-7 characters that take more execution?
Combos in quite a few fighters aren't really that hard to learn so I don't get his comment...
Even so, I'd say that in most characters' cases, learning how to do a character's combos does nearly nothing for you other than let you know how to do combos; for example, with Green Arrow. Merely knowing how to do his combos (which actually take a decent learning curve to master in my history of playing him) won't be all that beneficial to you. Besides, are we just talking basic combos or are we including conversion and corner combos too? Because that all takes more than 15 minutes.

What does this character even lack?
- mobility? Check!
- mix-ups? Check!
- damage? Check!
- good wake-up? Check!
- anti-air? Check!
- good air normals? Check!
- projectile? Check!
- range? Check!
- safety? Check!

Brainiac players are the new Catwoman players who are in denial of him being great.

I actually think he could be up in the top 5 as the game evolves now.
Like Literally just tell me one thing he lacks.
technically his wakeup is considered bad but as a brain player i agree its good.
He doesnt have safety idk why youd say that tho.
The character lacks solid grounded normals and his dk can become very predictable since its his only way of attaining big damage. mb b3 will stuff it and his regular and long ranged d1 everytime unless trait is coming with it, that is unless your catwoman and you just go underneath trait and get a punish everytime. His projectile isnt very good and it disappears on screen whenever he releases it and has to block.when the air is cut off for brainiac its reall difficult.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
You can hit him before the MB second hit with any attack up to 8 frames
You werent doing it "instant" enough, if he does it low enough its completely safe to everything (non mb) and if he does it far and low enough its can only be backdashed from what I have been doing.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm just saying in general most characters are pretty easy. Idk if it's exactly 6-7 that are hard on this game or MKX, it might be more are less.

You have Batman players or Wonder Woman players on here all the time talking about how Superman or Supergirl or whoever are braindead. What's so hard about Batman and Wonder Woman or most characters?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
You obviously didn't go to school and also obviously didn't take into mind a single thing I said.

i saw a guy just ask "why is starfire not s tier" and then you went on a rant about slurs and being insulting to reo lmao but ok bro thats totally not unreasonable reaction and youre not a reo fanboy at all

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm just saying in general most characters are pretty easy. Idk if it's exactly 6-7 that are hard on this game or MKX, it might be more are less.

You have Batman players or Wonder Woman players on here all the time talking about how Superman or Supergirl or whoever are braindead. What's so hard about Batman and Wonder Woman or most characters?
Theres not really any single character thats too hard for anyone to use if they really wanted to.

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
No you can't if he spaces it correctly.
You werent doing it "instant" enough, if he does it low enough its completely safe to everything (non mb) and if he does it far and low enough its can only be backdashed from what I have been doing.
I know there is the possibility of doing it safe but spacing influence MB version too? Because I tested in other situations and I always managed to hit before the second hit

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
basically it has to do with spacing, certain characters would prefer to block f23ice breath standing instead of the f2(duck)3(stand up) ice breath. when you always block the 3 part low itll make sups farther away so its easier for him to space out your d1 this is also the case when he uses his trait. So lets just say he noticed you d1 everytime after he traits up after f23 well if hes getting you to respect the low and youre crouching hes more likely to be able to space out the d1 and get a full whiff punish with another f23 instead of a d1 into special check. crouching the f23 will just make sups f23 game better basically
eh, i wouldnt care, its better than being hit by f2d1, id rather try to escape it that way then get hit.

Tweedy

Noob
I know there is the possibility of doing it safe but spacing influence MB version too? Because I tested in other situations and I always managed to hit before the second hit
You don't have to mb, you can make the regular divekick save with proper spacing.

Tweedy

Noob
Theres not really any single character thats too hard for anyone to use if they really wanted to.
Yeah but you're not doing stuff Omegak does with Grodd in 15 minutes.

As far as pure execution and combos go that doesn't ring true with most of the cast and that's my point. NRS games are more about match ups not execution.

I agree with wonder woman being A, but man she's work. People hate her because it seems like special special ji3 tick throw air special mb special trait, but they all require both an accurate assessment of the opponent and timing/ spacing. She shuts down the player, not the character. One blocked not perfectly spaced shield toss and you've given up all of your space. Yet I feel perfectly comfortable doing absolutely nothing from anywhere and being purely reactionary with the added control of the air. Cudos to NRS btw for making footsies a part of the mind games again.

Last edited: