What's new

REO discusses the potential banning of Jacqui in tournaments

xKMMx

Banned
The discussion should be centered around Upgraded if we're discussing nerfs. Upgraded makes it literally a self-nerf to play anything other than Upgraded.
Hundred percent. Bounce needs to be nerfed. I play !st Rd KO since forever and Id even be ok with them nerfing her cancel to cost a bar.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Honestly, I think her other variations ARE decently balanced with the range of her normals and lack of projectile. But there's no way in hell I'll ever agree that Upgraded is in line with the current balance of the game. Upgraded puts her stubby but INSANELY good normals directly into your face for free with one move.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
We haven't really seen that play out that way at the competitive level though. Jacqui is certainly a top tier, but it's not like there aren't other strong characters in the game that you can choose. She could use some nerfs, but it's not that dire.
I meant that it's a self-nerf to the Jacqui player to play anything but Upgraded. There are other strong characters in the game, yes. But after the most recent balance patch, none of those characters are at the same level of balance as Upgraded. They all got nerfed BUT Jacqui.