What's new

REO discusses the potential banning of Jacqui in tournaments

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Quick video REO just put out.

I agree that banning Jacqui would be stupid when characters like Kabal and Cyrax in MK9, Batgirl and Manhunter in INJ1 were allowed to rock, for example. I think people just really dislike the character and hate seeing her on screen, so there's an outcry to ban her, I guess.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
We need a governing body that's not NRS to hash these things out. Like a fight commission complied of top players media members and community members to really come out with some type of law that everyone follows for instances like this. Tekken and Arn are good like really good and at that lvl the only Jackie's they are losing to are like 2 or 3 people so it's really really disingenuous on their part making seem like shes worse then joker or lui but again there good what do I know.

Jacqui is the blandest looking, most degenerate playing character I have ever seen and I hate everybody playing her with a passion, but this is ridiculous and I want to know who these people are that have "been talking about" banning her.

Makes us look like filthy smashers.
Remember when those bitches were booing the grand finals of Smash Ultimate at EVO? Jesus fucking Christ. Go spam Paulo on Twitter like I do for Scorpion buffs/Jacqui nerfs and stfu and get good in the meantime.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
If a character is perceived as too powerful, people must give the reasons why they think that and propose logical normalizations, then wait for nrs balance decision in a subsequent patch. Banning a character should only be a last resort measure to eliminate things that are undeniably broken, like unpatched infinites.

In the meantime, if you think a character is very good and you are competing, hot news: you can pick it too. Your other option is to get good, stop crying and lab the matchup with your character until nerfs come.

I wouldn't be surprised if these ban campaigns came from people that had no problem using and taking advantage of the most broken characters in the past, but now for some reason that is not working for them anymore and they adopt other desperate strategies. In any case, this weaklink behaviour is definitely new in the community and should stop. It gives a bad image.

Last edited:

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
If a character is perceived as too powerful, people must give the reasons why they think that and propose logical normalizations, then wait for nrs balance decision in a subsequent patch. Banning a character should only be a last resort measure to eliminate things that are undeniably broken, like unpatched infinites.

In the meantime, if you think a character is very good and you are competing, hot news: you can pick it too. Your other option is to get good, stop crying and lab the matchup with your character until nerfs come.

I wouldn't be surprised if these ban campaigns came from people that had no problem using and taking advantage of the most broken characters in the past, but now for some reason that is not working for them anymore and they adopt other desperate strategies. In any case, this weaklink behaviour is definitey new in the community and should stop. It gives a bad image.
SHOTS!!!! TURN DOWN FOR WHAT

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I agree that banning Jacqui would be stupid when characters like Kabal and Cyrax in MK9, Batgirl and Manhunter in INJ1 were allowed to rock, for example. I think people just really dislike the character and hate seeing her on screen, so there's an outcry to ban her, I guess.
There's been a bunch of hate for Jacqui since she was introduced in MKX, and some of it stems from racism. Like, I get that she's good, but before this game came out, I was seeing posts from people saying they didn't want to see Jacqui in MK11 for reasons like "because she is ratchet" and "she's just ghetto" etc.

I'm no longer putting up with that nonsense here, but it lets you understand the mentality that is behind the way some people think about fighting games.

There's been a bunch of hate for Jacqui since she was introduced in MKX, and some of it stems from racism. Like, I get that she's good, but before this game came out, I was seeing posts from people saying they didn't want to see Jacqui in MK11 for reasons like "because she is ratchet" and "she's just ghetto" etc.

I'm no longer putting up with that nonsense here, but it lets you understand the mentality that is behind the way some people think about fighting games.
Shit's not about racism. She's just as lame as all the other fucking kombat kids. Superfluous trash that's just hip versions of already existing characters, that bring nothing new to the table.
It's like there's a new series called X-Men: The Kids.

Where it's like baby Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean Grey all with the same character traits and powers, maybe genders swapped and you're supposed to be hyped for that shit.
Not a fan of that.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Shit's not about racism.
I'm sorry, saying a character cannot be included in an upcoming fighting game because she is "ghetto" or "ratchet" is racism.

The posts I'm referring to weren't general, they weren't about "all kombat kids", they weren't about "bringing nothing new". Let's not make excuses for people's reprehensible behavior.

LOL, Jacqui isnt even winning tournaments like that...
Jacqui literally can't catch Fujin as he runs through the air...
I'm beginning to believe Sonic's claims about this community
Shouldn't be surprising at this point when back in MKX she was hated for having "bland costume design" (much like Sonya or Johnny) plus a "cheap spamming variation", and now that she has MANY great costumes and a pretty good looking and fair moveset she's still hated. Not rocket science.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara

I haven't read anywhere in the Twitter posts that this thread is about ,any of the things you have mentioned here. It has nothing to do with the race of the character and more to do with these players scrubby mentality.
The whole character is not banned just 1 variation. There is no mention of banning characters because of race.

Can we please keep on topic and not make this into something it is not.

If those posts were made on here they should have been deleted straight away and the posters banned. That sort of bull shit should never be tolerated.

It should have never been allowed not just now.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
So when did the NRS community decided to copy the Smash community? If you don't know the same thing is going on right now, where people want to ban Sonic and a number of characters from online tournaments due to their playstyle. This is getting out of hand man.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1. Jacqui absolutely should not be banned. It makes the people who want reasonable nerfs for the character look like stupid pussies.

2. Fuck Jacqui, bland dogshit vanilla character, but even more so fuck the people that call her ratchet or ghetto. It makes the people who don't like Jacqui for legitimate reasons look like racist assholes, when thankfully our community is pretty great and inclusive as a whole, with bigots being the outliers. Like people LOVE Jax.

3. Do you guys remember Tekken Master's tier lists he made for MKX and Injustice 2? They were some of the most god awful takes I have ever seen on a game, he is a great player but that doesn't mean he should be an authority for this type of shit at all.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
1. Jacqui absolutely should not be banned. It makes the people who want reasonable nerfs for the character look like stupid pussies.

2. Fuck Jacqui, bland dogshit vanilla character, but even more so fuck the people that call her ratchet or ghetto. It makes the people who don't like Jacqui for legitimate reasons look like racist assholes, when thankfully our community is pretty great and inclusive as a whole, with bigots being the outliers. Like people LOVE Jax.

3. Do you guys remember Tekken Master's tier lists he made for MKX and Injustice 2? They were some of the most god awful takes I have ever seen on a game, he is a great player but that doesn't mean he should be an authority for this type of shit at all.
What about God shang? And all of Russia