What's new

Remove switch from button

aj1701

Noob
Ok I know this is a noob question, but I don't want to risk breaking anything. I have the MK PDP stick, and I have new replacement buttons, but to install them I need to take the switches out of the buttons.

What's the proper way to do this? It seems like I can just bend the button's "teeth" out of the holes in the sides of the switch, but like I said, I want to make sure I don't break it.

So, anyone are to fill me in on the procedure?

aj1701

Noob
Ok, I answered my own question. On one side of the switch there's a plastic piece that's low against the switch and another that's high. Those prongs have, extension, I guess, that fits into holes which exist on the switch. The other side is just there to keep the switch pushed so that the tabs stay in the holes and the switch stays in place.

nwo

Noob
The plastic prong that extends lowest on the switch, you carefully bend it out then rotate the switch 90 degrees, then it should pull out from the side without the need of bending anything else.

aj1701

Noob
The plastic prong that extends lowest on the switch, you carefully bend it out then rotate the switch 90 degrees, then it should pull out from the side without the need of bending anything else.
That's pretty much what I did, except I started with the "tallest" prong and rotated that way.