What's new

Remove Finish Him Freeze Frame

Should the finish him freeze frame be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 53 50.5%

• Total voters

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This is the dumbest thing ever. Ive literally played every MK, 9 and Deception being my favorites. Wheter I agreed or disagreed with the OP, your statement is ridiculous. MKX stans? Because they want to give feedback on what changes they dont like? Please go back to reddit or the WB forums where you belong.

This place used to not give a fuck about lore and story and all that jazz, its supplementary not main course. This is for FIGHTING GAME PLAYERS.
You dont know what you are talking about. I have contributed to and been actively engaged in the competitive side of this site far more than you and travel to tournaments and compete in my weekly local. I was calling this thread out for being a another useless complaint thread. Ignored.

I understand. Those discussions are very helpful and that’s why I’m on tym, but it's not helpful to direct that kind of energy. Sure this the my first created thread but I have participated in other threads created by other members. All you really had to say was that the inputs are still read if you continue to input them during the freeze frame, or you could have said nothing. The former would have been helpful.
It is another thread to add to the list of complaint threads by barely active members. If your thread was a question on whether you could extend combos after or not then I would have answered it. Instead the thread is titled "remove this mechanic"

If you asked how it worked and admitted to not understanding it I would explain it. Instead you asked for something to be removed entirely because you didnt understand it. That is the difference

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
You dont know what you are talking about. I have contributed to and been actively engaged in the competitive side of this site far more than you and travel to tournaments and compete in my weekly local. I was calling this thread out for being a another useless complaint thread. Ignored.

It is another thread to add to the list of complaint threads by barely active members. If your thread was a question on whether you could extend combos after or not then I would have answered it. Instead the thread is titled "remove this mechanic"

If you asked how it worked and admitted to not understanding it I would explain it. Instead you asked for something to be removed entirely because you didnt understand it. That is the difference

You replied and said ignored? You autistic bro?

All these new casual MKX stans afraid of change need to go back to that game instead of trying to change this one.

The slomo is badass and you can still combo after. There is nothung more satisfying right now than ending in a krushing blow and when the camera zooms back out you find out, "oh shit that was enough to kill" during the slomo screen. Something doesnt need to change just because you cannot time your combo right EVEN IN SLOMO.

Scrubs
Facts

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I think it should stay the way it is. I can remember plenty of times in tournament when I wasn't sure if someone was dead by the end of my combo, leading to a weird scramble at the end of a round/match. Most fighting games have a pause or something similar to confirm the end of the round, and this is MK11's way of doing it. I would actually prefer a freeze after every round winning hit.
Welcome back Brother <3

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
It looks cool as hell and should absolutely stay.

You can still continue strings after it. Just account for the pause.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
All these new casual MKX stans afraid of change need to go back to that game instead of trying to change this one.

The slomo is badass and you can still combo after. There is nothung more satisfying right now than ending in a krushing blow and when the camera zooms back out you find out, "oh shit that was enough to kill" during the slomo screen. Something doesnt need to change just because you cannot time your combo right EVEN IN SLOMO.

Scrubs
More tenured MK players, like myself, also don't like the freeze frame. I just find that it looks awkward and jerky.

Joy Boy

Noob
I get that it looks cool but it’s counterintuitive. Of course all you have to do is get used to it and everything will be fine but initially, it felt awkward. Also, when created the thread I was unaware that you had to continue to input the buttons while frozen. I thought you had to wait for the movement to resume in order to finish the combo and that’s why I was dropping them.