What's new

Remove Finish Him Freeze Frame

Should the finish him freeze frame be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 51 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 51.0%

• Total voters

Joy Boy

Noob
Sad to say that my first thread is a complaint, but I think that posting somewhere in the community has to have some kind of influence over changes.

Now... the freeze at finish him looks dope and it adds drama to the win but if it means you can’t juggle into a brutality, it should be done away with. One of my favorite things about the new brutalities is the transition from match to death. In mk11, the only way to do this is if the very last hit is your brutal. I don’t see why the finish him would break that link.

Do you think this is just an early build thing?

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Exactly what I was thinking. It looks good if you finish with a single hit, but trying to finish a match with a combo brutality is hard as fuck if the Finish Him happens during a normal you need to cancel

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Do you mean they won’t let you finish your combo if the life drains out? I never ran into that issue lol. I thought it slowed down for the brutality. Whenever I landed one I thought it was cool. It was all on accident though. I think brutalities should be the last hit to register but then again I’m not a very good combo person so it is what it is.

Joy Boy

Noob
Do you mean they won’t let you finish your combo if the life drains out? I never ran into that issue lol. I thought it slowed down for the brutality. Whenever I landed one I thought it was cool. It was all on accident though. I think brutalities should be the last hit to register but then again I’m not a very good combo person so it is what it is.
What I mean is that the second that your opponents health hits 0, the screen freezes even if you’re mid combo.

Joy Boy

Noob
I like it, both for Fatalities and win poses. I'd prefer if they stayed. ^^

Edit: I think I misunderstood you, thought you meant the slow-mo endings. But I still think the last hit being slowed down like that is pretty cool as well.
No I love the slow-mo on brutals and fatalities. I mean when the announcer says finish him. All movement stops as he says it and it kind of interrupts your combo. I haven’t been able to finish into a brutal after that.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The should remove both this and the slow motion and freeze frame at the end of the fatalities.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm usually very positive with MK11 so far but I think I kinda agree on this one.

I think it does effect some of the mind games / trolling that imo adds to fighting games. It screws up timing on after win combos and combos that go longer than after win and end in a brutality.

All MK games basically allowed you ton continue a combo as far as you wanted after the win.. ending in a brutality hit and THEN you can do it again instead of a fatality as a dis.

Yes it is still possible to continue the combo and get a after kill combo / brutality, but many people play on muscle memory so ti DOES effect timing.

Finish Him, imo, should happen as they stand up and wobble dazed.. not on hit. or keep the timing as is and just remove the slow down on the killing blow.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I think it should stay the way it is. I can remember plenty of times in tournament when I wasn't sure if someone was dead by the end of my combo, leading to a weird scramble at the end of a round/match. Most fighting games have a pause or something similar to confirm the end of the round, and this is MK11's way of doing it. I would actually prefer a freeze after every round winning hit.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yeah i voted no but i thought u meant the freeze at the end like others .. i also agree it does seem to throw off any timing im sure with the full game this can be ironed out and will look cool when pulled off

Joy Boy

Noob
You can still juggle into a brutality tho.
Just keep doing your inputs they'll still go through.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Interesting. I thought you had to wait for the movement to come back in order to finish. I’ll try inputting through. Thanks

Joy Boy

Noob
I think it should stay the way it is. I can remember plenty of times in tournament when I wasn't sure if someone was dead by the end of my combo, leading to a weird scramble at the end of a round/match. Most fighting games have a pause or something similar to confirm the end of the round, and this is MK11's way of doing it. I would actually prefer a freeze after every round winning hit.
This is a really great point. I too have experienced that scramble. I do think they could signal the end of the match a different way without freezing. Or maybe its a quick freeze so that your mind doesn’t pause as well. I’m going to try to continue inputting through the frozen frame and just get used to it anyway. I wasn’t aware of that until this thread.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
All these new casual MKX stans afraid of change need to go back to that game instead of trying to change this one.

The slomo is badass and you can still combo after. There is nothung more satisfying right now than ending in a krushing blow and when the camera zooms back out you find out, "oh shit that was enough to kill" during the slomo screen. Something doesnt need to change just because you cannot time your combo right EVEN IN SLOMO.

Scrubs

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I actually like those moments.

Joy Boy

Noob
All these new casual MKX stans afraid of change need to go back to that game instead of trying to change this one.

The slomo is badass and you can still combo after. There is nothung more satisfying right now than ending in a krushing blow and when the camera zooms back out you find out, "oh shit that was enough to kill" during the slomo screen. Something doesnt need to change just because you cannot time your combo right EVEN IN SLOMO.

Scrubs
I’m no mkx stan or scrub brother. No game is going to be absolutely perfect. I don’t see how simple feedback, good or not, automatically subscribes you to scrub. If you read my other replies I mentioned that I am going to try to get used to the change.

Then people wonder why there are so many lurkers on this site. If you were helpful like some of the other members in the thread, tym would be a better place.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I’m no mkx stan or scrub brother. No game is going to be absolutely perfect. I don’t see how simple feedback, good or not, automatically subscribes you to scrub. If you read my other replies I mentioned that I am going to try to get used to the change.

Then people wonder why there are so many lurkers on this site. If you were helpful like some of the other members in the thread, tym would be a better place.
Changing it effects literally nothing, people only want to change it because it is different. When it comes to things that matter such as actual discussion of characters, mus, and tech I am as helpful as it gets and contribute a lot to this site which is suppose to be a COMPETITIVE MK site.

Do not pretend like I do not contribute to this site when this is the first thing you have ever posted here and it is a complaint thread about some casual aspect of the game being different from the previous game.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?

Scrubs
This is the dumbest thing ever. Ive literally played every MK, 9 and Deception being my favorites. Wheter I agreed or disagreed with the OP, your statement is ridiculous. MKX stans? Because they want to give feedback on what changes they dont like? Please go back to reddit or the WB forums where you belong.

This place used to not give a fuck about lore and story and all that jazz, its supplementary not main course. This is for FIGHTING GAME PLAYERS.

Joy Boy

Noob
Changing it effects literally nothing, people only want to change it because it is different. When it comes to things that matter such as actual discussion of characters, mus, and tech I am as helpful as it gets and contribute a lot to this site which is suppose to be a COMPETITIVE MK site.

Do not pretend like I do not contribute to this site when this is the first thing you have ever posted here and it is a complaint thread about some casual aspect of the game being different from the previous game.
I understand. Those discussions are very helpful and that’s why I’m on tym, but it's not helpful to direct that kind of energy. Sure this the my first created thread but I have participated in other threads created by other members. All you really had to say was that the inputs are still read if you continue to input them during the freeze frame, or you could have said nothing. The former would have been helpful.