What's new

Tech - Relentless Relentless Tech and Strategy Discussion

Obamu

Noob
his passive barely reaches 1%

tested jason with 100% health uppercut 14%, df1 = 15%, set it to 10%(can do this in lab in more options), uppercut is 14.9# something, forgot the df1 but I think 15.6# something

adds 1% total in any combos since there's still scaling, as above said u can activate it at the end of combos

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
here are some interesting setups with teleports (they all are safe on block as you can see):

And here's armor setup (perfect timing btw :) ):

(in last one you can do Pursuit instead of armor, depends from situation)
Sorry, but they are "safe" if your opponent try to punish you, but if he blocks the string and respect, then your teleport WONT be safe at all

his passive barely reaches 1%

tested jason with 100% health uppercut 14%, df1 = 15%, set it to 10%(can do this in lab in more options), uppercut is 14.9# something, forgot the df1 but I think 15.6# something

adds 1% total in any combos since there's still scaling, as above said u can activate it at the end of combos
I feel like it's an invisible percent. You cant see it in combo but the health bar. Cause when I do a 25% string it looks like 34 % in the second round

Obamu

Noob
I feel like it's an invisible percent. You cant see it in combo but the health bar. Cause when I do a 25% string it looks like 34 % in the second round
to test that theory, do a 8% combo with 100% health jason(relentless var.) to check, then set it at 10% health and do the combo again, if your opponent die then it did atleast 10% damage, cause health is at 10%, I doubt its stronger than reptiles Noxious variation when it adds damage to combos. Not sure if bonus damage is carried over to the next round.

It's so minimal and passive no need to make a big deal

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
here are some interesting setups with teleports (they all are safe on block as you can see):

And here's armor setup (perfect timing btw :) ):

(in last one you can do Pursuit instead of armor, depends from situation)
For a more practical purpose, try doing F2 after a jump in and have the opponent do a D2. Also test projectile recovery. I'm thinking a MB Lake mist into F2 to punish zoning will be extremely good, especially if you can get the j2 in.

ill definitely take Relentless over Unstopable:
The "dammed " damage buff is a passive solid buff : jasons 111 string does 9%, after losing some health it does 10% .In the first round that 1% stays even with 5% health BUT in the second round that 1% turns into 6%.

first round 34% combo does 35%
Second round 34% combo does 40%

PLUS teleport into command gran just like SHAZAM in IGAU and Hes Teleport and both of hes command grabs have armor.

Jason doesn't really need meter to do damage in both non slasher variations. This gives Jason a HUGE advantage in unstoppable for obvious reasons. Also, Jason has combos that end with him being able to buff himself to do extra damage, just saying.

Also, that passive damage buff in relentless is nice but so is a second chance. Seriously, I will take the chance to land a BnB for 30+ percent over getting a measly 6 extra percent when I am almost dead. Combos in this game do 30%+ plus damage so you are not even guaranteed to survive long enough to take advantage of that 6% buff if your opponet scores a hit near its activation percentage.

I said earlier, lake mist is kinda meh, but it does have its uses vs opponents with a game-plan to zone you.

Once again, pursuit is a garbage move that does not have a legitimate use vs half of the cast if not more. So that only leaves lake mist and that still is not enough to sell this variant to me.

Opinions are opinions though...

Jason doesn't really need meter to do damage in both non slasher variations. This gives Jason a HUGE advantage in unstoppable for obvious reasons. Also, Jason has combos that end with him being able to buff himself to do extra damage, just saying.

Also, that passive damage buff in relentless is nice but so is a second chance. Seriously, I will take the chance to land a BnB for 30+ percent over getting a measly 6 extra percent when I am almost dead. Combos in this game do 30%+ plus damage so you are not even guaranteed to survive long enough to take advantage of that 6% buff if your opponet scores a hit near its activation percentage.

I said earlier, lake mist is kinda meh, but it does have its uses vs opponents with a game-plan to zone you.

Once again, pursuit is a garbage move that does not have a legitimate use vs half of the cast if not more. So that only leaves lake mist and that still is not enough to sell this variant to me.

Opinions are opinions though...
I just don't the fact that you can't control if u want to lose all your meter to get back to life, and then if you lose the round you go to the next round without meter it's stupid IMO. In relentless lake mist into MB command grabs works pretty good since people try to punish it and get stuffed. But the heal and damage buff in unstoppable are indeed better than "dammed".

That armor and panic are amazing. If your able to put those both on a hard knock down with a life lead. Say your prayers. Your about to see what your back looks like.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
The debate between Relentless and Unstoppable is a very interesting one. I ultimately plan on using both extensively, so I really want both to be as strong as possible. My initial impression has yet to change: I still think Rise + Punishment > Lake Mist + Pursuit + Killing Machine + Damned. However, both variations have a lot of potential and I'm really enjoying trying to go ham with both.

and the lose of the infinite armor setups won't change my mind neither.
His Amor set-ups are also "meh"

Yeah its nice on paper, but the fact that you cant just end combos with a throw or command throw to avoid that "hit me for half health depression pose" makes it 100% useless. All your opponent has to do after you properly set it up is one back-dash or one random act based on the set-up and it fucks up Jason being safe at the end. This allows them to punish him for = or more damage than he did to them.

Of Course the safer action is to just block or run.

Yeah its nice on paper, but the fact that you cant just end combos with a throw or command throw to avoid that "hit me for half health depression pose" makes it 100% useless. All your opponent has to do after you properly set it up is one back-dash or one random act based on the set-up and it fucks up Jason being safe at the end. This allows them to punish him for = or more damage than he did to them.

I disagree ending a combo with b12 dd4 is safe , Suberzo slide won't interrupt (8 frames) not even if he tech rools and slide. When the opponent only has 15%-20% health killing machine + teleport is garanteed win ,also if u end the combo with a x-ray or the oopnent breaks the kombo there is no cooldown.

E

Eldriken

Guys, help me level up so I can consistently do tick throws. >_<

Doin' this shit on pad is such a chore. Any tips? I have input shortcuts on, but not alternate controls.

E

Eldriken

what does the bottun log says when u try to input dbf?
I'd have to pay attention and look. Half the time I just don't get anything to come out after a b2/f2, whether it's on hit or block. I'm obviously not doing it fast enough. Rather, that's what I think the issue is.

I'd have to pay attention and look. Half the time I just don't get anything to come out after a b2/f2, whether it's on hit or block. I'm obviously not doing it fast enough. Rather, that's what I think the issue is.
I always have problems committing to the back and end up rolling it. When entering it try and do a mustle memory for you to use the tip of your thumb on the pad when ever you enter the input

I'm still trying to "git gud" too

Try inputting it after a B12 in a juggle combo. It's 100% safe. With a corner position all you can do is panic.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Guys, help me level up so I can consistently do tick throws. >_<

Doin' this shit on pad is such a chore. Any tips? I have input shortcuts on, but not alternate controls.
24 is the easiest, just treat that one like a typical hit confirm.

I'm not consistent with B2 yet, either. However, with F2 I tend to "roll" my thumb over the down, back, and forward as quickly as I possibly can after the F2. I think of it as one long input. I've gotten pretty good with it. I'm getting better with the B2 using the same tactic, but I need to practice a bit more.

Two that I recommend are d1, squeeze and d4, squeeze. Both are hella easy because you don't have to input the full commands: If you press d1, bf2 and d4, bf2 as quickly as you can, they both come out every single time. I find d4, bf2 extremely useful because his d4 has really nice range.

edit: It doesn't seem to make a difference for me, but I have input shortcuts and alternate controls both turned OFF.

E

Eldriken

24 is the easiest, just treat that one like a typical hit confirm.

I'm not consistent with B2 yet, either. However, with F2 I tend to "roll" my thumb over the down, back, and forward as quickly as I possibly can after the F2. I think of it as one long input. I've gotten pretty good with it. I'm getting better with the B2 using the same tactic, but I need to practice a bit more.

Two that I recommend are d1, squeeze and d4, squeeze. Both are hella easy because you don't have to input the full commands: If you press d1, bf2 and d4, bf2 as quickly as you can, they both come out every single time. I find d4, bf2 extremely useful because his d4 has really nice range.

edit: It doesn't seem to make a difference for me, but I have input shortcuts and alternate controls both turned OFF.
Thanks, dude. This seems like it will definitely help. :D

Try inputting it after a B12 in a juggle combo. It's 100% safe. With a corner position all you can do is panic.
I am not talking about setting it up. I am talking about ending a combo safely after it deactivates. Sure you can set it up easily, there are plenty of ways. But, using it right AFTER it activates is next to impossible. Maybe as the game evolves...who knows......

I am not talking about setting it up. I am talking about ending a combo safely after it deactivates. Sure you can set it up easily, there are plenty of ways. But, using it right AFTER it activates is next to impossible. Maybe as the game evolves...who knows......
The idea is to count down to 7 seconds in your head. Using what you can in that time frame that doesent require jump.

Like for example using ex moves I a waste of time when you be getting your free punish after combo can canceled buff. Because the animation is too long and leaves you open. But if you end it with a choke or a command grab it leaves you full screen and them in recovery.

D4G

Win At All Cost
So real talk guys, I think Slasher is lame as hell and I would like to see some Relentless/Unstoppable guys give me their honest opinion on how Jason fairs against most of the cast. Is there anything broken we can abuse yet, any strings you particularly like to use for pressure? Teleport mixups are they a thing? Am I the only idiot not playing Slasher?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So real talk guys, I think Slasher is lame as hell and I would like to see some Relentless/Unstoppable guys give me their honest opinion on how Jason fairs against most of the cast. Is there anything broken we can abuse yet, any strings you particularly like to use for pressure? Teleport mixups are they a thing? Am I the only idiot not playing Slasher?
Get used to using b122 :D All I gotta say. Nah it seems like Relentless is mostly tick grabs and b122 pressure with a bit of mind games with teleport, f44 and pursuit armor shenanigans from time to time. You can get in if you're quick with tele on reaction to their projectile animation if it's not super fast and if you really want to get in react and use ex tele. Pursuit off grabs when they're not a teleport or full screen special move character(like half the cast at this point lol). I think you just have to make your opponent scared to block or push buttons and when you do than it's command grab city. You have so many good armor options and great whiff punishing that you can make yourself pretty intimidating to pressure or approach. I wanna stick with this guy so hopefully we can find some dirty stuff eventually.