What's new

Tech - Relentless Relentless Tech and Strategy Discussion

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I edited the title and stickied the two other variation eske threads, and didn't see one for relentless. These threads will be a placeholder until we get the variation prefixes.

Discuss anything and everything in regards to Jason's "Relentless" Variation in this thread!

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
Relentless seems bad as he gets one move to show up behind you and not even hit you and another to reverse your controls which people will be used to in a month or so. He loses so much more possibility like healing himself a crap ton or more damage and better attacks.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Relentless seems bad as he gets one move to show up behind you and not even hit you and another to reverse your controls which people will be used to in a month or so. He loses so much more possibility like healing himself a crap ton or more damage and better attacks.
The heal is only 5% just FYI.

This is definitely the more utility based Jason variation. You still retain Killing Machine, and you get a teleport to stay close after your strings end (f44~teleport, f3~teleport.) I'm actually curious to see what kind of pursuit set ups people find. I'ma hit the lab later and find out myself.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
What does dd X (dark pursuit) do? the screen turns red but i cant tell if its doing anything.

Obamu

Noob
What does dd X (dark pursuit) do? the screen turns red but i cant tell if its doing anything.
Don't quote me on this, can't run, dash, jump, up and down are reversed, forward and back are you know, attacks are also swapped, maybe punches become kicks vice-versa, u can look at the combo list tho it has info

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
The heal is only 5% just FYI.

This is definitely the more utility based Jason variation. You still retain Killing Machine, and you get a teleport to stay close after your strings end (f44~teleport, f3~teleport.) I'm actually curious to see what kind of pursuit set ups people find. I'ma hit the lab later and find out myself.
Yeah the heal is also infinitely usable though you get a free heal (or damage boost) if you connect F44 (low decent range) I can honestly get back 25-30 a match

So I was playing online and just got the Spinal Tap brutality by ending the final round with Backbreaker while playing Relentless.
This brutality is supposed to only be for Unstoppable, and even ignoring that has the requirement of Jason being brought back to life in the second round, so it should be DOUBLY impossible to get in Relentless.

Anyone else get this?

Agilaz

It has begun
How in the name of FUCK are you supposed to use his slow-ass normals? Against inexperienced players it's always easy wins, but the second I face somebody half decent, everything I try gets stuffed.

What am I missing?

Scrotie79

Wannabe Pro Jobber
Correct me if I am wrong but can't you buffer specials during a lake mist/ex lake mist? Also from the little bit of time I have spent with him in the lab it feels like this variation has some potential... I just can't get past the feeling that this variation is kind of gimmicky.

@RelentlessOhio yes his sweep is all kinds of ridiculous. Lowers his hit box some, lunges forward a decent amount and if I am not mistaken is safe-ish. I personally use it to close distances quickly after a full screen launcher.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Correct me if I am wrong but can't you buffer specials during a lake mist/ex lake mist? Also from the little bit of time I have spent with him in the lab it feels like this variation has some potential... I just can't get past the feeling that this variation is kind of gimmicky.

@RelentlessOhio yes his sweep is all kinds of ridiculous. Lowers his hit box some, lunges forward a decent amount and if I am not mistaken is safe-ish. I personally use it to close distances quickly after a full screen launcher.
I'm still learning him in the lab, as well as practicing a bit with some friends, but he is solid.

His sweep for sure makes me want to use him in casuals online. I doubt I'll main him, but he's fun to use lol.

Next MK game they better put in Michael Myers. They already have Freddy and Jason.

Scrotie79

Wannabe Pro Jobber
I'm still learning him in the lab, as well as practicing a bit with some friends, but he is solid.

His sweep for sure makes me want to use him in casuals online. I doubt I'll main him, but he's fun to use lol.

Next MK game they better put in Michael Myers. They already have Freddy and Jason.
Jason is most definitely a solid character, I've been playing him more than my usual characters (Ermac, Reptile, Cassie) ever since his release so that says something about his 'fun factor', to me any ways.

Hmm well if the rumours I have been hearing are true (which they rarely are) MKX is supposedly the last MK game. Now I am extremely sceptical about this claim and I do want to see many more MK's after this one. If there are more MK games to come then I agree that they need to include other horror movie characters as guest characters. Myers would be cool, the clown from IT, Pinhead, ect. would all be great inclusions into the future MK rosters.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
Jason is most definitely a solid character, I've been playing him more than my usual characters (Ermac, Reptile, Cassie) ever since his release so that says something about his 'fun factor', to me any ways.

Hmm well if the rumours I have been hearing are true (which they rarely are) MKX is supposedly the last MK game. Now I am extremely sceptical about this claim and I do want to see many more MK's after this one. If there are more MK games to come then I agree that they need to include other horror movie characters as guest characters. Myers would be cool, the clown from IT, Pinhead, ect. would all be great inclusions into the future MK rosters.
Well it'd just be a huge change going from Kung Lao to Jason. KL is just unforgiving mobility-wise, while Jason is slower but hits like a damn train.

Scrotie79

Wannabe Pro Jobber
Well it'd just be a huge change going from Kung Lao to Jason. KL is just unforgiving mobility-wise, while Jason is slower but hits like a damn train.
Yeah that is quite the change in play styles. I'm not a super competitive player so going from one character to another is pretty easy for me. In fact even back in my tournament days (90's arcade tournaments mind you) I rarely stuck to one character. That is probably why I only ever placed 4th or 5th out of 30-60 players.

Yeah the heal is also infinitely usable though you get a free heal (or damage boost) if you connect F44 (low decent range) I can honestly get back 25-30 a match
This. Jasons heal doesn't do much but, ending a BNB with heal every time negatives all chip damage essentially. Also, if you activate heal right before dying Jason gets 5% plus whatever he gets from the revival.

Pursuit is incredibly horrible as most the cast can interrupt it because it takes an ungodly amount of time to activate. Mist is ok...but considering jasons combos more often then not put them in the corner, there is not reason to cancel into lake mist after a combo.

Agilaz

It has begun
This. Jasons heal doesn't do much but, ending a BNB with heal every time negatives all chip damage essentially. Also, if you activate heal right before dying Jason gets 5% plus whatever he gets from the revival.

Pursuit is incredibly horrible as most the cast can interrupt it because it takes an ungodly amount of time to activate. Mist is ok...but considering jasons combos more often then not put them in the corner, there is not reason to cancel into lake mist after a combo.
I agree, Pursuit is extremely situational and people can just mash things to hit you out of it. Considering many of Jason's normal are very slow, but safe, (b2 is unsafe IIRC, but F2 is -3 on block), the problem is that most of the things you'll try will just get stuffed.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
here are some interesting setups with teleports (they all are safe on block as you can see):

And here's armor setup (perfect timing btw :) ):

(in last one you can do Pursuit instead of armor, depends from situation)

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Sorry if this has been posted, but in Relentless and Unstoppable his b2 will link into dbf2 on hit or block. So it's an absolute tick-throw setup. A really easy way to do it is to press b2db, and then press f2 a bit later.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Did anyone notice the passive Relentless Jason has? Deals more damage when health is lower, I'm pretty sure.