What's new

Relaxed's Cyborg MU Chart

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I did, I had a super close set with @Noobe in pools. It was pretty hype. He won 2-1, but I had it won when I dashed his supernova and instead of a b3-b3 for the win, I got a d3 :X

Doomsday win 6-4 (might be 5-5 on larger stages), but I knew he wouldn't have the MU exp
How is this MU supposed to be played out? I just end up getting mauled when I play good DDs

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
How is this MU supposed to be played out? I just end up getting mauled when I play good DDs
In our sets, I felt the struggle when you were doing mostly ianb and a few grounded, and then grapple away. I felt like you weren't challenging blocked venom at all, you were just sitting there blocking instead of establishing a meta game, which is probably the biggest thing when fighting doomsday imo. When he get's meter, you can't reliably stop him from getting in your face; you just have to make the right reads when he does. In the corner, I know it's tricky but you could try a just-frame grapple after a blocked earth shake, although that is just a theory and I'm not sure if it works. Maybe relaxedstate would know more.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
In our sets, I felt the struggle when you were doing mostly ianb and a few grounded, and then grapple away. I felt like you weren't challenging blocked venom at all, you were just sitting there blocking instead of establishing a meta game, which is probably the biggest thing when fighting doomsday imo. When he get's meter, you can't reliably stop him from getting in your face; you just have to make the right reads when he does. In the corner, I know it's tricky but you could try a just-frame grapple after a blocked earth shake, although that is just a theory and I'm not sure if it works. Maybe relaxedstate would know more.
Thats true, maybe I should try saving meter for pushblock so I can maybe set something up

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Start with lots of iafbs. When he respects your ability to do them, then lots of groundfireballs, mixed with sporadic iafbs (good at catching dashing). Iafb recovers that you can react dash/mbb3 supernova. Likewsie you can charge groundfireball then dash away if he tries to supernova. You can also use trait (MBb3 cancel) to bait a venom. If the DD is respecting your zoning a lot, then start putting up TA medium and close. IF you combine with a ground fireball, or a well timed block, then they will launch for a free b3 combo. YOu just need to be smart about your usage of ground fireball, IAfb, and Target Aquired. Adjust accordingly and you will frustrate the hell out of DD, making him supernova or dash unneccarily. Just be careful in the neutral range where he can instant MB venom to go through your zoning. IF you make this read then you can get a free MBb3 punish for 40% and TA/fireball setup. Make the DD think you are trigger happy, but really not (especially in the neutral) then punish him accordingly.

Don't use d1 to catch his dash in as they will wiff on his approach. Instead punish dash with 2xxSD (although not a real hitstrng :X).

IF you have meter, kill his trait with repeated IANB (MB) --> This deals so much damage and + frames. IF you lack meter then just d1xxgrapple away, and keep (intelligent) grappling away (using delayed novablast or interactable to avoid getting anti aired).

Grapple is the most important skill to master. You can avoid (and even corner reversal) much of his attacks with well timed (sometime just frame grapple). For example, DDs 22 string can be linked into a number of moves (command throw, ES, or normal). If you time your grapple you will avoid all options (even reverse wiff punishing some in the corner!) There are few strings that Cyborg can't escape with his grapple in the MU, so master this and you will become very slippery. Mastery of grapple in all contexts (Wakeup, corner, neutral, trait avoidance) is so very important. This comes with time, practice, and labbing.

On wakeup Cyborg has a fully invincible (but punishable) single hitting attack. Do not be afraid to use this, especially in the corner. IT posses the quality to hit behind cyborg, so even if DD reverses your wakeup, it will still hit (Thus he can never really wiff punish, just block punish). When he respects your wakeup, you can get up and grapple away much easier (since they delay their onslaught for a moment). Practice doing 'wake up' grapples;. Not a true wakeup, but it option selects as the input is down-up/back. Thus the first frame of 'waking up' you block low, then the next few frames the command comes out and you get grapple armor, thus safely avoiding any d1 pressure, or delayed ES pressure from the DD on your wakeup. Perfectly timed ES will hit you out...but then you just start waking up with PF again.

Also add in some random forward dash-iafbs or forward dash-MBF3, or forward dash-112. This throws off the opponets approach timing and show them that occasionally you will/can go in. Cyborgs forward dash has phenomenal recovery, and making any player respect that, only inhibits their approach movement even more (since they now how to be careful about you going in). This makes zoning even easier since they must now worry about a random forward dash.