What's new

Reinstalled MKX

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I had fun refining my corner ass blasting with Sub, some of the most satisfaction I've got out of a video game ever was using my own ideas, the typical SZ flowchart, and seeing what other SZ players were doing.

I even got a sick satisfaction out of fighting pre patch Alien with SZ. Alien murdered him everywhere, except if you managed to corner him, Alien's weird hurt box made it borderline impossible for him to escape. Even though it was probably like a 7-3 or something god awful, Tweedy absolutely spanked Brady who was probably the best Sub in the Alien MU, people on ranked weren't Tweedy so it was fun to see people get so tilted over a MU they dominate and know they dominate.

I remember so much complaining during MKX as well. It's tough to make everyone happy. I think Netherrealms are the current top dog in fighting games, my personal opinion. Don't like the direction Capcom has headed in, the Guilty Gear series is beautiful and I think you could make the art-house vs. big blockbuster comparison in that if you're a true fighting game fan you like that series or older fighting games. So many people make decisions at NRS, and it's impossible to get everyone to agree on what should make the cut and what shouldn't.

Same goes with players opinion about anything. I know some people hate the introduction of the FB, I freakin' love it (most of the time). If the games were disasters, they wouldn't sell the amount of copies they do and I think the success of the story expansion gives the developers even more credit because you basically know what you're getting even before buying it (although I am sure someone will bring up a counter argument to that).

I like MKX and miss some of its characters, but personally I've enjoyed MK11 way more. Really looking forward to whenever they announce the next Injustice.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
MKX IS TRASH!!! NO ZONING!!! NO NEUTRAL!!! JUST RUN IN AND MIX UNTILL GG.

/s

No one is ever happy.

I remember so much complaining during MKX as well. It's tough to make everyone happy.
This right here. It's like NRS addressed MKX criticism in MK11...and players responded by saying "So..... we actually want MKX." I also remember how people complained that NRS do too many game play patches and listen to fans too much. Now the same fans are complaining the game doesn't get patched enough and NRS isnt being communicative...blah

Error404

Noob
Say what you will about MKX . I've been maining JC in that game since launch. I found a good combo route, I didn't know about , last week. 5 years after launch. And, keep in mind , I was in highschool and had time to play/ watch religiously.

I only have about 4-5 hours a week to devote to this game . I haven't seen anything new since V3s came out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm about to install as well, going to cover it again, i was never against fast overheads, it was just controller response that it's the gripe of the game something they adessed in MK11

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Say what you will about MKX . I've been maining JC in that game since launch. I found a good combo route, I didn't know about , last week. 5 years after launch. And, keep in mind , I was in highschool and had time to play/ watch religiously.

I only have about 4-5 hours a week to devote to this game . I haven't seen anything new since V3s came out.
MK 11's gameplay is too fucking dull.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

Good luck finding a new anything in MK11. I love MKX and was never one of the people bitching about it. I had fun day 1 and still have fun playing it to this day.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw

Same, i just found out a new optimal for Ermac like 2 weeks ago that i never even dreamed about doing that while the game was alive

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah i never said i hated mkx as a game. Just hated some of the balance. Was always hype and full of lab depth that was actually interesting

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

Right! 5 years later and I just found a new route for Kitana. Kinda baffles me that I never thought about it until recently.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Same, i just found out a new optimal for Ermac like 2 weeks ago that i never even dreamed about doing that while the game was alive
You mind sharing your combo? I would sit in practice mode for hours trying new combos trying to max out damage. So much fun. It baffles me that NRS would completely remove that aspect of the game. You can find optimals in MK11 in about 5 minutes and they will never change.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Could I trouble you to share?

It also has Mileena.
112/f112 fan, run cancel f43x2, 21 lift, jk fan, run f33 ender.

In RS, if you end with ass, it’s 37%. In assassin, if you end with assassin strike, it’s 38%. F33 assassin strike is very strict to land tho so you can do f4 assassin strike instead.
Most damaging midscreen meterless bnb I’ve found for her yet (not including sharpen)

This also works with any anti air you do if you confirm into fan toss. So like AA S1 fan then continue