What's new

Update (REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE) Kombat Cup Season 2 Updates

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
UPDATE: KOMBAT CUP REGISTRATION IS NOW AVAILABLE! VISIT HERE TO SIGN UP!

Hello, TYM. JagoBlake here.

Before anything else, the Stream.Me team sends out their gratitude to everyone who has embraced the Kombat Cup Circuit since the days of Season 1. In light of the October balance patch, we'd noted a resurgence in MKXL competition (SoCal Regionals is a strong example of this), and so we were confident that an introduction of the Kombat Cup would garner interest.

We got way more than we bargained for, and we enjoyed every bit of it! So it was only natural that a Season 2 would be planned out. This second season is made solely for you, the players who love the Mortal Kombat franchise for what it brings to all gamers regardless of their status.

So as you prepare for this new season, I'll let you in on some updates you'll want to be aware of.

KC Season 2 Post.png

Firstly, we thank Echo and cR Mindset for taking time out of their schedules to assist with the circuit as casters for Kombat Cup and Konquest every week. Sadly, they will not be making a return to cast Season 2. We wish them well with wherever they go in life, whether it is to do with the FGC or with other aspects of life.

However, longtime followers of the NRS scene will be pleased to know about the new additions to our team of casters. @Mr Aquaman will be joined by @Big D every Sunday to cast the Kombat Cup preliminaries. For the Wednesday finals, @Kitana Prime will pay a visit to share in the Top 8 hype.

As for Konquest, GTG Doughboy will be joined by the co-founder of Team Vertex, VX Saga.

Another detail to be aware of is the age restriction. For Season 1, players had to be at least seventeen years old to be eligible for participation. We have slightly lessened that restriction for Season 2, meaning that players now only need to be at least sixteen to join in on the fun!

Kombat Cup's second season will commence this Sunday, February 12th. You'll want to be aware of our schedule so as to plan your participation accordingly, so here it is.

KC-Season-2.jpg

Like before, the Kombat Cup is only open to residents of Canada and the USA. It will be held on the Playstation 4 console, in accordance with NRS tournament standards. The broadcast page is also the same as before, so make sure you are following this link: https://www.stream.me/kombatcup

To get a refresher course on the events that transpired in Season 1, you can check out and subscribe to Stream.Me's YouTube page. A quick shout-out to @SonicFox5000 for becoming our Season 1 champion!

To learn more about the Kombat Cup, please check out these articles from our official blog.

Welcome to Kombat Cup Season 2
Updates for Kombat Cup Season 2

Last edited:
a polite way to get rid of the "Not so good" commentators. mindset was a nice guy though. on echo i have no opinion.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
KP joining the Finals Cast with Aquaman? Sorry Echo I respect you and you did such a great job... .. . . . but damn son... Kombat Kup just got EPIC!!!

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
a polite way to get rid of the "Not so good" commentators. mindset was a nice guy though. on echo i have no opinion.
I don't think Echo got booted. I think he quit so he could play/run his tournament/do whatever. He already signed up for week 1.

But yeah KP getting to do Wednesdays is epic.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Man you NA guys are so lucky to have something like this right now

It's a pity I'm from EU

But hey!!! You guys hear of this new sick Cage player who plans on entering... I forget his name... something like BomTrady... he's from the furthest end of the NA... so that explains his distant ping.

In anyway I'll just sit back and enjoy

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
...because there's no way people can simply choose to leave a role due to either outside affairs or lack of interest. No, let's just assume they got fired without any explanation.

In any case, I can't speak for Echo or Mindset about their removal. You'll have to ask them yourself.

It's a pity I'm from EU

But hey!!! You guys hear of this new sick Cage player who plans on entering... I forget his name... something like BomTrady... he's from the furthest end of the NA... so that explains his distant ping.

Discussions regarding non-USA events have happened. We've partnered with the Dutch Brawlers to host a Stream.Me league for the European KI players, and that is just a taste of what is to come.

None of you are being ignored. Of this, I assure you.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Gonna miss Echo on commentary. I look forward to the new cast though!

Also, here's hoping I do better this time. At least no more 3 0s.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
...because there's no way people can simply choose to leave a role due to either outside affairs or lack of interest. No, let's just assume they got fired without any explanation.

In any case, I can't speak for Echo or Mindset about their removal. You'll have to ask them yourself.

Discussions regarding non-USA events have happened. We've partnered with the Dutch Brawlers to host a Stream.Me league for the European KI players, and that is just a taste of what is to come.

None of you are being ignored. Of this, I assure you.
Don't tease me like this Blake

I never make it pass foreplay unfortunately :(

Tweedy

Noob

It's a pity I'm from EU

Foxy beat Dragon, Yung, Semiiij, but he didn't make top 8 in the actual kombat cup that week for a reason.

I will regulate you, as I did Foxy. Kenshi does not like international perpetrators.