What's new

The Kombat Cup presented by Stream.me begins Sunday at 6pm est - over $10,000 prize pool

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Announcing The Kombat Cup, Powered By StreamMe

Registration is now live at smash.gg/kombatcupw1 !!!

SCHEDULE! -

Sunday 6pm est - Brackets through to top 8 (matches will be pulled and streamed at stream.me/kombatcup)

Wednesday 8pm est - Top 8 on stream.me.kombatcup

Thursday 9pm est - Announcing Konquest, a second chance for everyone who did not make top 8 in sundays performance, top placers will recieve additional points for the week. More details to come!

EVEN MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS ON DECK!

We’re halfway through October, which means it’s time to sit down and talk about one of the coolest things that’s going to happen this year here at StreamMe: the Kombat Cup.

Slated to kick off on Playstation 4 in North America, October 23rd, the StreamMe Kombat Cup will run until January 29th with scheduled holiday breaks (So you don’t have to explain to mom that you can’t carve the turkey because you’re too busy ripping some spines out). Free registration will begin this Sunday, October 16th, and events will begin every week with registration for qualifier bracket play that will take place that upcoming Sunday. Registration will be limited to 17+ years of age & will be hosted with brackets by Smash.gg , which the StreamMe twitter & broadcast page will release weekly. Those who place in the top eight on every Sunday will qualify for the weekly finals the following Wednesday.

The full schedule is as follows:

Each week, $450 USD, and 250 league points will be broken down between the top sixteen contenders, for a grand total of $10,000 in prize money to be distributed throughout the entire season, as listed below:Matches from both Sunday and Wednesday will be streamed to the official Kombat Cup StreamMe channel. Mr. Aquaman and Echo will both be guests on the stream as they cast the entire season.

Place Prize Money Awarded Points

1st $250 + 75 points
2nd $100 + 50 points
3rd-4th $50 + 25 points
5th-8th – 10 points
9th-16th – 5 points

Console - Playstation 4

While the season finale prizes have yet to be fully determined for second and third place, we know that whoever placed first place overall will be awarded an all expenses paid package to EVO 2017. Those who place top eight by the Season Finale will receive a free copy of Injustice 2.

For the full rules breakdown of rules and the season format, check out the official Kombat Cup StreamMe channel for additional details. Be sure to follow and favorite StreamMe on Twitter to keep yourself updated for any future announcements!

https://www.stream.me/kombatcup
http://streammeblog.com/kombat-cup/
Rules: http://streammeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/KombatRules.jpg

Promoted by Youphemism

Last edited:

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you want to see what Stream.me is about I am live streaming right now at stream.me/MrAquaman

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Holy Balls!!!

Wow, this is so awesome!! Amazing stuff to everyone involved.

Jynks

Just went to the stream but it was offline : (

• Dose this service have a "past broadcast" section? So we can view the games after the fact?
  • Will there be pro/semipro casting?
  • If there is no past broadcasts is there a YouTube chan we can go to?

Just went to the stream but it was offline : (

• Dose this service have a "past broadcast" section? So we can view the games after the fact?
  • Will there be pro/semipro casting?
  • If there is no past broadcasts is there a YouTube chan we can go to?
1. There is a "Past Braodcast/Archive" section on the streamers channel
2. @Mr Aquaman and I will be the official casters for all streamed matches
3. In the works

Ill join this, even though people who have potato Internet will too. This is awesome. Also, if you're underage and play me and i know, prepare to gtab. Not doing that crap this time around.
Believe me, any connection issues will be handled PROMPTLY and professionally. The staff is gonna be in our ear so we have them able to be quick in dealing with that.

Jynks

Very cool. I have been saying that with ESL4 off the tracks, MKx really needs some kind of pro Online League to guarantee life for the game among the competitive types. With something like this going on there is a reason for randoms to put in the work and get gud. I get really depressed how much of the NRS community basically moves on as soon as Injustice was announced.

I really hope this works out and is the 1st of many seasons!

Just a small note....

I am new to Stream.ME but I hope this is not indicitive of the final stream. ... I mean that quality is unacceptable!! This is from the @Mr Aquaman channel's archives. Maybe the archives are like YouTube and need to be processed a little before they look right.. but this looks BAD.

Also I could not find any place to adjust the stream quality.

On twitch I almost always have ti set to Source or HIgh.. but this looks rank!!

If this can be fixed, this even is up their with the best news ever for MKx 2016. If it can not be fixed, what a let down!

Very cool. I have been saying that with ESL4 off the tracks, MKx really needs some kind of pro Online League to guarantee life for the game among the competitive types. With something like this going on there is a reason for randoms to put in the work and get gud. I get really depressed how much of the NRS community basically moves on as soon as Injustice was announced.

Just a small note....

I am new to Stream.ME but I hope this is not indicitive of the final stream. ... I mean that quality is unacceptable!! This is from the @Mr Aquaman channel's archives. Maybe the archives are like YouTube and need to be processed a little before they look right.. but this looks BAD.

If this can be fixed, this even is up their with the wait news ever for MKx 2016. If it can not be fixed, what a let down!
Idk if @Mr Aquaman was having any network issues the day he streamed Overwatch, but I know I've been in attendance (watching and playing) in his koth streams for MKXL. Aside from the first day when we were figuring things out, the quality is perfect. I'd go back and watch his MKXL streams to see if the reason the quality was bad was due to that one stream or if it's a connection issue on your end.

I'll find out if there's a quality setting. I know there is when the stream is live, but idk about VOD.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter

Just a small note....

If this can be fixed, this even is up their with the best news ever for MKx 2016. If it can not be fixed, what a let down!
I just watched my past broadcast and it was gorgeous

edit: including that one

may be on your end