What's new

Reforming the Red Dragon

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
This faction consists of... Daegon, Mavado and Hsu Hao? That's it?

Given that the Black Dragon has many (former) members like Kabal, Kano, Kobra, Kira, Tremor, Erron Black, Jarek and Tasia, I think the parent organization Red Dragon should be revamped. There should be a war between the new Red Dragon members and the many Black Dragon members in the MK12 story.

My idea is this: Rain and Taven join Daegon as the Red Dragon leaders - this would also be a reunion between the three sons of Argus. Tanya joins the faction as Rain's wife. Mavado and Hsu Hao are their lackeys. The seventh member can be a returning Shujinko. Nitara can also join as the 2nd female in the group after Tanya.

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
That's why it should be revamped, since the Red Dragon is the Black Dragon's parent organization and the Black Dragon is one of the 5 factions featured in MKX. Rain and Tanya leading this faction may work.

Art Lean

Noob
That's why it should be revamped, since the Red Dragon is the Black Dragon's parent organization and the Black Dragon is one of the 5 factions featured in MKX. Rain and Tanya leading this faction may work.
I appreciate your enthusiasm and given the makeovers they're capable of doing nowadays, I'm sure that literally anything they came up with would be an improvement, but they were just SO lame that I personally don't feel it's worth the effort. Everything about them felt lazy "Oh we've got the same name, but with RED in front... oh and we're the parent organisation, even though you've never heard of us before, ever. And our logo is from Jarek's Black Dragon jacket in MK4, and our leader has a dragon tattoo on the side of his face like the Black Dragon guys in MK Conquest. And let's not forget we've got a Katana meme and a stripping bus conductor in our three man ranks. All fear the Red Dragon!!!"

I also liked the Black Dragon simply being an international terrorist organisation, gave the original tournament some much needed variety in respect of earth warriors and grounded Sonya's story a lot more, away from everything being mystical (therefore both Earth's heroes and villains get drawn into a larger world they never knew existed). Thought it was totally at odds with their history once they said they actually stemmed from the Red Dragon who are an ancient mystical cult led by a half-god from Edenia.

Last edited:

Corrupted Shinnok

Final Boss
I understand your point, they really were lazy about Daegon, Mavado and Hsu Hao. Given the fact that the Red Dragon name originated from Caro, the red guardian dragon of Edenia, and also the fact that their objective was to elevate Daegon to godhood, this faction should've been treated better from the beginning. It's a shame that Daegon and Taven look so bland and generic, while Mavado and Hsu Hao are just jobbers. I was surprised that they even appeared in the MKX comic series.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm glad this thread exists because I was giving this some thought, and I had an idea:

Sektor.

Team up Daegon and Sektor, both of whom are heavily rumored to be coming soon.
Combine the Tekunin and the Red Dragon.

Why not?
Both factions have been treated like jobbers throughout the new timeline. Teaming them up would kill two birds with one stone (and open the possibility for Caro the Red Dragon being cybernetically enhanced, which would look super crazy) and give both sides a brand new spin.

Cicada 5

Noob
This faction consists of... Daegon, Mavado and Hsu Hao? That's it?

Given that the Black Dragon has many (former) members like Kabal, Kano, Kobra, Kira, Tremor, Erron Black, Jarek and Tasia, I think the parent organization Red Dragon should be revamped. There should be a war between the new Red Dragon members and the many Black Dragon members in the MK12 story.

My idea is this: Rain and Taven join Daegon as the Red Dragon leaders - this would also be a reunion between the three sons of Argus. Tanya joins the faction as Rain's wife. Mavado and Hsu Hao are their lackeys. The seventh member can be a returning Shujinko. Nitara can also join as the 2nd female in the group after Tanya.
Why would Taven join them? Rain, I could see if he thought he could use them to improve his station but Taven is unambiguously a hero.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
I'm always down for them revamping and expanding elements of MK lore.

Really excited to see what they do with the Chaosrealm and Orderrealm, and I think that there's certainly potential with the Red Dragon. Sure, they were underutilised previously and were a bit shitty, but I trust modern NRS.

I also like the Tekunin + Red Dragon idea that somebody waved about earlier. The Tekunin were barely explored, would be good to get some exposure for them too.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Why would Taven join them? Rain, I could see if he thought he could use them to improve his station but Taven is unambiguously a hero.
That punk looks like 2002 Ben Affleck. Ben Affleck is an irredeemable gambling addict, cheat and drunk. Just following this logical analysis, Taven would totally screw the pooch and join the Red Dragon if it meant chips, hooch, slots, slits and sluts

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Red Dragon was created by daegon tho, which is a god in his own right, though his goals are pretty lame.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
The Red Dragon should have new characters.

Mavado has the DUMBEST name ever and I don't want him to return.
Hsu Hao is trash and NRS hates him, so he's not coming back.

Daegon has potential to be cool. But I wouldn't like characters like Rain, Tanya or Sektor joining the Red Dragon.

We know Kano is going to be back in MK12 so there's no way they replace him with a Red Dragon character. But it'd be interesting to have at least one storyline centered around the Red Dragon so they could bring Daegon back and feature new characters for this faction.