What's new

Reducing LAG XBOX LIVE 360 & Suggestions

If you connect directly to your cable/DSL modem, you won't run into any local NAT/PAT problems, but if your ISP blocks ports needed by Xbox Live, there's nothing you can do other than find an ISP that doesn't block them and switch to them.

The chances that an ISP will block Xbox Live ports are extremely extremely slim.
So my connection is perfect, unless someone has abad connection with a router?

And i remember playing some guy in england with a modem. It was perfect.

can you enabling DMZ for multiple consoles?
Depends on the router's firmware and the features it has. Your best bet is to port forward for each console, but it will only be effective for one console at a time. Since you can't manually change what ports Xbox Live uses on the 360, only one of the consoles will be "open" to the internet at a time if they are both signed in to Xbox Live at the same time.

Tim Static

Adminerator
best bet are too reset your modem and plug cable into which ever one your gonna use.

its not the lazy way, but best way to have less lag.

i connected my 360 to my laptop because my 360 is in my room and my router is downstairs in the lounge but i still get lag when no one else is using the internet.

Depends on the router's firmware and the features it has. Your best bet is to port forward for each console, but it will only be effective for one console at a time. Since you can't manually change what ports Xbox Live uses on the 360, only one of the consoles will be "open" to the internet at a time if they are both signed in to Xbox Live at the same time.
Stu,
I was reading your ports that need forwarding

you said 3074, 88

So 3074-3088

Or 3074-3075 and 88-89?

i suck at networking.