What's new

Red Hood Matchup Discussion

VTEC

Noob
My Redhood vs Flash punish the runnin man stance with b13 ( if in range) or df3 mb. Flash d12 over head slam can be parried after d12. Smart zoning! If you throw a mine or ninja stars and are able to anticipate flash to do mb roll jus do df3 mb, he will either block or be punish for rollin in.

Vs cheeta usually a j1 beats cheeta lunge on a quick read or df3 mb on pounce stance. Read the wake up and go d2. Parry on wake up or db3 mb! A lot of cheeta like to do the mb fwd 3 on knock down. Standing 2,2 into trait string after blocking the lunge beats her d1

Vs Starfire if you read the punch into overhead kick u can parry the overhead. J1 against her jump in or use Up ninja stars. Time your df3 mb in between her zoning. Smartly trade off with ninja stars or mine against her trait. If you knock her down and your at a distance use ninja star to punish her head butt mb wake up if she doesn't wake up with that option throw a mine. Up close on knockdown, if your read her wake up twirl green light show from a block jus d2. If she opts for head butt mb d1 mash into trait after block. Ur goal is to move in while zoning because she out zones redhood so put her in the corner and keep a mid range distance against her.

My some of my tools for those mu's but you also have to rely on redhood mix ups on all his mu's rather jus zoning mines and ninja stars and pressure like for an example f23 low mine j3 cross up into 3,2 trait string into mb grab into b2 low mine j3 cross up into 3,2 trait and hard knock down or f23 low mine mb b3 into j3 into f2 into 112 low mine. If they catch on into j3 after low mine and jump on your j3 jus do j1 into trait or if they d1 a lot after low mine jus mb the low mine to check them. Lastly you can f23 low mine then b3 low into b1 low mine into j3 into 3,2 trait etc... keep them guessing!

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
I'd like to know too!
When RH first came out Sonicfox allegedly said he 'bodies batman' which I think was exaggerated on purpose but still... I'd like to know why he would say that. I play neither character but I know both their strengths and would consider the mu pretty balanced. Bats giving characters a hard time once the bats are out is not really that big of a deal in this mu specifically imo, more than half the cast gets problems once those things are out.

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
I'd like to know too!
When RH first came out Sonicfox allegedly said he 'bodies batman' which I think was exaggerated on purpose but still... I'd like to know why he would say that. I play neither character but I know both their strengths and would consider the mu pretty balanced. Bats giving characters a hard time once the bats are out is not really that big of a deal in this mu specifically imo, more than half the cast gets problems once those things are out.
RH wins the full screen battle, mostly because his mb db3 can check batarangs, which opens up more options. +1 RH

RH has a much better neutral, unless BM has bats out. +1 RH

Up close, these characters have comparable pressure. +0 tie

Redhood also has a nice range of anti-airs to contest BM's jump 2

I don't think it's a lopsided matchup, but would put it 6 - 4 in redhoods favor:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Can we compile Red Hood’s worst matchups?For me Aquaman, Harley, Deadshot and Wonder Woman destroy him.
Aquaman goes even in zoning and will win trades unelss you have mine out.
Wonder Woman does not have to give a fuck about your mines from most ranges and out damages us.
Deadshot.....
Harley canjump and do all the air guns she can want, until we read it by air gotham stars.In which case she can just spam straight pistol shots.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Harley doesn't seem like a bad matchup at all imo. her zoning is pesky but yours does more damage all you have to do is get a mine on her once then she's playing your game with mines anti air stars and air guns. Or you can go in and you win the footsie game. If you're not comfortable with his zoning I would say get her to respect a mine then go in or mb lunge on a read then rush her down.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Can we compile Red Hood’s worst matchups?For me Aquaman, Harley, Deadshot and Wonder Woman destroy him.
Aquaman goes even in zoning and will win trades unelss you have mine out.
Wonder Woman does not have to give a fuck about your mines from most ranges and out damages us.
Deadshot.....
Harley canjump and do all the air guns she can want, until we read it by air gotham stars.In which case she can just spam straight pistol shots.
Red Hood, without a doubt, has the following characters as a bad mu

Deadshot, CW, GA, Supergirl

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman

How does Red Hood counter zone in match ups where the opponent throws faster projectiles than ours?Do we go for gotham stars trade?Do we fatal drop mb on read?Or pester them with air akimbo blaze?Throwing a mine seems illogical since we’ll be hit anyways and then they can backdash out of it...

Crusty

They say that SG is 5-5 but where does Supergirl even have to respect us in neutral?
Maybe prepatch it was. But not only has Supergirl gotten damage red hood can only dream of having. But many people seem to forget Supergirl has a low hitting d1 and has a female hitbox. Both which red hood struggles with in certain mus. Her d1 goes under his and she low profiles his mids without much thought . Red hood may have lunge but without meter it’s unsafe and in the offchance he does not have meter, his options up close are limited due to the aforementioned reasons.

I personally zone more in this mu but I have to play slow and steady with a sense of urgency because I have to respect the teleport.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Maybe prepatch it was. But not only has Supergirl gotten damage red hood can only dream of having. But many people seem to forget Supergirl has a low hitting d1 and has a female hitbox. Both which red hood struggles with in certain mus. Her d1 goes under his and she low profiles his mids without much thought . Red hood may have lunge but without meter it’s unsafe and in the offchance he does not have meter, his options up close are limited due to the aforementioned reasons.

I personally zone more in this mu but I have to play slow and steady with a sense of urgency because I have to respect the teleport.
Yeah, that mu is just so annoying.Do you have counterzoning tips for other match-ups?

Crusty

How does Red Hood counter zone in match ups where the opponent throws faster projectiles than ours?Do we go for gotham stars trade?Do we fatal drop mb on read?Or pester them with air akimbo blaze?Throwing a mine seems illogical since we’ll be hit anyways and then they can backdash out of it...
His general gameplan is get his landmine out whenever you can and learn to be precise with your position with it. His mines do more damage than almost any other projectile in the game and it knocks down so trading hits isn't ideal for the opponent. Depending on your opponent's mindset, you can: throw some stars, walk up b2 or f23, lunge etc

The whole idea is nobody wants to hold a mine so they'll either block, or try to avoid it. If they're avoiding it, they aren't throwing shit at you and you can use their method of escape to your advantage and exploit it.

From my experience, a lot of normals can stuff his wakeups if you read the wakeup. Forward lunge has zero invincibility and backwards lunge is only semi-invincible. Stuff like Catwoman's B2 snags me out of a backwards lunge on wakeup every time.
thats not really how wakeups work. If youre getting hit by catwomans b2 on your wakeup then either she is doing a very late b2 which you could have interrupted or you just arent timing your own wakuep.

Fred Marvel

I think his worst matchup is darkseid or deadshot

add darkseid and cyborg. Catwoman post patch I'm not sure is bad, prepatch was for sure tho. And what makes GA bad? I know he zones better but he does less damage and is mines work well against him

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Its true certain normals catch red hood out of his backwards lunge wake up. I still dont know whats up with it. its like he doesnt have a legit wake up midscreen or in the corner

Fred Marvel

Its true certain normals catch red hood out of his backwards lunge wake up. I still dont know whats up with it. its like he doesnt have a legit wake up midscreen or in the corner
Just back lunge and spend the bar, you can still be hit in the corner sometimes but it's safer and way more effective to use the bar

add darkseid and cyborg. Catwoman post patch I'm not sure is bad, prepatch was for sure tho. And what makes GA bad? I know he zones better but he does less damage and is mines work well against him
I'm curious as to why you think the darkseid mu is so bad

Fred Marvel

I'm curious as to why you think the darkseid mu is so bad
Darkseid can run away from you freely and zone you out and you can st punished for trying to dive in. Red hood doesn't have the fastest d2 either so you have to be on point to punish all his teleports, not to mention he's just a dumb character no one should have a fast air low that can be instant air and his j3 hitbox is stupid and he has a grounded overhead. It's a lot of shit. If anyone knows how red hood should fight him feel free to educate me but darkseid is broken

Crusty

So I’ll take the time to diligently respond.

I cannot comment on darkseid, mainly because my experience against him is very limited. I dunno any good darkseids.

I personally believe cyborg doesn’t beat red hood. However, I’m gonna have to consult my training partner on that and see what’s up.

Catwoman stills gives him the problem she gave him prepatch. Her b3 can even low profile his d1. She still gets out of his pressure easier than others as a result of that. You can argue that the mu is 5-5 and that the mu is more tolerable. However, considering my absolute disdain for low profiling, I’m less inclined to believe anyone on that mu. Yes, she has to play his knockdown game just like everybody else but I don’t judge mus solely based off of who I can abuse on knockdown.

Green Arrow isn’t a 3-7 or anything but he definitely screws you over if you have high projectiles. While Green Arrow’s zoning does less damage but it’s hard to zone him since he doesn’t have to respect out zoning. Arrow has better meterless and one-bar damage than red hood has both midscreen and corner. I play both characters to know that much but I’m open to suggestions on this mu regardless.