What's new

Red Hood General Tech Discussion

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
How do you power up a character to 20? Sorry still Noob.
Go into options and set match time to 300 and life bars to 1 and 1 -round (so you both start on red health, making matches extremely short, but you get a big time bonus).

If you have a 2nd controller, just go into 1v1 against an empty opponent and get perfect after perfect (make sure Comp mode is OFF, you want gear and levels to affect your damage for faster wins.

If you don't have a 2nd controller, fight a level 1 AI on Very Easy and use as many unclashable moves as possible. I play against lvl1 Brainiac, since he has no great wakeups.

Takes about 30 minutes to go from 1-20 if you're efficient. So far, Red Hood is the easiest chaarcter I've leveled. Start each match with b3-b3 and then either zone or spam df3.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
This is legit the first thing I wanted to test. It's funny but not unexpected he has this.

He has htb loops with a background bounce.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
So here some stuff I found, cover both stand get-up and tech roll. Can dash into opponent for pressure or block to bait wake-up, also the option to MB F3 after dash. Can jump in for HTB or Jump into guns to cover tech roll.

Delay wake-up works a treat against it but don't worry I'll find something else :D

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
So here some stuff I found, cover both stand get-up and tech roll. Can dash into opponent for pressure or block to bait wake-up, also the option to MB F3 after dash. Can jump in for HTB or Jump into guns to cover tech roll.

Thanks Ponkster

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Go into options and set match time to 300 and life bars to 1 and 1 -round (so you both start on red health, making matches extremely short, but you get a big time bonus).

If you have a 2nd controller, just go into 1v1 against an empty opponent and get perfect after perfect (make sure Comp mode is OFF, you want gear and levels to affect your damage for faster wins.

If you don't have a 2nd controller, fight a level 1 AI on Very Easy and use as many unclashable moves as possible. I play against lvl1 Brainiac, since he has no great wakeups.

Takes about 30 minutes to go from 1-20 if you're efficient. So far, Red Hood is the easiest chaarcter I've leveled. Start each match with b3-b3 and then either zone or spam df3.

Best I've done is Catwoman with this method who could finish matches with 295 left on the clock, lol. 5 second wins. With Hood I was able to get consistent 93's and I think one 94. These times obviously came when I was 17-18-19 vs lv1. No real gear. Normal times when you're level 1-2-10 etc are usually around 288-290 just starting out.

It's stupid but the rpg nerd in me occasionally levels various characters to 20 just so it's done and it's become a silly hobby to see how fast I can manage to take out the opponent.

In almost all cases I do B3 into f3 over and over, and don't forget to MB the second B3 (you'll get a bar for first hit).

Totally pointless. But.. whatevs.

Coming from Atrocitus to Red Hood. Initial impressions are that he's got a very solid set of answers for most characters. Haven't found anyone he can overwhelm yet but nor have I felt at a disadvantage.

Canceling into trait seems like it can provide good options for mix-up

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Has anyone found a good htb setup for Red Hood or is that really not a strong part of his game? I'm starting to think using the mines simply for the plus frames is a better option.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Sorry for the off topic question but I bought the ultimate edition and he's still not available. Any solutions?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
From what I can gather, MB grab off trait lets us go into a 50/50 using F2xxBF1b and F23. It also lets us go for chip and build bar using 11xx4 332 ender.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Has anyone found a good htb setup for Red Hood or is that really not a strong part of his game? I'm starting to think using the mines simply for the plus frames is a better option.
F23 (mine hits) xx MB DB2 works in the corner and after the db2 you can go for damage or loop the setup.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
My favorite htb in the corner end in 112 into close mine, j3 32 db2 mb 112 close mind. 32, if you're execution is good, will combo off the mine or the j3