What's new

Red Hood General Discussion

Trying to maximize pressure, how do we land jump ins or netrual jumps. I know some characters can get cross ups and neutral jumps after certain strings, i don't think we're so fortunate.

I know you can pull off a njp after 32, but I think even that's pushing.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Trying to maximize pressure, how do we land jump ins or netrual jumps. I know some characters can get cross ups and neutral jumps after certain strings, i don't think we're so fortunate.

I know you can pull off a njp after 32, but I think even that's pushing.
Our only good crossup is j3. Sometimes when you punish the opponent, just throw out a mb mine to make them respect your jump.

You can jump after 2 and 3 in corner pressure, and 32 on occasion. Try some trait staggering too.

Neeko

Noob
Our only good crossup is j3. Sometimes when you punish the opponent, just throw out a mb mine to make them respect your jump.

You can jump after 2 and 3 in corner pressure, and 32 on occasion. Try some trait staggering too.
What do you mean by the mb mine to respect the jump? Like when you throw it out after a string?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So no changes for hood in new patch but nerfs to top tiers will help him so he kinda got buffed . Catwoman and supergirl nerfed which were my two worst matchups . Adam slight nerf but he did well vs him anyway . We are good boys :D

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
srsly I dont understand why they nerfed him again . Now we have to use 112 for hkd .

btw its "stealth nerf" not listed anywhere .

Crusty

srsly I dont understand why they nerfed him again . Now we have to use 112 for hkd .

btw its "stealth nerf" not listed anywhere .
Also 112 is a bill knockdown. It’s only +14 on hit and useless in combos

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
So what do you think this change mean for us ? I mean in corner it doesnt change anything but midscreen we have to guess now if they roll or not and throw far or max range bomb after 323 ?

Crusty

So what do you think this change mean for us ? I mean in corner it doesnt change anything but midscreen we have to guess now if they roll or not and throw far or max range bomb after 323 ?
I dunno atm. Like I’m so emo rn that I need to take my mind off this.

You have no idea how many notes and test cases on this character I’ve had to write down and make reads from just to make his game effective only for this to happen.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So, looks like we have to use 112 for hdk or sacrifice damage with a F3 Ender?

We still have 32 mine for some hard to block setups in the corner too regardless of teching or not.

fireborg

Noob
Ok soo dnt be mad at a player, just too tired to check through 22 pages,

although i think redhood is character with as reo says a lot of "freestyle" capability, diffrent players can play him diffrently i wonder what is rh's core strategy and character type in your opinion dudes

Obviously m newer to rh

Thanks a lot!

Crusty

Core strategy ? use of mines , mine placement .
Overall strategy:
End your combos with a cancellable ender into mine (ex: 32~mine, f23~mine, b23~mine etc). Avoid using 112~mine in a combo and use it raw. If you're able to end with a bgb and place a mine as the opponent falls back as it counts as a hard knockdown.

Pressure:
You want to alternate your pressure between your trait and your mines during blockstrings. Be sure to throw the mine out when the opponent least expects it. Your next course of action depends on how respectful they are after they see the mine on them and if they block it or not. I'll elaborate on this if you have a question

Zoning:
It requires immense reading but be sure you alternate the placements of the mines. Placing it on the opponent helps build meter quicker because all your high projectiles will jail after the blocked explosion. Placing it in front of the opponent limits movement and placing it in front of you acts as makeshift shield/combo breaker when done correctly. Don't use the gunshot unless its almost fullscreen as some characters can punish it and build as much meter as possible.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i still like to use red hood but yeah, they shouldnt have taken his hard knockdown like that :/

and if nrs did just nerf the character because of sonic fox shame on them :U

and sonic fox, maybe don't be so good at the game next time!! :U lol

Last edited: