What's new

Recommended New 52 titles?

Don't ever go to IGN for deciding if you want to buy something. If it isn't 10/10 it's shit with them. If it looks interesting, take a look at it.
They're not a deciding factor as to whether I'll buy anything or not. They do have odd number ratings but what they actually say in the written review is usually somewhat relevant. I was just relaying the only info on what I had of that book in particular.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
If I had to choose the best New 52 titles and limit those choices to ten I would say you should consider:

1.) Batman- Being writing by Scott Snyder who is incredible. Capullo's artwork is amazing as well. You would need to catch up on some amazing story arcs with this title. Court of Owl and Death of the Family especially. Zero year is in the second part now, it will last until next summer. This is my favorite New 52 Title.

2.) Justice League- Trinity War just started this month which is going to be an amazing story. Not just that, but I feel as if the writing has been great through the New 52.

3.) WonderWoman- This is an amazing title that does the character great justice.

4.) Justice League of America- I love seeing the smaller named characters go about their business. Plus MMH makes appearances. This is a good title.

5.) Aquaman- I really love this series. The art is amazing and the writing has been up to par. A rather lengthy story arc crossing over with Justice League is a must read if you want to get into this book.

6.) Superman Unchained- Snyder also writes this book and there are only 2 issues out now, but I think they've been fantastic. This book gives a bit more of a detective approach to Superman.

7) Detective Comics- A lot of people have negative things to say about this book, but I enjoy it. It started off slow in order to set up a story for the Batman book, and can sometimes drag with longer stories, but the art is amazing.

8.) Action Comics- Along the same lines of Detective in terms of Superman.

9.) Flash- A very solid book.

10) Batman/Superman- This book only has one issue at the moment. It is vastly different from the Loeb duo series. The artwork is different and the story seems to be taking a different approach. If you're a fan of those two and want something different, I would look into this.

Others for consideration:

Nightwing- Dick is on his own now and it works very well.

Batgirl- Gail Simone is a fabulous writer and brings a dark approach. Some stores can be slow, but the book is picking up to a great pace.

Justice League Dark- I like this one for some reason. It intertwines with some other JL books.

Talon- I can't say enough good things about this book. This comes from the Court of Owls story arc in Batman, so be sure to read those 11 issues if you want to read this book.

Also, I know it isn't DC, but I've been enjoying Superior Spider-Man.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I'm new to comics, period. I've recently caught up with Superman and Justice League. I'm almost caught up with Batman.

Superman - One of my favorite superheroes, I felt myself grinding through the reading instead of actually enjoying it. After reading JL and Batman, I knew for certain that Superman was crap.
Justice League - Awesome read packed with action, teamwork and funny scenes between two or more of the characters.
Batman - One of my least favorite superheroes, I only decided to read it because of The Joker. The atmosphere, pacing, and suspense have made it my favorite series so far.

I see many have recommended WW, it seems I should check her out next after I'm caught up with the Dark Knight :)

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I'm new to comics, period. I've recently caught up with Superman and Justice League. I'm almost caught up with Batman.

Superman - One of my favorite superheroes, I felt myself grinding through the reading instead of actually enjoying it. After reading JL and Batman, I knew for certain that Superman was crap.
Justice League - Awesome read packed with action, teamwork and funny scenes between two or more of the characters.
Batman - One of my least favorite superheroes, I only decided to read it because of The Joker. The atmosphere, pacing, and suspense have made it my favorite series so far.

I see many have recommended WW, it seems I should check her out next after I'm caught up with the Dark Knight :)
Superman is very...not good at the moment. And hasn't been since it started. But, I do recommend Superman Unchained as well as Superman/Batman & Superman/WW. If you're looking for good stories involving Supes.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Oh yeah, I started reading WW's stuff a while ago... really good. Made me actually give a shit about her.

Reedoms

Noob
The Superman line hasn't really been that good since the Byrne era or pre-Death/Return. That shit kinda ruined his image in the mainstream eyes and it hasn't really gotten it's way back up. His recent Action Comics run though was pretty good, though Morrison is a bit of an acquired taste.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
The Superman line hasn't really been that good since the Byrne era or pre-Death/Return. That shit kinda ruined his image in the mainstream eyes and it hasn't really gotten it's way back up. His recent Action Comics run though was pretty good, though Morrison is a bit of an acquired taste.
Unchained line is amazing though imo. It just sucks how long they are taking to get them out :/

I get the TPB's so I am rather behind.

Batman of course. The Court of Owls and Death of the Family are both great story arcs, Snyder is a terrific writer and Capullo has great art. Plus, with New 52 nothing really changed with Batman at all.
You can skip Batman: The Dark Knight it kinda sucks. Vol. 2 is ok. Vol. 1 makes no sense with its over-accumulation of villains and Batman calls Flash for help for something with Poison Ivy.... really? why? The purpose of TDK is to have a more darker kinda supernatural Batman series. Detective Comics is decent. I didn't care for Vol. 2 that much but Vol. 1 was terrific. As you can figure this series is supposed to be more detective-y. Meanwhile I love Batman & Robin, though be careful not everyone likes Damian. NTL, the first Volume is gold, great story as it dives into their relationship as father & son and as partners.

Vol. 1 of Talon was fun, unfortunately Talon is already being cancelled. Fits in the Batman universe, has a similar vibe.

Demon Knights is awesome if you're into the kinda D&D fantasy stuff, plus it has Etrigan. I love him.

Superman on the other hand is crap. Some good ideas here and there but it leads to nothing. Action Comics is excellent, being done by Grant Morrison and all. I only read Vol. 1 but do plan to get Vol. 2 eventually.

Wonder Woman is great, as it sets up a new villain and a supporting cast you care about.

Suicide Squad is another favorite, mainly because of Deadshot and Harley Quinn. Though it's being cancelled. It was hit or miss, plus Harley has her own series now, hence I think many people were picking up Suicide Squad mainly for her. But it has alot of action, and there's always a new character for Deadshot to kill which is always highly entertaining.

Red Hood & The Outlaws yeah is hit or miss. I don't mind Red Arrow being a dick, it's amusing. Jason Todd is kinda cool and yeah Starfire is a whore but mainly in the first arc. Vol. 2 and 3 luckily she gets toned down. I think it is only a matter of time before this series gets cancelled though. I don't see what it's leading to. They're not exactly outlaws, more anti-heroes kinda, yeah. I can't describe them.

Batgirl and Nightwing are both kinda weak. Batgirl can be kinda fun.

Justice League is of course pretty solid.

Batwoman has been my overall favorite. A red-haired jewish lesbian vigilante, wow god must really hate you. Great writers and art. The panels are great as they are used in such creative ways instead of just boxes on the page to use up the space they need. It has a sorta supernatural/X-Files vibe to it as well kinda. Great supporting cast and just all around great character. Get Elegy first, it was published before the New 52 but it is part of the same continuity. Vol. is spent fighting alongside Wonder Woman.

Meanwhile the Batman Eternalweekly series just started last week. It requires nothing to get into, it's made for new readers to pick up. Then next month they have a new 52 weekly series to bridge together the Batman Beyond universe.

you want to read DC alright these are the ones i suggest
Blackest night Graphics
War of Light
Red Robin
Red hood and the outlaws
Superman: Earth One vol 1 and 2
all the Batman New 52
Identity Crisis
JLA New 52
Justice League Dark
Teen Titans
and the list can go on

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Aquaman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Batgirl, Earth 2, Green Arrow(after Lemire takes over, volume 4 on), and Constantine have all been enjoyable

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How many of the new 52 survived this latest round of cancellations?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I reccomend these in order of awesomeness:
Batman- Best new 52 stories...except for maybe Death of the Family. It was good, just not the same calibur as the rest.
Flash- Best art, and the story is always on point! Probably the best new 52 book, but my Batman favoritism places him higher.
Justice League- Strictly for Shazam story...it's amazing, and JL is ok too.
Talon- This book starts off a little slow, but man it gets awesome and in a hurry.
Wonder Woman- Another amazing book that has always been amazing, but I just stopped keeping up for no reason lol.
Constantine- Newer book that I've really enjoyed. Always been a fan of the character and Jeff Lemire is doing him justice.
Animal Man- This was my, "OMG I'M SURPRISED THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD" book of the new 52. Rotworld saga was freaking fantastic.

40? I don't know...I think there has been more cancellations than that.
Including upcoming ones and excluding one-shot miniseries it comes to 46 cancellations. This be the list for yours and anyone else's convenience
Captain Atom
DC Universe Presents...
The Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men
Justice League International
Justice League of America (basically Justice League United it taking its spot, same team and story)
Katana
Mister Terrific
The Savage Hawkman
Batman: The Dark Knight
Batman Incorporated
Nightwing
Talon
Blue Beetle
Hawk & Dove
Legion Lost
Legion of Superheroes
Static Shock
Teen Titans (new wave is coming with different team members)
The Ravagers
Suicide Squad (being replaced with New Suicide Squad)
All-Star Western (ending in August)
Blackhawks
Deathstroke
G.I. Combat
Grifter
Men of War
O.M.A.C.
Stormwatch
Team 7
The Green Team: Teen Trillionaires
The Movement
Threshold
Voodoo
Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger (ending in August)
Trinity of Sin: Pandora (ending in August)
Animal Man
Demon Knights
Dial H
Frankenstein, Agent of S.H.A.D.E.
I, Vampire
Resurrection Man
Sword of Sorcery
Batwing (ending in August)
Birds of Prey (ending in August)
Superboy (ending in August)
Larfleeze (ending in June)

Rude

So that leaves what, six titles left? Three of them Bat-person books?

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
So that leaves what, six titles left? Three of them Bat-person books?
They don't just cancel comics, they replace them with other titles. And not all the ones he named were part of the original 52. Some titles come, publish about 6-10 issues, and then are cancelled. Do you seriously think DC's only publishing like 6 comics? That's not how that works. There are about 40 titles right now that DC is still making. How many have survived from the original N52? Plenty.

Rude

They don't just cancel comics, they replace them with other titles. And not all the ones he named were part of the original 52. Some titles come, publish about 6-10 issues, and then are cancelled. Do you seriously think DC's only publishing like 6 comics? That's not how that works. There are about 40 titles right now that DC is still making. How many have survived from the original N52? Plenty.
No, I don't think you understand what I mean.

I know they produce other titles besides non new 52.

What I was asking was...

Of the New 52 Line of comics...not ALL DC comics, but just that line...

It does not appear that many are left.

Even if that weren't the case, DC has made some very, very poor decisions as of late.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
No, I don't think you understand what I mean.

I know they produce other titles besides non new 52.

What I was asking was...

Of the New 52 Line of comics...not ALL DC comics, but just that line...

It does not appear that many are left.

Even if that weren't the case, DC has made some very, very poor decisions as of late.
I know what you meant and it's still....no. I will say again. THERE ARE ABOUT 40 SURVIVING NEW 52 COMICS DC IS MAKING EVERY MONTH. Here are the August Solicitations to prove my point. http://www.newsarama.com/21159-dc-comics-full-august-2014-solicitations.html
It's all N52 up to All-Star Western, then it isn't. There are roughly 40 titles here that are t being cancelled