What's new

Rebalance Mod?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
True. I think the easiest solution would be to do what they guys at projectmgame.com did: leave the top tiers alone, and then bring everyone else up to their level. Kabal players wouldnt have to worry about nerfs, and everyone else gets serious buffs.
This would ruin the game. I think a better approach is to curb things that are actually ridiculous, and then help characters at the bottom with tools that are lacking (which in a lot of cases, is either frame data/pokes or damage).

The issue though, is that only being able to modify the game via placebo hotfix limits you as far as what you can change. And even then, you still have to figure out all the parameters, which is tough.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
@juicepouch

That's alright. I'm only relevant for bringing life to Kratos' dead forum, and that's not really something important.

That bit about "Kabal's fine" is indeed sarcastic. It was meant as a biased joke because I main Kratos on MK9 for the PS3: Kratos can hold his own quite well against Kabal, so naturally I would say that Kabal is nothing to be worried about. :p

Anyway, I think a rebalance mod is a good idea. MK9 is like our new UMK3, and we'll remember it for a long time. Approximately by the time MK13 comes out, us MK9ers can all play on the new rebalance mod for MK9, and it will be a repeat of history, like how there's a new balance mod for MKII right now.
I was joking too, that's why I used the :rolleyes: face. lol

Well, if NRS sticks with the same game engine from MK9 to MKX, it could still be useful to keep trying to disect MK9's code, as the structure will carry over.

Though if the game doesn't run on Linux or OSX, I really can't do anything to help with that effort.

@Alien Substance
My bad man

This would ruin the game. I think a better approach is to curb things that are actually ridiculous, and then help characters at the bottom with tools that are lacking (which in a lot of cases, is either frame data/pokes or damage).

The issue though, is that only being able to modify the game via placebo hotfix limits you as far as what you can change. And even then, you still have to figure out all the parameters, which is tough.
i agree that you should curb things that are totally broken. i just meant more along the lines of "focus on buffing the low tiers first". obviously take out any true infinites, but otherwise let the people have their jank. just give the jank to everyone.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
zzzzzzzzzzz.....

All I'm seeing here are the exact same things the community/NRS made a pig's ear out of in the first five patches. Don't say I didn't tell you so when you fools are so hellbent on calling a nerfbat entourage on Kabal, Kenshi etc. that you begin complaining about some upper mid tier character's week 1 tech afterwards.

If at all possible, the resources should go towards a more elaborate training mode (on par with Injustice at least) so that more people begin doing something about blockstun with 9 frame windows, begin to stop trying to D1 Kung Lao out of his teleport, stop being too chickenshit to trade with Kenshi because of a move with 46 recovery frames. Unless this happens, "re-balancing MK9" will always be an endless clusterfuck.

Seriously, think about it. I don't think it's a coincidence that plenty of players who were midcarders during the MK9 era have become regular top 8 placers in IGAU.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I disagree with "no nerfs".
You mean, we should keep stuff like framedata-defying techs, stupid pressure, safe launching wakeups, 80% combos and just give this stuff to everyone in the cast? Is that the game you guys want to play?

Let Sheeva cancel from her back 2, even if it's blocked. Also let her dash cancel her ground pound, and make it so her 21f2 string doesn't wiff all the time.

But the only person I've seen make any notable progress on modding this game is @UncleFestor

I haven't been keeping up with it, but modding frame data and things of that sort seems to be pretty difficult