What's new

Rebalance Mod?

If you ask the majority of people here, they'll say Kabal isn't broken.

Given that the best character in the game is considered to be balanced (even though he isn't), it would pretty much be impossible for the community to agree on any balance patch.

Given that the best character in the game is considered to be balanced (even though he isn't), it would pretty much be impossible for the community to agree on any balance patch.
True. I think the easiest solution would be to do what they guys at projectmgame.com did: leave the top tiers alone, and then bring everyone else up to their level. Kabal players wouldnt have to worry about nerfs, and everyone else gets serious buffs.

Keep in mind that high-level kabal player requires some advanced techskill. This way, we can give some similar cancels to other characters, and it keeps the pace of the match fast and the skill ceiling high.

One simple example: kabal has crazy block strings. solution: let Sub's EX clone come out even if he is touching the opponent. do something like this for everyone.

Last edited:
Dude. No one thinks kabal is balanced.
I can literally quote prominent people on this site saying Kabal was not broken.

True. I think the easiest solution would be to do what they guys at projectmgame.com did: leave the top tiers alone,.
They did not leave the top tiers alone in Project M.

Especially with Meta Knight. They just don't call anything "nerfs" and just call them "adjustments". But there was plenty of broken stuff they had to change with Meta Knight. If they kept him the way he was, he would still be dominant.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
The reason why MK9 and Injustice have not gotten a community balance patch is because we haven't found a way to decrypt the file that handles character balance.

Unless its been decrypted already (I haven't been in the mod scene for quite sometime), then by all means share the link with us if you can.

I can literally quote prominent people on this site saying Kabal was not broken.

They did not leave the top tiers alone in Project M.

Especially with Meta Knight. They just don't call anything "nerfs" and just call them "adjustments". But there was plenty of broken stuff they had to change with Meta Knight. If they kept him the way he was, he would still be dominant.
oh yeah, for some reason i always forget Metaknight. i was reffering to the melee top tiers, who were left the same. mk had some broken ass shit, but i dont think i would say kabal is as bad. idk much about vbrawl mk though so i could be wrong. either way, minimal nerfs are the way to go, just buff the people who need it.

The reason why MK9 and Injustice have not gotten a community balance patch is because we haven't found a way to decrypt the file that handles character balance.

Unless its been decrypted already (I haven't been in the mod scene for quite sometime), then by all means share the link with us if you can.
yeah from what ive heard it is very hard to edit anything in mk9 besides like costumes. but i figured id try to get some interest at least. i know nothing about modding but would do whatever i could to support this.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
yeah from what ive heard it is very hard to edit anything in mk9 besides like costumes. but i figured id try to get some interest at least. i know nothing about modding but would do whatever i could to support this.
I feel you man. I only bought Injustice for the PC to start hacking away at it on my spare time. I am learning some cryptography techniques in my class this semester so hopefully I can learn some techniques to hack them both. They both use the same architecture and might even use the same decrypting keys as well.

Once the decrypting is done I could even whip up a program that lets not tech savy guys easily mod their game for their entertainment.

I feel you man. I only bought Injustice for the PC to start hacking away at it on my spare time. I am learning some cryptography techniques in my class this semester so hopefully I can learn some techniques to hack them both. They both use the same architecture and might even use the same decrypting keys as well.

Once the decrypting is done I could even whip up a program that lets not tech savy guys easily mod their game for their entertainment.
yeah id throw some paypal cash your way for that! mk9 is a great game, it just needs a final polish to help out the low tiers.

The problem is that even if you could get a dedicated team of people to start working on this now, there's a good chance that by the time anyone actually figures out how to crack the game open and start changing stuff MK10 will probably be released.
If people want to put in the time and effort then I say god bless, and I'd love to be able to use the tools on Injustice, but realistically that's whats likely to happen.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
why bother patching it. Just hold tournies where all of the even kind of viable characters are banned so you can only play like the bottom 3rd of the cast

What? There are no posts in either of those links that have people worth half a shit saying kabal is not broken. Hell, NOBODY says that. Not even some random terrible guy says it. Nobody says it. Try again. Alien Substance is obviously joking. It's not like he's a top player or even terribly relevant one, no disrespect to him. His opinion holds just as much weight as mine if I were to assert that Kabal is not broken. Get out of here with that

You guys really should be asking @TONY-T about this. He's buddies with a guy who has been trying to mod the game for a while now, and he's only been able to do a few janky things like changing recovery frames on certain moves, stuff like that. As far as I know they don't know how to go in and just say "kabal's standing 4 is now 600 frames, hold that bitch"

What? There are no posts in either of those links that have people worth half a shit saying kabal is not broken. Hell, NOBODY says that. Not even some random terrible guy says it. Nobody says it. Try again. Alien Substance is obviously joking. It's not like he's a top player or even terribly relevant one, no disrespect to him. His opinion holds just as much weight as mine if I were to assert that Kabal is not broken. Get out of here with that
First response post to the first link.

Unless im misreading sarcasm, which is a possibility

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You guys really should be asking @TONY-T about this. He's buddies with a guy who has been trying to mod the game for a while now, and he's only been able to do a few janky things like changing recovery frames on certain moves, stuff like that. As far as I know they don't know how to go in and just say "kabal's standing 4 is now 600 frames, hold that bitch"
When you don't know what you are looking at in the machine/assembly code, then you could change things for years and do nothing... before change can happen, you have to understand what is happening right in front of you.

@juicepouch
That's alright. I'm only relevant for bringing life to Kratos' dead forum, and that's not really something important.
Unless im misreading sarcasm, which is a possibility
That bit about "Kabal's fine" is indeed sarcastic. It was meant as a biased joke because I main Kratos on MK9 for the PS3: Kratos can hold his own quite well against Kabal, so naturally I would say that Kabal is nothing to be worried about. :p

Anyway, I think a rebalance mod is a good idea. MK9 is like our new UMK3, and we'll remember it for a long time. Approximately by the time MK13 comes out, us MK9ers can all play on the new rebalance mod for MK9, and it will be a repeat of history, like how there's a new balance mod for MKII right now.