What's new

Reasonable Flash buffs?

doomfarmer

unorthodox
We know a balance patch is coming. My question to you other Flash players is what, if any, are some reasonable changes NRS could make to help out the fastest man alive? He's not garbage tier but he obviously struggles in a lot of matchups. Even in some matchups that are considered even he generally has to work harder than the other character. I think an issue though is it's possible that certain buffs could potentially rocket him into top tier to where people would complain about him. So what are some changes to give him a boost, but not make him TOO good? Also, what nerfs to other characters would help us out? We could potentially move up the tier list without any buffs, just by NRS making changes to some of the top tier characters that Flash struggles against. What do you guys think?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Most of his MU's would be fixed with just 2 changes. i think the start up of his walk speed is really poor, he's not able to walk back and forth in footsies like other characters and has to pretty much move forward all the time. I say just increase his walk speed start up and initial distance that way he has the ability to whiff punish better, making a buff to b2 not as needed. 2nd change would be to just give him lightning charge instead of lightning punches. it would help literally in all of this mu's. it would still be duckable and full combo punishable, but now people have to think twice about moving which opens up the neutral for flash.

If we are going to stay away from giving him Lightning Charge i would like at least to make RMS Lightning Charge to have the properties it did in INJ 1, that way going into RMS will cause the opponent to hesitate enough for flash to possibly get in, and also punish zoning better.

If paulo is like nah fuck that, then buff his backdash or give old b2 range back as the other options. but i really want LC in this game.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I say just increase his walk speed start up and initial distance that way he has the ability to whiff punish better, making a buff to b2 not as needed.
This is a great idea. This would really help against a lot of the zoning meta by being able to close slightly more distance on rapid projectile characters. I hope NRS considers this.

The only ideas I had were a better backdash, and a lightning punches buff. I doubt they would just give us the lightning charge back, so maybe they can bring his bf2 up a little bit. Either faster startup, or more distance. Hell they could even let us meter burn at activation instead of halfway through to let us make it safe. Or maybe pull an MK9 sub-zero slide and give it armor on MB to blow through projectiles. Not looking for ALL those changes, just giving ideas. Honestly i'd be really happy with the walk speed buff, that would help tremendously.

Wigy

There it is...
I hate how much he struggles in the neutral especially against characters that can zone him. I would like to see more range on b2, but i guess that would be more sensible change for down the line.

Faster walk speed would be good. Marginally less recovery on the phase thing (db1) or something like if you phase a projectile you can instantly dash would be nice. Its fairly weak in the zoning battle except for meter management i've found.

SMH

That was Speedforce
1) Buff range b2 or startup
2) Buff backdash range and walk speed
3) Lighting punch is mid and safe if spend meter (same Lighting charge in IGAU)

I think is reasonable changes

Gafar_NN

The Flash
1) Buff range b2 or startup
2) Buff backdash range and walk speed
3) Lighting punch is mid and safe if spend meter (same Lighting charge in IGAU)

I think is reasonable changes
It's will be nice, but with this buff flash will become God tier.

DeftMonk

Noob
I think the answer is not to buff everyone so they can compete with badam and aquaman but instead just bring the top few down... game is pretty balanced imo. I think the walkspeed thing is pretty great idea but...be careful what u wish for in buffing b2. Do we really wanna trade some range/startup for the + frames?I mean we cant have it all... IMO a cool buff would be the ability to meter burn RMS after we go down into it...giving us 1 hit of armor until we leave it.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Yet he makes a great point. Some Flash players should stop day dreaming about lightning charges and long range b+2s and instead focus on the tools they already have. If the top tier characters receive a couple of adjustments, Flash will be fine.
I didn't weigh in on the point, just that he's talking about the strength of characters he didn't play in a game he didn't play LOL

if he is right, its not because he knows what he's talking about

I didn't weigh in on the point, just that he's talking about the strength of characters he didn't play in a game he didn't play LOL

if he is right, its not because he knows what he's talking about
You mean to tell me it's impossible to understand a game by watching people play it at a high level and talking with other people that understand it? I guarantee you a competitive level player understands more about a fighting games balance by just watching competitive play than the average player does by playing hundreds of hours.

If he's right it's because he knows what he's talking about. It's not an accident lol.

God Confirm

You mean to tell me it's impossible to understand a game by watching people play it at a high level and talking with other people that understand it? I guarantee you a competitive level player understands more about a fighting games balance by just watching competitive play than the average player does by playing hundreds of hours.

If he's right it's because he knows what he's talking about. It's not an accident lol.
why in the fuck would he be watching a bunch of play for a game that he didn't even care about?

if he's right, it's not because he knows himself, its because he's heard the same shit said over on the forums and he's using that to base his argument instead of.... actual knowledge

sorry if I think that before calling something too much you should lab it first or at the very least play the damn game, crazy mentality I know

Last edited:
why in the fuck would he be watching a bunch of play for a game that he didn't even care about?

if he's right, it's not because he knows himself, because he's heard the same shit said over on the forums and he's using that to base his argument instead of.... actual knowledge

sorry if I think that before calling something too much you should lab it first or at the very least play the damn game, crazy mentality I know
So I'm assuming you're able to Prove 2+2=4 on your own right? Since second hand knowledge is useless. Right? How he got his info has no bearing on wether or not he's right. Either argue the point or don't, but don't dismiss someone for no reason. Especially not someone whose opinion is probably more respected than your own.

God Confirm

So I'm assuming you're able to Prove 2+2=4 on your own right? Since second hand knowledge is useless. Right? How he got his info has no bearing on wether or not he's right. Either argue the point or don't, but don't dismiss someone for no reason. Especially not someone whose opinion is probably more respected than your own.
I didn't dismiss it for no reason

I dismissed it for the reason that he's talking about balance in a game he literally hasn't even played, that's funny to me

p.s. tweedy's opinion is worth utter shit he's known as one of the game's biggest downplayers lol I'd have to tarnish my rep pretty hard to be on his level. I know you're the SFV equivalent on here , but even your opinions are worth more than his when it comes to NRS games lul

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
What competitive players will generally have over the more casual players is experience playing matchups at the highest available level. What they will also more likely have due to the greater stakes of their wins and losses is a far heavier bias toward anything that will help them achieve the former and avoid the latter. It's why you see Flash players acting like a walk speed buff is no big thing and known zoners saying Flash is fine as is. I'm not weighing in on who's right (if any), but let's not act like being a good player equates to having a good opinion at all lol.

And if anyone honestly thinks that maybe having played Injustice 1 wouldn't help someone avoid making a claim like "Flash players still think the characters are as strong as they were in that game," as if the top five in this one isn't riddled with Injustice 1 characters who are better now than they were at the end of that one's lifespan, I don't know what to tell you lul.

I didn't dismiss it for no reason

I dismissed it for the reason that he's talking about balance in a game he literally hasn't even played, that's funny to me

p.s. tweedy's opinion is worth utter shit he's known as one of the game's biggest downplayers lol I'd have to tarnish my rep pretty hard to be on his level. I know you're the SFV equivalent on here , but even your opinions are worth more than his when it comes to NRS games lul
Im curious how you think I'm a downplayer in sfv lol. I don't think I've ever said any of the characters I play weren't top 5. TBH I probably overrated ryu a bit in s1. Kinda off topic though. Only one I can think of that I think is overrated by the community is Urien, but I still say he's ridiculously strong.

God Confirm

Im curious how you think I'm a downplayer in sfv lol. I don't think I've ever said any of the characters I play weren't top 5. TBH I probably overrated ryu a bit in s1. Kinda off topic though. Only one I can think of that I think is overrated by the community is Urien, but I still say he's ridiculously strong.
hold up that's _myles not you , got you two confused

forget that, but whatever. this argument not worth having

Tweedy

Noob
If WB chan can find a reason to argue with or about me, he'll do it. Dude is obsessive.

I probably know more about Inj 1 than people on here who played it for 2 years religiously. It's just something you have to deal with.

Edit: There's people that I don't like in life but i'm not obsessed with them. If they're on this site I just hit the ignore button and move on. It's really strange and sad to me that someone would constantly respond and talk about someone that he/she hates. Find something more positive to do.

Last edited: