What's new

Real Talk: Should I switch to an Xbox One?

portent

Noob
Unless you have a specific group of friends on XB1 you'd like to play with, you're better off putting the investment towards a good PC honestly, or at the very least waiting to see what they do with the next-gen Xbox. Microsoft effectively committed suicide in terms of exclusive games once they started issuing PC ports of their XB1 games lol.
So true. Even if building your own costs significantly more than an XB1X, it'll give you access to an entire library of games that the XB1, 360, PS4 and PS3 don't, unless you own all 4 systems. Even then, there is a backlog of games that can be had for pennies on the dollar that people have never played because they owned only one console or another at the time.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
You sure about that smaller s space? I own multiple versions of the PS4 and Xbox One (original Xbox one, Xbox one S, Xbox one X, an original PS4, a days of play PS4 and a Spiderman PS4 Pro).

The smallest of those are the Xbox One X and the Xbox One S. The thinnest is the days of play PS4. The largest is the Spiderman PS4 Pro. These consoles are set up in multiple rooms throughout my home. I make sure my guests are properly entertained. (There are also two Nintendo Switch consoles thrown in for good measure.)

The most powerful of them is the Xbox One X by a long shot. Many of the Enhanced PS4 Pro titles do not offer a huge leap in performance over the standard PS4, though some do. Horizon Zero dawn comes to mind as sort of a let down.

On a side note, I've read so many comments here about Xbox not having any games. That's absurd. I have 688 games installed on my Xbox One X (12TB external drive). Xbox One has the games that count from 3rd parties. Also, Sony's exclusives are great, but most are one and done once you beat them.

I'm super happy with both consoles. My recommendation to everyone is to get all consoles and have a nice PC to complete your gaming experience. That way, you can be like me and giggle at all the misinformation coming from people who only own one of them.
Tip of the hat to you sir. You win the gluttonous gamer award for the day.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I

Agreed with this, but would also add that the Xone dpad, while much nicer than the Dual Shock's, is twice as flimsy.

I replace my Xone controllers at about twice the rate of my Dual Shocks due to sensitivity loss.
Broke three rb's on my housemates controllers like wtf ? Block is not a mashable button u either block.. or dont!!

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Xbox is the future:
-Play anywhere
-Crossplay
-Compatibility between different hardware
-Cloud
-GamePass
If you want to be in the old videogames model of generations, no crossplay and lack of real compatibility....keep with Sony model.

P.D: Haters... I´m ready :p

King Cash

Next Level
Simply put, if you want to play Fighting games with and against pros/tournament goers PS4. If you want single player exclusives, PS4.

If you play mostly 3rd party games and want the best (console) version, Xbox.

This one is my opinion, but if you want “better” online, better interface, with a company who constantly improves and updates their system, Xbox.
Plus, CrossPlay, back compatibility, Play anywhere, Game pass, and ea access.

But really I feel like you should have both, and a switch, and maybe a PC, but that’s just the gamer in me that likes to play everything. I don’t want to miss out on games because I don’t have the hardware, or wanna be a “fanboy” to some company that just wants my $.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I hate PS and i love PS.. it is a terrible situation. If PS5 will not support past generation PS consoles that means i am done with it. XBOX has some real advantages like this dude mentioned before;

-Play anywhere
-Crossplay
-Compatibility between different hardware
-Cloud
-GamePass
does XBOX ONE X support it's old gen consoles? i am not sure about that.. never used XBOX before..

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
You sure about that smaller s space? I own multiple versions of the PS4 and Xbox One (original Xbox one, Xbox one S, Xbox one X, an original PS4, a days of play PS4 and a Spiderman PS4 Pro).

The smallest of those are the Xbox One X and the Xbox One S. The thinnest is the days of play PS4. The largest is the Spiderman PS4 Pro. These consoles are set up in multiple rooms throughout my home. I make sure my guests are properly entertained. (There are also two Nintendo Switch consoles thrown in for good measure.)

The most powerful of them is the Xbox One X by a long shot. Many of the Enhanced PS4 Pro titles do not offer a huge leap in performance over the standard PS4, though some do. Horizon Zero dawn comes to mind as sort of a let down.

On a side note, I've read so many comments here about Xbox not having any games. That's absurd. I have 688 games installed on my Xbox One X (12TB external drive). Xbox One has the games that count from 3rd parties. Also, Sony's exclusives are great, but most are one and done once you beat them.

I'm super happy with both consoles. My recommendation to everyone is to get all consoles and have a nice PC to complete your gaming experience. That way, you can be like me and giggle at all the misinformation coming from people who only own one of them.
Yeah man they fit.

I got a 1 meter and some odd cm cabinet. Dresser really. It sits on under the TV. PS4 on one end and Xbox OG unit on the other. In the middle is sometimes my modem or the wife's things like cups of pens and BT headphones or her yarn for crocheting odds & ends.

Yeah man. They coexist perfect. Like the Canadian & United States of America border.

They are one. Under God. For THEE!

I'm Canadian. Sorry. Had to throw that in there.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
Yeah man they fit.

I got a 1 meter and some odd cm cabinet. Dresser really. It sits on under the TV. PS4 on one end and Xbox OG unit on the other. In the middle is sometimes my modem or the wife's things like cups of pens and BT headphones or her yarn for crocheting odds & ends.

Yeah man. They coexist perfect. Like the Canadian & United States of America border.

They are one. Under God. For THEE!

I'm Canadian. Sorry. Had to throw that in there.
Haha! Nice! The way things are going in the U.S. I'm almost wishing I was in Canada. My shelves/desks/stands where the consoles are located devoid of any of my wife's belongings...thank goodness. My consoles make it clear that they are not sharing any space lol!

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Started on PS moved to xbox and never looked back. Now that I have gotten older and make enough money to build a computer, thats what I game on now and I really havent looked back since. Xbox ui for me atleast is much more smoother and there was a lot less BS involved compared to ps4. Could care less about exclusives cause most were meh anyway or werent my cup of tea.

Also those stupid new censorship rules from PS killed any care I had for the console.

J_in_CA

Noob
Simply put, if you want to play Fighting games with and against pros/tournament goers PS4. If you want single player exclusives, PS4.

If you play mostly 3rd party games and want the best (console) version, Xbox.

This one is my opinion, but if you want “better” online, better interface, with a company who constantly improves and updates their system, Xbox.
Plus, CrossPlay, back compatibility, Play anywhere, Game pass, and ea access.

But really I feel like you should have both, and a switch, and maybe a PC, but that’s just the gamer in me that likes to play everything. I don’t want to miss out on games because I don’t have the hardware, or wanna be a “fanboy” to some company that just wants my $.
You forgot the X after the Xbox One there :) Xbox is a strange place, you get the worst or best depending on which machine you go with. Truth is most games released before late 2017 are going to look better on the Pro because they were generally a higher resolution to begin with, 720p and 900p upscaled to 4K look worse than 1080p upscaled.