What's new

Ready to dedicate to a character. I know what I want, just need your help finding it.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
First off, I know this kind of thread is common and annoying, but at least in my case I can describe exactly what I want from my character. I appreciate your time, patience, and tolerance. Also, I thank you for your advice up front. Onto the heart of the matter.

Percieved Strength:
All that I want is the opportunity to compete, and I don't mind picking up a pocket character to cover a few bad match-ups for my main. I just don't want to play something that is total trash or dead before the fight starts.

TL;DR: I don't mind being an underdog, as long as I have a shot.

Playstyle:
I like to zone but in this game teleports are a thing, and characters that ignore neutral are a thing. Zoning and Spacing are plan A for me, but I don't want all of my eggs in one basket. I am also interested in developing good fundamentals, so an honest character that doesn't rely on dirt and gimmicks is for me. I would like someone with simple and easy execution so that I can focus on the game rather than doing tight timing, the majority of my games are online so tight windows become problematic.

TL;DR: An honest fundamental zone/spacing first character with simple mechanics who can play a more balanced gameplan when necessary.

Aesthetics:
I like female characters and monster characters. I also tend toward big bodies so basically if Sheeva was here we wouldn't be having this discussion. I absolutely hate Skarlet and Geras and will not play them.

TL;DR: Monster>Female>Big Body>Other. No Skarlet or Geras.

Whatcha got for me fam?

Gravelands

Cory, Trevor, smokes. Let's go.
Kollector and Jade are the two that immediately spring to mind based on you wanting to zone/have space control while also being able to deal with people who download that pretty fast.

While I can't speak too much on whether or not Kollector requires strict timing for his strings, he has a teleport in one of his tourney variations, and he has pretty good spacing with some of his normals. Jade, on the other hand, doesn't require anything near what I would define as strict timing, but she's not all that brain-dead to play either.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie, and if you say no you get banned.

You could use Sonya's zoning variation, but you want honest so that's a no go. Have you tried Cetrion? Or you can zone with Shang. He has all the tools necessary.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
You sound a lot like me, and I would definitely say try Cetrion.

I was playing Erron and Frost at launch and was absolutely hating life and losing all the time, switched to Cetrion and now I'm doing a lot better and enjoying myself. She's a decently well-rounded character who excels in zoning, doesn't have difficult execution, and she's a contender for top 10.

And she's a lady...whose fatality involves stepping on your opponent with a giant stiletto :REO

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie hits all the marks and is the best character. I strongly recommend that you use her. Only problem is you gotta own up to your losses when you have no bad match ups.
She has no weakness so if you lose you're a scrub.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Got it down to Baraka and Jade. I like Jade more, but her kit is so heavy toward zoning that teleports kinda eat her up. Scorpion is a popular pick and a losing match up for her.

Last edited: