What's new

Razer Raion Fightpad

C-Sword

Noob
It's $99 USD, it's even more expensive than the PowerA Fightpad. Problem with Razer is that you pay premium prices for average quality products, this will most likely use a proprietary cable.

I guess the placement of the buttons is fine if you play like this

I don't want to bash MarkMan, but he was pissed when I told him that the MadCatz Fightpad Pro looked terrible for fighting games when it was first announced. It turned out I was right.

C-Sword

Noob

So I got the controller and my first impressions are not good.

The d-pad is missing a center pivot, it's constantly skipping inputs when you try to pull off special moves that require half-circle inputs. It's fine for qcf, but I'm currently playing a lot of KOF XIII and it's struggling with a lot moves.

The face buttons are way too sensitive, they will register an input almost as soon as I place my thumb on them without actually pressing them.

The shoulder buttons are positioned in an angle that are not very ideal for fighting games, I don't like the feeling I get when pressing them.

If you only play shotos or new fighting games that have input leniency, I guess this controller could be fine, but it would still not be worth the retail price. Get the Hori Fighting Commander or the Power Fusion Fightpad instead.

THTB

When's Syzoth?

So I got the controller and my first impressions are not good.

The d-pad is missing a center pivot, it's constantly skipping inputs when you try to pull off special moves that require half-circle inputs. It's fine for qcf, but I'm currently playing a lot of KOF XIII and it's struggling with a lot moves.

The face buttons are way too sensitive, they will register an input almost as soon as I place my thumb on them without actually pressing them.

The shoulder buttons are positioned in an angle that are not very ideal for fighting games, I don't like the feeling I get when pressing them.

If you only play shotos or new fighting games that have input leniency, I guess this controller could be fine, but it would still not be worth the retail price. Get the Hori Fighting Commander or the Power Fusion Fightpad instead.
I saw the pivot issue in Nihongogamer's video and that immediately dissuaded me from getting this controller. He couldn't even get a 360 consistently because of it.

Really unfortunate, as I have said for a long time that Razer should enter the fightpad market, and this is what we got from them.

C-Sword

Noob
I saw the pivot issue in Nihongogamer's video and that immediately dissuaded me from getting this controller. He couldn't even get a 360 consistently because of it.

Really unfortunate, as I have said for a long time that Razer should enter the fightpad market, and this is what we got from them.
It's the Madcatz fightpad pro all over again. I have nothing against MarkMan, but this is the 2nd time he was involved with the marketing of a fightpad and it turned out to be trash.

It's like the d-pad has to return to neutral every tiime after I press a direction, otherwise it will ignore the next input.

I play with Ex Iori in KOF 13, one of his special moves is half circle back + kick, the move doesn't come out most of the times if I slide my thumb. It will work if I press each direction individually (forward, down, back + kick rapidly), that's hard to do during a combo string because sliding my thumb would be much quicker.

It's fine for MK11 because I only need to tap the directions for the special moves.