Rate your TYM experience

Discussion in 'TYM News & Feedback' started by STORMS, Nov 28, 2018.

?

Happy with TYM overall?

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  3. 3

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. 4

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. 5

5 vote(s)
    6.6%
  6. 6

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  7. 7

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  8. 8

18 vote(s)
    23.7%
  9. 9

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  10. 10

7 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. STORMS

STORMS Owner / Director
    Administrator

PSN:
    HEISSTORMS
    Hello all,

Please rate your experience based on... rate TYM a 10 if you're very happy with things and a 1 if you're unhappy.

• Overall experience
    • Mobile-friendly (NOT including Tapatalk app)
    • Loading / Accessing content (getting to specific forum, etc)

EDIT: What I'm getting at is a possible change to our forums... an update, if you will. However that update would remove things like character banners under your name, status updates, etc. Depending how this voting goes I'll say more.

2. ROG Moonspell

ROG Moonspell "The Assasination of Julius Caesar"

Steam:
    moonspell_pl
    An old user, as happy as a kid in the candy store!

chrisisnice and Badboy Takuma like this.
  3. omooba

omooba fear the moobs

been here since injustice 1. happy overall.

4. SaSSolino

SaSSolino Consider yourself saved <3

PSN:
    SaSSolino9
    Steam:
    SaSSolino
    I like this place, too bad the number of active members is on the decline.

Also I'm not forgetting you guys deleting my "Goro Masturbation Habits" thread, that was fucked up.

DC4-3, Espio, Icefyre and 4 others like this.
  5. Jynks

Jynks some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

Overall experience is good. The only reason my vote wasn't higher was because there was some unpleasant bullying during the MKx era that I endured and that the forums aren't as lively as I would like. Apart from that very happy.

I do not use the internet on my phone. So no idea about the mobile.

Site speed seems fine. It can be a little hard to navigate the huge amount of forums and sometimes it is hard to know what post should go were (besides the super obvious character ones for example) Other than that I have no comments on the functionality of the site.

6. Marlow

Marlow Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

I'm having a good overall experience. But improvements are always welcome.

7. Braindead

Braindead High-functioning Scrub
    Royal Contributor

Tony at Home and Marlow like this.
  8. karaokelove

karaokelove Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Steam:
    Karaokelove
    Been a member since MK9 was announced. I still love the site, just sad to see it so dead. It’s also sad that Black Manta still doesn’t have a forum portrait.

Please don’t get rid of status updates. I really like that feature of the site.

Opening up to new games could be a good idea. The SCVI thread has been alive since that game was released, yet it’s still just a single thread. That said, 8wayrun.com has been pretty dead as well, so I guess if they can’t bring in the SCVI players, TYM wouldn’t be able to, either.

Overall, I don’t think there is as much of an issue with TYM as there is with idiots jumping on the Discord bandwagon. You could pour $10,000 into site upgrades, but if you can’t compete with Discord’s features, I’m afraid the site is going to remain dead.

9. STORMS

STORMS Owner / Director
    Administrator

PSN:
    HEISSTORMS
    Forgive me for some of the lack of follow-up. I have been admittedly burnt out with things for some time. It doesn't help that a while ago NRS began really pushing their Reddit page. It made me ask myself, "Um, did we do something wrong?"

Anyway, I've heard stories about Discord, but it still sounds like a mess... kinda like Facebook. Meaning, there are no forums... and little organization. I can't say too much because I do not use Discord. I have even thought about handing over the keys for TYM for some time... just being honest.

Perhaps in 20 years when NRS makes an announcement I'll plan to get another update (to our current forums) before all hell breaks loose.

Thanks to you and others for your feedback. Being real with me is very helpful, so thank you.

#stayrelevant

10. karaokelove

karaokelove Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

Steam:
    Karaokelove
    I totally agree about Discord. Forums are great because the information is static. If someone posts an awesome combo or tech, I know where to go to find it. But in Discord, everything gets lost in the madness. I have no idea why it's become so popular. I really hope it's just a fad and people will come to their senses.

aj1701, ChoseDeath, BurdaA and 3 others like this.
  11. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

WE GOT A REDDIT PAGE !?QUESTION MARK?! FUCK LOL

Mr. Storms, Uncle JBeezY has been here for a little over a year now. DAMN TIME FLIES! And honestly love the structure of this forum, and especially it's community. To keep it all the way live with you, YES there needs to be some adjustments.

I feel the media library can most definitely can be upgraded. We still have old KI tags for God's sake and nobody here plays that game or at least uploads any vids of that game.

Little things like character portraits just show that we still care about NRS community, even though we don't have any news from NRS.

I know Discord sounds like a mess, and yeah....it kinda can be, but id say at least try it out so you can see how it works. And maybe you can utilize some of the things you like about it, and implement those things here. Hell, I even started trying Discord and yeah....its not mostly for me. It's good for tech talk and getting in good with communities that actually want to improve in their gameplay, but we're that audience as well. We can definitely try to merge the good things about Discord into here.

BanTheTesters and STORMS like this.
  12. Obly

Obly Noob

New guy around here, but FWIW, I think the site is pretty great overall. A couple thoughts that occur to me, in no particular order...

- Agree with others, don't get rid of the status updates. It's nice to have mini stream-of-consciousness convos going on that may not rise to the level of a full thread, but are fun and give us more chances to see everyone's personality.

- Re: Discord, I've only used it in conjunction with some other games, so I don't know what the NRS scene is like, but it's only really felt useful when part of some kind of team/guild/alliance and you want to coordinate with your teammates, talk team strategy, chat and catch up, that kind of thing. I'd think it would be pretty lousy as a mass community discussion forum or clearinghouse for valuable game info, so I wouldn't give up those features here to become more like Discord. Maybe I'm totally missing the boat on what NRS players like about it though.

- The only features I wish TYM had more of would be places to collaborate on and archive valuable game info in an organized, easily accessible fashion. Discussion forums are great for asking questions, gathering input, having extended convos, etc., but pretty bad for archiving; who wants to come along later and slog through hundreds of posts in dozens of threads in the hope of finding useful info?

If TYM had places to store durable archives of info we users could collaborate on, that would be great. A current, active wiki; articles and/or blog posts from experienced/pro-level players; a place for contributed strategy guides... things like that.

But as I said, overall, great site!

STORMS and JBeezYBabY like this.
  13. 1man3letters

1man3letters Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
    Moderator Premium Supporter

No storms, not the blessed status update box, so much gold been posted in that over the years
    Am happy with way site is. When next MK game out id sure this place be a buzzing again.
    I hate discord for fg discussion/tech, just scrolling and scrolling, even with the subchannels its still pain in arse

Derwood1979 and STORMS like this.
  14. Ragnarök Tyr

Ragnarök Tyr Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    CxRagnarok
    Gave a 5 overall

15. JBeezYBabY

JBeezYBabY Mr. Righteous

What are your reasons?

16. Badboy Takuma

Premium Supporter

Forums and chat rooms are platforms that complement each other instead of competing.

JBeezYBabY likes this.
  17. Qwark28

Qwark28 Jacks off to good voice acting

PSN:
    BoP_Ruby
    XBL:
    Qwark28
    removing status updates would kill the site even more

was very surprised when i logged in after months and saw 3 online users lol

Espio, Tony at Home and JBeezYBabY like this.
  18. ReallyMontana

ReallyMontana Making Proper Adjustments

7. It’s informative, some cool people on here. Wish few people could lighten up & not be so serious all the time

Espio, EmperorP and JBeezYBabY like this.
  19. God Confirm

God Confirm We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

A big part of discord is the fact that most people looking for communities in 2018, are checking for Discords. After joining that community they branch out the extended forum or reddit. Whenever I have an off question about any game or topic, or looking for some matches, or anything involving a quick hook-up, Discord is always the fastest way. TYM dropped the ball hard on this a bit back. NRS is bigger than ever, but TYM is deader than ever, and the Reddit discord has 100x as many members as our one. I don't think all these things are coincidence. Googling MKX or injustice discord takes you to Reddit links. We promote our Discord to bring in new posters to the site. Our discord largely talks about the site anyway. It's sad to see so many people going elsewhere, don't want our forum to die, and I have a lot of ideas how to keep it alive but change has to be made

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    PLAYING TO WIN likes this.
  20. xInfra Deadx

xInfra Deadx Nope.

Three fries short of a happy meal.

New York Pizza likes this.
  21. LiangHuBBB

LiangHuBBB Noob

been here since MKX
    great site, great forum

BanTheTesters and karaokelove like this.
  22. Ragnarök Tyr

Ragnarök Tyr Premium Supporter
    Premium Supporter

PSN:
    CxRagnarok

A few reasons. From an operational standpoint the site works fine. Have rarely if ever had an issue loading pages or uploading content.

The spirit of the site however is something that I've felt has been lackluster even dating back to periods of MKX. As the "NRS Mecca" that TYM should be, I've found that the competitive nature of the site is lacking considerably.

Finding games, even dating back to MKX was essentially like pulling teeth. Discord, while less organized has resulted in faster match making and sharing of information. The same could be said for Twitter & even Facebook groups to a degree.

I don't have to look much further than numerous attempts to garner players from TYM for multiple streamed events, whether they be for MKX, Injustice 2 or even Injustice 1. The active player base just seems to have moved on to different mediums. The only TYM people I believe I've ever seen actually play in some of the posts has been Espio, Scarsunseen and occasionally Eldriken; and one of the former I've seen more active accessible on Twitter than anywhere else.

TYM at this point I'd consider some place to view Trollbait Discussion threads about "Pro Players & Their Arrogance," or "Sonic Fox vs gets stomped by NinjaKilla roflmao" or the occasional article posted about something going on in the scene. Which, while amusing at times, isn't something I'd really be looking for when it came to competing.

Everyone's experience is going to be different and I'm sure many are content with TYM and the information or substance it provides. I just wouldn't count myself among that collective. It's a large reason why I stopped posting as much here outside of a status update or an occasional word on the Soul Calibur sub forum.

23. Braindead

Braindead High-functioning Scrub
    Royal Contributor

Icefyre, Marlow and God Confirm like this.
  24. dribirut

dribirut BLAK FELOW
    Royal Contributor

Maybe I’m getting old (27) but I really don’t get why discord is so popular. Imo this type of format is superior in almost every way..

And I understand pushing reddit forum.. as long as they don’t stop support for this one..

karaokelove and aj1701 like this.
  25. I'll give it a 7 just because I'm not happy with some of the moderation. But it's people so...

EmperorP and JBeezYBabY like this.