Votes: 4 6.9%

Votes: 3 5.2%

Votes: 5 8.6%

Votes: 2 3.4%

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

ErmacMKX

Noob
How do you feel about the selection of characters so far?

For me I'd say its above average. MKX imo had a lot more interesting characters with Tremor and Triborg in addition to Predator and Alien. I've always been a fan of the ninja's and robots in the series so the cast so far has been underwhelming.

The only character I've been excited for was Spawn. Fujin is someone I never really cared for but he does seem interesting. I know Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Fujin and Sheeva have been requested characters so I'll give them props for including them.

Even though they did a good job with Joker, he's already in injustice and I hate repeated characters (just like when they include MK characters in Inj)

Terminator and Robocop are just boring characters and a waste of roster spots imo. Cyrax and Sektor should have taken their spots, though I'm still hoping they somehow make it.

Overall I give the DLC cast a 6/10. If Ash Williams is included in another Kombat Pack then I'm taking another point off unless the rest of the characters are classic MK ones that we actually want. There's too many guest characters in this game.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
A nice above-average 7.

1. Sindel is the queen. However, I dont care for her current gameplay style. Glad to have her around at least
  2. Nightwolf is a classic whom I played a decent bit in UMK3 (I'll get to him eventually in 11). Considering how boring he was in 9, I'm glad to see him revitalized in 11
  3. Shang is a badass and them bringing back Carey was a 11/10 move. He's even BETTER retroactively now with the story DLC
  4. Joker has been translated extremely well into MK11 which is exciting to see. Not the biggest fan of guests, but he was done well. Initial hype for him was extremely low for me, though
  5. Terminator may as well not exist to me. His gameplay style is the antithesis of what I like AND he's a movie icon I care little for. His players can eat all these fans, razor-rangs, and buzzsaws from full screen all day
  6. Spawn is a rootin tootin hellspawn edgelord in all the best ways. Don't care to play him, but god DAMN does he look amazing visually in this game. He's been hyped for ages to be included and I'm glad to see him here if only for those who are so happy to have him finally
  7. Fujin has been blue balled so hard for years having randomly shown up in MKX's story, written out of MKX's story out of nowhere as if he had never been there, datamined to potentially be coming for DLC in MKX then not coming, and then not being around whatsoever in MK11 except mentions of his death in intros. It's about damn time the cooler Earthrealm god made his playable debut in the modern trilogy. Also, I love air elemental powers and grayscale monochrome so he's peak aesthetic for me
  8. Sheeva is a guilty pleasure of mine as she's never had a playstyle I technically liked, but I've still enjoyed fucking around with her at times. Her integration into the baseline MK11 story was a pleasure to see as it helped flesh out Outworld and I'm excited to see what she brings moving forward
  9. Robocop better shoot someone in the dick. 10/10 if he does, 0/10 if he doesn't. Not super stoked for a fourth guest but whatever. Gimme them dick shots
My 7/10 rating will shoot up to a 9/10 if we do actually get to see Havik and Ashrah as that leak said. I highly doubt that's gunna happen, but I'd love to see it.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
(Not counting guest characters)

MKX had Goro, Tanya, Tremor, Bo Rai Cho and Triborg.

MK11 has (so far) Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, Fujin and Sheeva.

----

Goro and Tanya are really cool in my opinion. Tanya is one of the best characters in MKX.
Bo Rai Cho is... funny. I never committed seriously to this character. And while Tremor looks cool, he was a bit boring to me. Triborg is terrible.

On the other hand, MK11 has some of my most beloved characters like Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung and Fujin. Sindel is cool too, so I'm okay with her.
Nightwolf is kinda meh to me, but it's alright. It's nice to have Sheeva to, even if she's not among my favourites.

In comparison, MK11 had a much better cast.

All of them together is not a bad cast at all. Some villains and a nice mix of characters from MK3-MK4.

Tough to say. I think the characters' gameplay is good. There's a nice mix of different styles, and each implementation is really creative and faithful to the character. But I'm just not excited about the characters themselves for the most part. For the ones I like:

• Shao Khan is awesome, but unfortunately is the worst in terms of gameplay.
  • I was really stoked when Shang was announced with the movie actor.
  • For the guests, I really loved Spawn because I was a huge fan as a kid, and I'm a fan of the Terminator series, but I think in this game he's a little bland.
Everyone else though I just kinda shrugged about. I think they did the best possible job on him, but I am absolutely sick and fucking tired of the Joker as a character. Sindel, Nightwolf, Fujin, and Sheeva are all characters I think are just fine. RoboCop is such a weird choice. Definitely not pumped about him and he almost feels like a joke character.

I feel like they're trying too hard to make MK no longer just a game about ninjas and robots, but the ninjas and robots are fundamentally part of MK's identity. The franchise has always been self aware about how over-the-top it is, so I just kinda wished they embraced that more rather than making the series feel grounded. I think the DLC characters represent the only thing I don't really like about MK11's direction, which is a tendency to tone down the ridiculousness and make the characters feel realistic and conservative.

I think this extends to more than just the DLC character choices, but I wish aesthetically the game was just more extreme. More crazy-ass characters like Nitara, Havik, & Smoke, and cosmetics that are absolutely insane. Nothing gets me sleepy more quickly than some special forces character in street clothes, or a hero-type sorcerer-monk in generic monk-ish garb, so I wish the DLC characters were the complete antithesis of that.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Honestly I think the MK picks were pretty good. Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Sindel, and Sheeva for klassic Trilogy-era picks, plus we have Fujin who I've been waiting to return forever finally getting a chance to represent the 3D-era.

In terms of guests I think Spawn is really cool, Joker wasn't really needed 'cause we already have Injustice, and Terminator was weak because of uninspired moves and no Arnold voice. Don't get me wrong doing combos with him at release was fun but I just don't think he added a lot to the game. I still have mixed feelings about Robocop, I feel like he's just going to be Terminator 2.0 in this game, but who knows? Maybe he will be a lot more fun.

Overall I give the DLC choices an 8/10:
  • MK picks were nice.
  • Joker and Terminator are pretty meh guests.
  • Have mixed feelings about Robocop.
  • Still think it's better than MKX's DLC line-up TBH.
  • Wished we had one or two more 3D-era characters, though.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Seven

I think every single DLC character is a good pick, so I’m giving it a high rating. My knock off of three points is my biggest issue I have with the game itself, and that’s that none of them are super fun to me. I’ve played Terminator a lot and do pretty well with him but I don’t feel a push to keep using him. I have high hopes for the three announced today, at least. But yeah like I said, very solid picks in both MK characters and guests

If Ash was in it, solid 8 or 9 :) But I still have a little hope left that it isn’t too late

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I love Spawn, Shang, Sindel, and Nightwolf

Terminator was a cool idea, but he's super boring to play. Joker I don't hate but I would have preferred another mk character.

YES to fujin, alright to Sheeva, and meh to Robocop.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Night Wolf, Sindel, Joker, Spawn, Fujin, Sheeva YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs 10/10

Terminator- They skrewed him up 5-10 Would rather someone like Havic

BucketHead- I would rather so many more ACTUALLY RELEVENT CHARACTERS SUCH AS DOOM SLAYER-Michael MEYERS, SAW DOLL, PENNY WISE! NEGATIVE INFINITY
LAME design, Movies were slow and meh. I REALLY HOPE HIS GAMEPLAY IS FUN PLEASE DON"T TERMINATE HIM LIKE YOU DID TERMINATOR, NETHER REALM

Joker, Terminator, And Bucket Head are the 3 worst in the DLC Line up.
Would rather Doom slayer and Ash Williams as Guests

"But AERO, they both use simular tools!"

So? THEN
Sub Zero Has a slide, Why is noob saibot in?
Geras has Grappling moves, WHY is Night wolf or terminator in?
Completely Invalid Argument so don't try it on me.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Shang, Nightwolf, and Sindel are badass.
Fujin and Sheeva are great choices, look as good as the 3 above from what we have seen.
Joker was done very well, I love the character, but woulda rather not had a guest.
Spawn is highly requested but does nothing for me, Terminator is meh. Terminator 1 and 2 are cool movies, all of the others are trash, I don't know why he is such a popular character.
I'm not fuckin 50 so Robocop does nothing for me.

Kombat Pack 1 has been a 7/10 for me.

Carry Tagawa reprising the Shang Tsung role makes it an immediate 12/10. His knew moveset and design are top notch as well, especially the MK movie skin (even if it's not totally accurate lol).

Nightwolf was a rad return and his new design is easily the best he's ever had. His moveset is a little bland to me but he's good at what he does, so can't complain a whole lot thee. 8/10.

Joker was surprisingly great. The use of the dude in the wheelchair has me in stitches sometimes and he's the DC guest pick that makes the most sense considering how violent the character really is. 8/10.

Spawn was cool but just not for me. Sick design but he just felt too slow and unsafe for me. 7/10.

Terminator was pretty disappointing which sucked seeing as how Terminator 2 is one of my Top 3 movies ever. He's literally just Jason 2.0, so many of his animations are just reworked Jason ones. The thing that does it most for me is that it's actually Arnie being used as the model and has tons of fan service. 5/10.

Sindel is pretty meh. Her playstyle just doesn't do it for me and her whole character being a gold-digging, power hungry thot is insulting to her original timeline counterpart who had much more depth. 3/10.

Aftermath has the potential to be a 10/10 depending on how they handle the DLC characters story wise Sindel could go up a few points if they make her more redeemable and/or at least give her more reason to betray her entire realm.

Fujin has me hyped as fuck. His design is sick, his moveset is looking sick. The only thing that has/could bring him down for me is how he's used in the Aftermath story. Granted, he and Shang should have been part of the base roster to begin with but at least they're technically apart of the story now. Super keen for him to drop. 10/10.

Sheeva was surprisingly treated well given she was a NPC to start with. She felt semi-important in the story which is a first for the character and Shokan are always heavy hitting brutalizers, so I have hope for her moveset as well because that bit of her Fatal Blow we saw in the trailer hit HARD. 7/10.

Robocop is big sleep. Why? Who asked for this? I mean, I hope we're proven wrong and he ends up being fun but considering he's basically Terminator 2.0 that kinda makes him Jason 2.2? I dunno, I don't have a lot of hope for him but at the very least he'll get a chuckle out of me with movie quotes. 3/10.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It doesn't matter who they add as DLC if the gameplay is boring.

Shang Tsung is a 10/10 for me character-wise. He's absolute iconic and getting Cary Tagawa to portray him bumps that to 11/10. Gameplay-wise....he's boring as hell, like the entire cast.

Shao Kahn is my all-time favorite boss character. It's hard to even consider him as DLC, though, considering he was just content ready from day 1 that was marketed as the pre-order bonus. We won't even get into how weak he is.

Sindel, Nightwolf, Fujin, Sheeva are all absolutely welcome additions, but I fear Sheeva and Fujin will be boring....like the rest of the roster.

Spawn and Terminator would have been sick in MKX. In MK11 I have fun with a character for about 15 mins in practice and then just turn the game off. This has been the cycle for me since Shang Tsung was released.

I don't give two shits about new characters, stages or finishers. They're all nice additions, but I want a massive overhaul to the gameplay. I'm sure there are many that agree they won't be paying another $40 to play the same boring game.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
2/10. There are too many guest characters. The MK characters are good, but i would have preferred at least a few from the 3D era, such as Havik, Hotaru, Nitara, Li Mei, or Hsu Hao.

Shao Kahn, Sindel, Sheeva, Shang Tsung, Nightwolf, Fujin >>> Bo Rai Cho, Tanya, Goro, Tremor, Triborg. In fact Goro was the only one in X I give two craps about.

So for MK characters, 11 beats X in every way.

It's the guest characters that I'm mixed on. Alien and Predator are awesome, as are Joker and Spawn. The others (Terminator, Jason, Leatherface and Robocop) I find pretty boring.

To me it's a 9/10, nearly perfect. Definitely beats out any previous MK's DLC line-up. Even the guests, which I hated in all the other games except for the Predator. So happy I like Terminator & Robocop for nostalgia reasons and Spawn & Joker are just crazy cool to play with. The only few negative points are:
  1. Sindel retcon
  2. Nightwolf kind of meh helmet and retcon
  3. All the Fatal Blows save for Spawn
  4. heavy ninja focus for Shang
  5. no Schwarzenegger for Terminator
  6. lack of skins
All in all, I like all the MK choices and they went above and beyond to please us with getting the voices, likeliness for guest characters and Shang, also make them all unique. Cannot wait for Aftermath, bringing back Fujin like this as well as Sheeva with story content is just aces. On the whole DLC is a 10/10 just based on timespan, all the content we get and actual character choices. The negatives would lead to a 7/8 if it wasn't for liking the characters and how they nail the gameplay for each one, except Terminator.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I’d rate it a 7.

Guest characters are an inevitability. Their appearance will never cease, it’s time people learn to accept this fact. I’ve said this many times, but make no mistake. NRS is a business, and guest characters are very good for business. So I have zero issues with their inclusions, it also adds an element of fun personally. Within reason, NRS can snag up any guest character they get the rights for. Moving forward, that is undoubtedly exciting.

As far as the MK characters, NRS has done a decent job with their selections. For me, Nightwolf was the greatest addition to MK11. He’s in my top 3 of my most favorite MK characters of all time. Sheeva has always been this massive, thicc woman who despite her looks has always been slightly underwhelming as far as her effectiveness in MK games. I’m positive she will not suffer the same plight that she has suffered in previous iterations. Sindel has always been a character that isn’t over the top broken, but also never terrible. Her design allows her to never be a “bad” character. But it also means she may never be a top tier character, which I’m okay with that. Shang Tsung was the first villain we saw in the MK universe. His inclusion was well executed and much needed. Although I am not a Fujin fan like a lot of you, it’s because I didn’t take the 3D MK games seriously, at all. But he has been a clear fan favorite for as long as I can remember. And also has been requested to be in an NRS game since MK9. Shao Kahn is technically a DLC character. Another fan favorite of course. Unfortunately he is a bit underwhelming in MK11, but glad he was included.

With all that said, there are a few characters that I felt would have been better suited to be a DLC MK character. Human Smoke is obviously one of those characters. Same with Ermac. And there’s a few others, but I’m not complaining. Not everyone will be able to be pleased. Not everyone has the same favorite characters.

After taking all of this into consideration, I feel my rating of a 7 is fair.

Afumba

Noob
I give it a 6 for KP1.... would be a five if Shang and Sindel wouldnt be awesome. Guests are inevitable but half the KP guests is pathetic in my opinion so that lowers the rating for me.
If we had another good MK character instead of Terminator i had given it an 8.

With Aftermath it might get up to a 7 depending on how well made Fujin and Sheeva are. Including a guest character in an add on is beyond ridiculous though so matter how good they are it would push past 7 for me.

If KP2 has 3 guests again it goes back to at least 6 no matter what.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I give a 5 for all the DLC character including Fujin and Sheeva.

Sindel save KP1 for me. She's better then ever in MK11 and Shang Tsung and Nightwolf are really good additions even if their gameplay doesn't satisfy me.
I'm absolutely against guest character, with all of my soul and heart and I only found Spawn slightly tolerable.
Terminator is the definition of "meh" and Joker, I want to know who gave the idea of putting this idiot in a MK game to spit in his face. A real shame.

Then we have Fujin and Sheeva, with Aftermath. Can't wait for them and hope they are really good.
Robocop is... I have no words to define how it's possible to have Robocop in an MK game.

In general, without guest, DLC are always a 10/10 but guests happen and so... f... you NRS and WB.

Can't believe that we don't have another ninja or one of the cyborg.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
A nice above-average 7.

1. Sindel is the queen. However, I dont care for her current gameplay style. Glad to have her around at least
  2. Nightwolf is a classic whom I played a decent bit in UMK3 (I'll get to him eventually in 11). Considering how boring he was in 9, I'm glad to see him revitalized in 11
  3. Shang is a badass and them bringing back Carey was a 11/10 move. He's even BETTER retroactively now with the story DLC
  4. Joker has been translated extremely well into MK11 which is exciting to see. Not the biggest fan of guests, but he was done well. Initial hype for him was extremely low for me, though
  5. Terminator may as well not exist to me. His gameplay style is the antithesis of what I like AND he's a movie icon I care little for. His players can eat all these fans, razor-rangs, and buzzsaws from full screen all day
  6. Spawn is a rootin tootin hellspawn edgelord in all the best ways. Don't care to play him, but god DAMN does he look amazing visually in this game. He's been hyped for ages to be included and I'm glad to see him here if only for those who are so happy to have him finally
  7. Fujin has been blue balled so hard for years having randomly shown up in MKX's story, written out of MKX's story out of nowhere as if he had never been there, datamined to potentially be coming for DLC in MKX then not coming, and then not being around whatsoever in MK11 except mentions of his death in intros. It's about damn time the cooler Earthrealm god made his playable debut in the modern trilogy. Also, I love air elemental powers and grayscale monochrome so he's peak aesthetic for me
  8. Sheeva is a guilty pleasure of mine as she's never had a playstyle I technically liked, but I've still enjoyed fucking around with her at times. Her integration into the baseline MK11 story was a pleasure to see as it helped flesh out Outworld and I'm excited to see what she brings moving forward
  9. Robocop better shoot someone in the dick. 10/10 if he does, 0/10 if he doesn't. Not super stoked for a fourth guest but whatever. Gimme them dick shots
My 7/10 rating will shoot up to a 9/10 if we do actually get to see Havik and Ashrah as that leak said. I highly doubt that's gunna happen, but I'd love to see it.
I agree with this 100%. I had some fun with terminator but thinking about how him and robocop are taking slots from cyrax sektor reptile and ermac is weak.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think the character design in this game is freaking awesome, they really did a good job on that front. I have no worry about the new chars, even if Robocop is not who we wanted, it's clear that they spent a lot of time bringing him to life in their game and he's gonna look and feel great. It's just a bit unfortunate that the gameplay lacks, and I just mean that variations are too simple and some greatly outshine others.

I know it sounds trivial, but adding stage fatalities, classic stages, and friendships is NRS listening to the fanbase and it's important, and yet people are still shitting on them for giving us what we've been asking for. Like I get it, you may not like the game but at this point, some people are just bitching to bitch.

Give praise where it's due.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
9/10

joker sucks.... no 2019 and 2008 movie skins ? lacks more psycho movies instead of violent cartoon moves ....

next DLC pack (3 chars) will be 9,5/10

Sheeva is 50/50

a lot of people here seems to have forgot how long we waited to have SpawN and Fujin in this game and we got terminator and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa Shang. 10/10 for me.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Wanna give it to 10 because of Shang Tsung, Nightwolf and Sindel.

Wanna give it to 0 because of RoboCop.

it is confusing to me. Nice marketing strategy. You couldn't hate completely and you couldn't love too. So you have to buy somehow.