What's new

Question - Shirai Ryu Rate my Takeda play!!

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
http://www.twitch.tv/insaynne/b/675228986

Sorry it's not YouTube guys. Anyway it's my Takeda play against coach Steve's commando kano.

My matches are the first set he plays so if u just start the vid from the beginning we should start playing soon.

I'm open to all critque about neutral game and what not.

A few things id like to point out:

Random full screen b1s were botched kunai inputs.

The matches weren't horribly laggy but there were a few bad spikes.

Kano match up sucks in the corner lol

Anyways, critque away! And feel free to post ur vids for critque.

@st9rm @Immortal Kombat @YOMI Zyphox @RedRaptor10 @HomeLee1121 @StealthyMuffin @gpmoney

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
Hey @EMPEROR PRYCE,

Regarding the first match (all I was able to watch at the moment), it seems that you were doing something I did alot and had to try hard to get out of the habbit of...That is playing the small game.. Looking for guaranteed small strings/combos without using EXs unless it was a muscle memory string (B21 EX Spear as an example)...

As a Takeda Shirai Ryu player I can understand how keeping bars in the pocket for emergencies (like being corner trapped) could come in useful, but there were many times where you could have full combo punished but only settled on kunais.... (I saw a few B3's that was consistently hitting but no combo coming out of it)

I know usually you have to pre commit to the EXs in order to start the combo, but I also know half the battle is muscle memory as well... I've noticed more and more lately, that matches I've lost is not because my technique was off, but more so because I wasnt taking advantage of my openings (specifically wasnt doing enough high combo damage because I was afraid to waste my EXs).

Once again, this is only a critique of your first match, so there wasnt much for me to see regarding your trends/habbits ect, but I will try to watch some more matches sooner than later... Which brings me to my next point:

Coming from personal experience regarding looking for feedback and posting raw footage (in your case 2 hours of gameplay) it is very daunting task for the viewing (the person providing feedback) to watch alot of the footage unedited or without any specific guidlines (trust me i've been in your shoes before and on your side it can be disheartening when you truly are looking for feedback)...

My suggestion (although more work is required on your end) is two things:

1) Did any specific matches/matchups come to mind where you wanted feedback? You can use Twitch's built in highlight tool to show only those matches then export (using Twitch's export tool) to put them on YouTube (to be able to embed them directly in the thread itself)... This way the users viewing can get a few matches to see which is less daunting and can provide feedback quicker...

2) If you cannot/do not want to go through all that, I suggest atleast labeling the video feeds themselves... Here is an example of how I used to do my long broadcasts:

3-0 vs D'vorah (Venemous) - {XBL: Gamertag} - @1:49
1-0 vs Jax (Pumped Up) - {XBL: Gamertag} - @10:03
2-0 vs Raiden (Thunder God) - {XBL: Gamertag} - @17:09
1-0 vs Kano (Cutthroat) - {XBL: Gamertag} - @26:49
3-2 vs Quan Chi (Summoner) - {XBL: Gamertag} - @30:16
1-0 vs Tanya (Dragon Naginata) - {XBL: Gamertag} - @47:21

This way, you can explain which matches you want us to watch and show exact timestamps...

Hope this helps! And keep up the training! Don't get discouraged :)..

Last edited:

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Thank you for tagging me. I'll watch as soon as I can do so on laptop. Archives don't seem to show up on insaynnes page through android

st9rm

viennality.com
@st9rm still wanting to check this out??
didnt watch everything, but your takeda seems very good
just don't try to break, if you don't have to - rather safe your meter for high damage combos and ofc for stamina/backdashes etc
also try to optimize your combos => if you get the njp, go for b1xxtele 112 spear for 29% meterless
if i hit the opponent in the corner with ex fist flurry, i try to leave him in the corner, by going for ex fist flurry njp jump 1 44 xx spear

all in all, very solid takeda man :)

(what i've learned from france is, that i personally shouldnt be jumping too much and shouldn't rely on the air spears, since they're super unsafe)