Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Bruh, stick with Doomsday scrub

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
My main is Doomsday, but when the game first came out I mained Black Adam. Not because he was top tier, but because I thought he was really cool and was a badass. Since Injustice was my first real fighting game I tried to get good at(cause other games learning curves were way beyond I was ever going to reach), I had issues with characters who jumped alot (ie. Batman's j2 and Deathstroke's j3) after the back dash nerf. I couldn't adjust. Before I could back dash and I would be fine, but now I had to push block or be stuck in a infinite. So later I picked up Doomsday, mostly for his AA grab. I do well with him and so I stuck with him. Since I have a better understanding of the game and I leveled up considerably, I wanted to try my hands on Black Adam once more. This is on ps4 and the players are not the best, but if you can give me some tips and tricks for me, that would be awesome.

@Clark Luthor and if you know anyone else I can tag, that would help me out. I don't know any Black Adam players

Disclaimer: I do have to continue working on my combos, right now they are very inconsistant and I drop a ton. When you see 11, jump. That's me trying to 11 Trait. Bare with me and try not to grill me too hard.

Last edited:

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
New 52 costume- yesss!
I think you're getting a good handle on him, just learn what to use as punishers, and what not. Say, like against Shazam- whenever he hit you with his B23 (the shoulder charge string), you tried your b23 and he blocked, if you would've done 11 after that- free full combo punish.
Get comfortable with is main combo string starters- B2, 11, 22 (all trait cancelable), which can all lead to big damage and you'll find your BA game improving.
Now since this is online, I'm not sure of the connection/lag issues. Personally, as an Adam main, even I find BA hard to use online (both PSN and Xbox live connections) so a lot of my punish tips and combo suggestions may not be the best. I play 98% offline with training partners.
Play patient and wait for whiffs- Adam can whiff punish most things for full combo and get 39-48% damage, can't sleep on him.
Also, his D2 is way better than most think. It's just so stubby and quick, you would think it sucks. Just go into training mode and practice D2 different characters and their jump attacks (like Batman and DS). Some will be much harder than others but at least you'll get a feel.
Combo off D2- (after D2ing a jump-in) D2-trait-B3-j3-B23U1+3, I believe it's 39%, all meterless.
You can also do easy mode and do D2-11-Black Magic-B23U1+3, and it's 21-25% I think.

Dash up grab is a good trick, too. Adam's grab is very fast and most people (especially online) may not react fast enough. D1 grab works well, too. Mix that in with D1-Palpatine, just practice timing the grab after the D1.
D1-trait will catch players sleeping sometimes so you can B23 them or get a 11 off. For some reason they start ducking after the D1 trait, Idk why. Mess with it, at least you have the advantage after trait for more pressure if they're smart and do block high.

Also, all these strings give you a free grab opportunity after trait cancelling and the opponent is still blocking:
11xtrait-grab
22xtrait-grab OR try 22xtraitx22-grab
B2xtrait-grab
-all of these get you around 22% with the trait damage, easy way to get some damage on your opponent.

And if you have trouble hitting the B3 consistently after MB Lightning Cage, you can instead do: MB cage-11xtrait-B23U1+3 for 39%. You need trait for the full damage (you can do 11-black magic-dash up-B23.. for less damage if you have no trait) but it's an easier confirm than B3. Just a thought. I use it a lot if I think I'll mess up the B3.
In the corner, this is actually the one I use (if the cage keeps the opponent in the corner): MB Cage- 11xtrait-11-Black Magic-B23..(U1+3 or U2 ender).

In the corner- end with B23U2 for a cross-up MB boot stomp opportunity (has to be a quick boot stomp after they're knocked down), just be careful of certain wake-ups.
Also in the corner- end with the 13 string, then his F3 will cross-up for free. Again, be wary of wake-ups. You can MB the F3 at your discretion.

These are all just some quick tips and tricks I'd suggest. I'm not going to post all of the BNB combos you can use, unless you need some new ideas- let me know and I'll post a set of my mid and corner go-to's.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
I dont play a lot of black adam but after a blocked back23 do a down 1 lightning hands. Once conditioned do another back23 after the blocked one for a full combo. You can even cancel back 2 into lightning orb and do a grab or another back 23. Sometimes after i finish a combo i end it with the back23 up 2 instead so i can get a crossup jump 2 or a fake crossup.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
I dont play a lot of black adam but after a blocked back23 do a down 1 lightning hands. Once conditioned do another back23 after the blocked one for a full combo. You can even cancel back 2 into lightning orb and do a grab or another back 23. Sometimes after i finish a combo i end it with the back23 up 2 instead so i can get a crossup jump 2 or a fake crossup.
What this guy said!! Good stuff right here.

Blocked B23 into an immediate D1-Palpatine CANNOT be poked out of. This is your big conditioner. Expand on follow-ups once the opponent starts respecting it, like Energy said.
Also, if they start back dashing after a blocked B23- Adam can insta-air far dive kick for a punish and full combo. This is tough, but a great tool and a really good equalizer. Make the opponent feel helpless. Granted, the insta-kick is tough at first and you need meter, but it's still worth having in your arsenal.
If they back dash after the blocked B23 and you don't dive kick, try dash up grab. It's a little risky but still a good option. Test your opponent's reactions.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I'll take a look as soon as I can (when I get off work in a few hours) I'm technically on ps4 even though I can't use a pad to save my life, we can play sometime

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
Im no black adam main, but i saw a lot of dropped combos and potential punishes. It also seems like you dont have faith in 11 xx 4 or black magic as a combo starter/punish string. I would also practice converting off of mb lightning cage and mb dive kick because you left sone heavy damage on the table by not converting off of those. And 1 more thing, when you do 22b1, do j1 far dive kick instead of j2 far duve kuck it's much easier to hit and you still get meterless damage in the mid 40s range. All this being said, you have potential, you just need to start getting consistent with your execution

protools27

Rebel without a scene
Having played your BA he's pretty good. Great spacing and super clutch with all his zoning tools. I would say just work on getting max damage out of all your combos and punishes. BA has some pretty good damage output but sometimes I feel like your not using the most optimal highly damaging combos. I would also check out some of Rico sauves recent tourney matches. He does some cool trait grab/F3 mix ups that are awesome.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
New 52 costume- yesss!
I think you're getting a good handle on him, just learn what to use as punishers, and what not. Say, like against Shazam- whenever he hit you with his B23 (the shoulder charge string), you tried your b23 and he blocked, if you would've done 11 after that- free full combo punish.
Get comfortable with is main combo string starters- B2, 11, 22 (all trait cancelable), which can all lead to big damage and you'll find your BA game improving.
Now since this is online, I'm not sure of the connection/lag issues. Personally, as an Adam main, even I find BA hard to use online (both PSN and Xbox live connections) so a lot of my punish tips and combo suggestions may not be the best. I play 98% offline with training partners.
Play patient and wait for whiffs- Adam can whiff punish most things for full combo and get 39-48% damage, can't sleep on him.
Also, his D2 is way better than most think. It's just so stubby and quick, you would think it sucks. Just go into training mode and practice D2 different characters and their jump attacks (like Batman and DS). Some will be much harder than others but at least you'll get a feel.
Combo off D2- (after D2ing a jump-in) D2-trait-B3-j3-B23U1+3, I believe it's 39%, all meterless.
You can also do easy mode and do D2-11-Black Magic-B23U1+3, and it's 21-25% I think.

Dash up grab is a good trick, too. Adam's grab is very fast and most people (especially online) may not react fast enough. D1 grab works well, too. Mix that in with D1-Palpatine, just practice timing the grab after the D1.
D1-trait will catch players sleeping sometimes so you can B23 them or get a 11 off. For some reason they start ducking after the D1 trait, Idk why. Mess with it, at least you have the advantage after trait for more pressure if they're smart and do block high.

Also, all these strings give you a free grab opportunity after trait cancelling and the opponent is still blocking:
11xtrait-grab
22xtrait-grab OR try 22xtraitx22-grab
B2xtrait-grab
-all of these get you around 22% with the trait damage, easy way to get some damage on your opponent.

And if you have trouble hitting the B3 consistently after MB Lightning Cage, you can instead do: MB cage-11xtrait-B23U1+3 for 39%. You need trait for the full damage (you can do 11-black magic-dash up-B23.. for less damage if you have no trait) but it's an easier confirm than B3. Just a thought. I use it a lot if I think I'll mess up the B3.
In the corner, this is actually the one I use (if the cage keeps the opponent in the corner): MB Cage- 11xtrait-11-Black Magic-B23..(U1+3 or U2 ender).

In the corner- end with B23U2 for a cross-up MB boot stomp opportunity (has to be a quick boot stomp after they're knocked down), just be careful of certain wake-ups.
Also in the corner- end with the 13 string, then his F3 will cross-up for free. Again, be wary of wake-ups. You can MB the F3 at your discretion.

These are all just some quick tips and tricks I'd suggest. I'm not going to post all of the BNB combos you can use, unless you need some new ideas- let me know and I'll post a set of my mid and corner go-to's.
Thanks Alot man! I definitely didn't know what his punishing strings are, 11 seems too short to punish but I will try more of that, for the MB cage I have been doing 11 trait and I'm getting better with that, just that sometimes online trait doesn't come out so I end up dropping it. For the meter less version I do 112 lighting strike or lighting hands to push them back farther. Would 11 black magic b23 ender give me a better benefit mid screen? So lately my bnb string would be b2 trait 22b1 black magic b23 ender, for consistant damage but I lose alot of potential damage. I have been trying j1 and I get that more consistant, but did you say it doesnt work on everyone well? I can't remeber on top of my head. I think I got the grasp of him again I just need to practice his higher execution stuff and I would be ok.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Im no black adam main, but i saw a lot of dropped combos and potential punishes. It also seems like you dont have faith in 11 xx 4 or black magic as a combo starter/punish string. I would also practice converting off of mb lightning cage and mb dive kick because you left sone heavy damage on the table by not converting off of those. And 1 more thing, when you do 22b1, do j1 far dive kick instead of j2 far duve kuck it's much easier to hit and you still get meterless damage in the mid 40s range. All this being said, you have potential, you just need to start getting consistent with your execution
I definitely appreciate the criticism. I do try 11 4 just sometimes with the online I think I mash it so it doesn't come out all the time, so a j2 or a standing 3 ends up coming out (for b23 string) so I don't drop it, but it happens any way :(. I have been getting more constant converting off of mb cage, just need to keep practicing on that. With my Mb dive kick, it's just hard haha, but for the most part when I do buffer the dash I can hit it consistently. Its just a lot of hand movement I'm not used too. Thanks again man!

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
Thanks Alot man! I definitely didn't know what his punishing strings are, 11 seems too short to punish but I will try more of that, for the MB cage I have been doing 11 trait and I'm getting better with that, just that sometimes online trait doesn't come out so I end up dropping it. For the meter less version I do 112 lighting strike or lighting hands to push them back farther. Would 11 black magic b23 ender give me a better benefit mid screen? So lately my bnb string would be b2 trait 22b1 black magic b23 ender, for consistant damage but I lose alot of potential damage. I have been trying j1 and I get that more consistant, but did you say it doesnt work on everyone well? I can't remeber on top of my head. I think I got the grasp of him again I just need to practice his higher execution stuff and I would be ok.
Test out 11 punishes with different characters. It's stubby, but it'll hit more than you think it would. Always try 22 and B2, as well.
And the 11xTrait timing after MB Cage can be tricky online, nothing you can do there. Yes- for better set-up, use 11-Black Magic-B23+ender.
Be careful with 22b1 into Black Magic, that's not really consistent on hitting (at least offline).

Here's some easy, meterless, mid-screen, B2xTrait conversions that should be doable online:
B2xTrait-22b1-dash forward-11-Black Magic-dash f.-B23+ender, that should net you around 40+ damage. **1-meter: Change 11-BM into 112-MB Black magic-dash f. It's only 1-2% more damage, though.
B2xTrait-112-Black Magic-dash forward-B23+Ender (this one's super easy mode)
B2xTrait-22-Black Magic-B3-J3-B23+Enter, this one's around 37-41%, depending on your ender. Super simple, not that optimal but to me- it's online optimal.
**Insert 11xTrait or 22xTrait as a starter for all of these. But B2 generally nets the most damage, usually 2-3% more.

Here's two B23 conversions that you should be able to hit:
1-Meter (a standard BNB of mine off B23)
B23-11xTrait-22b1-MB Black Magic-dash forward-B23U1+3 (or 2, for corner set-up) 44%
B23-112-MB Black Magic-hit Trait-dash forward-B23U1+3 (old school BNB, easy mode) 39%
--For this one, use if your trait isn't back in time for 11xTrait right after the B23, that's the only time I'll ever use it b/c of the damage difference. You have a good amount of time to wait for trait before you hit your B23 ender in this one.
-B23-11 is one of the hardest online confirms for me, though, next to MB dive kick-dash-11. The opponent will be at BA's belt when you hit the 11.

Here's meterless options that are solid 30+% damage:
B23-11-Black Magic-Dash Forward-B23+ender ~32%
B23-11xTrait-B23+Ender, ~36-39%, depending on the ender

Here's a 11 punisher that is 43% but, IMO, kind of tough to confirm (I doubt I could ever hit it online, it gives me trouble offline sometimes):
11xTrait-B23-11-Black Magic-dash forward-B23U1+3
--it's the 11-BM-Dash-B23 section that I find myself dropping a lot. The 11-BM has to be hit as early as possible after the first B23, I find.