What's new

Match Footage Rate my BANE!

JavierDavila

ALWAYS an uphill battle...
A month ago I made the same post on the Zod forums, just to get two replies, one mocking me and the other one was actually helpful. Lately I have rekindled my love affair with Bane, so I thought you guys may be able to help me with some advice!

I imputed the wrong move on the last second of the fight !!!

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
I'll do this match by match.

Vs WW:
number one thing about bane, dont ever ever ever ever EVER ever ever charge from full screen! Its the quickest way to lose a match, and its the calling card of scrub banes everywhere. You should have lost that match, but that WW missed his punish(I actually have come across that same WW in ranked enough to know his gamertag so he really shouldnt have missed his punish, thats disappointing to see). Dont just use the Vupper as a get out of jail free card, and be able to react with it to waste as little meter as possible(by that I mean the move can be MB late, so you can react to what the opponent does after they block it. At :30 you could have done a late MB and popped her right out of that preemptive b2 punish). Be a little more patient on wake up. At :37 you get a knockdown with Vupper that the opponent doesnt tech roll so you go in to do an armored double punch on wake up. You do the double punch too early and punch at invincible frames, then get punished by a wake up that leads into nice damage combo. This should never happen, but is a little difficult to get around because if you had paused and waited to input double punch she would have hit you mid input with the wake up. There are a few ways bane players have found to get around that. First you can do an option select(examples are d2xxVupper, B2xxbodypress, ect)where the normal whiffs as the invincible frames start but before the move is active, and the armored special is canceled into while the move is active eating the hit while punishing the opponent. The next is by buffering your move during dash, so you can stall out your body press to land after they lose their invincible frames yet your armor stays active. Both are very very very important to bane play. Starting at 1:13 really nice use of the d2 poke and nice job catching that backdash with b2! The b2 on wake up was risky as fuck because you were on debuff and wake up lasso spin would have punished the fuck out of you, but sometimes you gotta play dangerously(also nobody really expects a debuff bane to be goin in on them with an advancing normal). I really like the combo you did, but I dont like that you ended in MB body press instead of regular body press. The debuff would have timed out anyway so you just wasted meter for like 5 damage, contrary to popular belief meter is very important to bane. If he always has two bars of meter he can easily crank out a 70+ on a successful jump in. After you land the MBBodypress you complete the hat trick with two more body presses in a row, now thats how a man plays the game. Nice reads. just like recked said you should use F2D much much more in level three, its amazing on wake up. If you had used that to follow up those command grabs it would have broken her super armor so that yolo shit would have failed. To finish again I have to say because that should have been the end of the match, dont charge full screen. If dude didnt miss his punish(he air dashed back for some reason) you would have lost. Overall good match, throw d1 in a little more.

Vs Zod(not going to write as much, just follow up on similarities I saw in both matches)
It was probably an input error, but after you land your first b2 after you hit with the opening d2 you didnt follow up with a special for extra damage. Then when you still had venom up on a knockdown you did jump back 3 instead of what I assume was supposed to be body press(this happens to me when I rush my body press and dont buffer it so its just an assumption from personal experience). There are a few times where you do a raw Vupper, but dont MB it on whiff to keep your opponent from preemptively charging in to hit you. Im not sure if you played bane before patch and didnt know he was changed or what, but in those situations you have to MB Vupper on whiff:)39). Even if your opponent doesnt end up going in for a preemptive punish, they will see that and respect that you can do an armored drop kick on block and whiff now. Gives you a few more second to recover. Really like the blocked b23 into 113 pressure at around 1:10, pays off. Around 1:27 an option select would have let you do the move you wanted to do, and beat that wake up in case he did it Around 1:44 you MB the Vupper and go immediately into a full screen charge, NO. Vupper gives you at least a free dash its best to take that then block. You have lots of quick armor to shrug the zod trait off if read properly. This match could have been won if you punished zod just waking up a few times(especially at the end)during the match. Also I see you with that MB b3 attempt at the end, but sadly you were just outside of enough meter for it. I really dont like to use MB b3's on anything but knockdowns since it takes soo long to get out(you will get hit twice and armor broken a buuuunch just throwing that out in neutral), mb f3 is much better in the neutral game.

Vs Lobo
Not much to say on this one. Completely forget what I said about you possibly not knowing you can MB Vupper on whiff/block because you did it a shit ton here and it always payed off. Still too much charging. Vs lobo you can NJ body splash on knockdown and avoid his hook charge wake up if he does that, and apply free pressure if he blocks(not to mention highest combo damage if he gets hit by the jump in.

Overall:
Your banes not bad at all, you definitely understand how the character is supposed to be played. Your debuff defense is actually better than most banes. I would d1 more, and also cancel d1/d2 into things(just not air grab, if they just block d2 then your fucked). Learn the option selects and use them, learn how to use background bounces, use body splash more while sprinkling in j2 for certain situations, and maybe(not completely necessary)find the optimal damage you can get in all the situations you frequently find yourself in(like whats the most damage you can get off a d2).

JavierDavila

ALWAYS an uphill battle...
I'll do this match by match.

Vs WW:
number one thing about bane, dont ever ever ever ever EVER ever ever charge from full screen! Its the quickest way to lose a match, and its the calling card of scrub banes everywhere. You should have lost that match, but that WW missed his punish(I actually have come across that same WW in ranked enough to know his gamertag so he really shouldnt have missed his punish, thats disappointing to see). Dont just use the Vupper as a get out of jail free card, and be able to react with it to waste as little meter as possible(by that I mean the move can be MB late, so you can react to what the opponent does after they block it. At :30 you could have done a late MB and popped her right out of that preemptive b2 punish). Be a little more patient on wake up. At :37 you get a knockdown with Vupper that the opponent doesnt tech roll so you go in to do an armored double punch on wake up. You do the double punch too early and punch at invincible frames, then get punished by a wake up that leads into nice damage combo. This should never happen, but is a little difficult to get around because if you had paused and waited to input double punch she would have hit you mid input with the wake up. There are a few ways bane players have found to get around that. First you can do an option select(examples are d2xxVupper, B2xxbodypress, ect)where the normal whiffs as the invincible frames start but before the move is active, and the armored special is canceled into while the move is active eating the hit while punishing the opponent. The next is by buffering your move during dash, so you can stall out your body press to land after they lose their invincible frames yet your armor stays active. Both are very very very important to bane play. Starting at 1:13 really nice use of the d2 poke and nice job catching that backdash with b2! The b2 on wake up was risky as fuck because you were on debuff and wake up lasso spin would have punished the fuck out of you, but sometimes you gotta play dangerously(also nobody really expects a debuff bane to be goin in on them with an advancing normal). I really like the combo you did, but I dont like that you ended in MB body press instead of regular body press. The debuff would have timed out anyway so you just wasted meter for like 5 damage, contrary to popular belief meter is very important to bane. If he always has two bars of meter he can easily crank out a 70+ on a successful jump in. After you land the MBBodypress you complete the hat trick with two more body presses in a row, now thats how a man plays the game. Nice reads. just like recked said you should use F2D much much more in level three, its amazing on wake up. If you had used that to follow up those command grabs it would have broken her super armor so that yolo shit would have failed. To finish again I have to say because that should have been the end of the match, dont charge full screen. If dude didnt miss his punish(he air dashed back for some reason) you would have lost. Overall good match, throw d1 in a little more.

Vs Zod(not going to write as much, just follow up on similarities I saw in both matches)
It was probably an input error, but after you land your first b2 after you hit with the opening d2 you didnt follow up with a special for extra damage. Then when you still had venom up on a knockdown you did jump back 3 instead of what I assume was supposed to be body press(this happens to me when I rush my body press and dont buffer it so its just an assumption from personal experience). There are a few times where you do a raw Vupper, but dont MB it on whiff to keep your opponent from preemptively charging in to hit you. Im not sure if you played bane before patch and didnt know he was changed or what, but in those situations you have to MB Vupper on whiff:)39). Even if your opponent doesnt end up going in for a preemptive punish, they will see that and respect that you can do an armored drop kick on block and whiff now. Gives you a few more second to recover. Really like the blocked b23 into 113 pressure at around 1:10, pays off. Around 1:27 an option select would have let you do the move you wanted to do, and beat that wake up in case he did it Around 1:44 you MB the Vupper and go immediately into a full screen charge, NO. Vupper gives you at least a free dash its best to take that then block. You have lots of quick armor to shrug the zod trait off if read properly. This match could have been won if you punished zod just waking up a few times(especially at the end)during the match. Also I see you with that MB b3 attempt at the end, but sadly you were just outside of enough meter for it. I really dont like to use MB b3's on anything but knockdowns since it takes soo long to get out(you will get hit twice and armor broken a buuuunch just throwing that out in neutral), mb f3 is much better in the neutral game.

Vs Lobo
Not much to say on this one. Completely forget what I said about you possibly not knowing you can MB Vupper on whiff/block because you did it a shit ton here and it always payed off. Still too much charging. Vs lobo you can NJ body splash on knockdown and avoid his hook charge wake up if he does that, and apply free pressure if he blocks(not to mention highest combo damage if he gets hit by the jump in.

Overall:
Your banes not bad at all, you definitely understand how the character is supposed to be played. Your debuff defense is actually better than most banes. I would d1 more, and also cancel d1/d2 into things(just not air grab, if they just block d2 then your fucked). Learn the option selects and use them, learn how to use background bounces, use body splash more while sprinkling in j2 for certain situations, and maybe(not completely necessary)find the optimal damage you can get in all the situations you frequently find yourself in(like whats the most damage you can get off a d2).
You don't know how much I appreciate your very detailed reply! I will definitely work on the things you pointed out, thanks !!!

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
RYX, you have the best Bane in all of Injustice, don't listen to the haters!

Disclaimer, I have never played, nor even heard of RYX until right now. I don't think he knows who I am as well, and frankly, I'd be a little scared if he did. And you on PSN? A friend of mine has a real nasty Bane (just came in third in his first tourney) and we aren't above helping newcomers

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Needs F2D, D1, and JD3 (da splash) more to mixup your starters and make you less scoutable. Your defense seems solid and you are dashing up properly to get in. A little heavy on the D2 and Raging Charge for my tastes though but at least you space them well. Also Double Punch is pretty safe so feel free to mix it up in there too.