What's new

/Rant: I've played M2dave so I can beat you.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
Hearing this makes my blood boil. I get tired of hearing it from online people or offline at tourneys/casuals. I look at it like this A. just because you played m2dave and got bodied by his on-point zoning game, DOES NOT mean you know the freddy match-up. also, B. Just because you have played dave doesnt mean you've played against a rushdown freddy player such as myself. Then, when I proceed to body said people, their excuse is " I respected your freddy too much" or "you got lucky with those 50/50 mix-ups."

This seriously gets old.
any other freddy players hear this?
Lastly, I mean nothing bad to Dave as he IS the face of Freddy players with how he has placed in tourneys, that can not be denied.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
m2dave s Freddy is better then yours. There is no argument that can be made to dispute this. Just like Mr. Mileena has a better sindel then mine.

Better players do better things with the characters.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I hear this alot but it's not always the case. It depends on player styles, and just because Player A can beat Player B doesn't mean Player A can beat Player C and so forth. Such is the case with numerous tournaments as you'll see players who beats such-and-such and loses to another player who could NOT beat such-and-such previously. It's all about play style and how you feel comfortable playing.....

Talking about Freddy, I played my first of this type of match a couple days ago and got bodied hardcore. It's not like it is an unusual occurrence with most of the cast, but this was heavy duty.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
Vip3r, who is talking shit online? Aside from fighting a handful of players, I don't play too much online.

I know people associate me with the character, but I always try to give respect to other Freddy players, especially to Vip3r and DarKNaTaS.
Its just random people I come across who have played you at some point in time. Also, a person in particular in the state of GA who's name I will withhold until he accepts my money match that I ask for every time I see him at a tourney.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Its just random people I come across who have played you at some point in time. Also, a person in particular in the state of GA who's name I will withhold until he accepts my money match that I ask for every time I see him at a tourney.
Who

LEGEND

YES!
People do this to everyone, regardless of who they play. It's honestly not even a big deal.
Almost every time i play someone with my Stryker i get "i didn't even know he could do that". i feel like winning with Styrker is one big gimmick
-

On point, so is winning with freddy at this stage in the game

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
I rarely get praise unless its a top player, which is where it truly counts IMO. It does get annoying from online tier players at times, but it is indeed expected.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
... this thread seems to be a major waste of time! :p

... how about Vip3r and DarKNaTaS rather spend their energy on a "Freddy's close combat"-guide?! I'd be especially interested in the section on "how to close distance". the only option I see is ex-claw and I rather use the stun for a damaging combo. is there any way to use some sort of vortex to do more than 40% if your opponent guesses wrong once or twice? if not, i rather keep on playing a "zoning freddy".

however just recently I have started experimenting with using sweet dreams (especially after NMS 2) as a set up for jump-ins. maybe we can use this thread to bring up similiar stuff and discuss some sort of "freddy vortex-game".

otherwise this thread remains a waste of time... :)

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
... this thread seems to be a major waste of time! :p

... how about Vip3r and DarKNaTaS rather spend their energy on a "Freddy's close combat"-guide?! I'd be especially interested in the section on "how to close distance". the only option I see is ex-claw and I rather use the stun for a damaging combo. is there any way to use some sort of vortex to do more than 40% if your opponent guesses wrong once or twice? if not, i rather keep on playing a "zoning freddy".

however just recently I have started experimenting with using sweet dreams (especially after NMS 2) as a set up for jump-ins. maybe we can use this thread to bring up similiar stuff and discuss some sort of "freddy vortex-game".

otherwise this thread remains a waste of time... :)
Vortex you say? been had that!

As for closing ground, I just normally dash block in, or teleport on a knockdown.

A good example of teleporting in on knockdown is when you land a f.4,2,1 mid or far claw then teleport in. From here, you can try to bait a wake-up or go in for a 50/50 mix-up as they stand up.

It seems a lot of people want to come to freddy, to avoid his zoning, so quite frankly you dont have to do a whole lot to close ground on your opponent.