What's new

Rant Incoming: Sick of The Complaining

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Been watching the thread. The thing about complaining about the top tiers is also, how much of this experience is offline versus online? Fact is, the majority of peoples connections playing this game are ass. Nice, stable, wired 30-50 MS connections are like finding fucking El Dorado. Online I had 12 straight ranked sets, TWELVE, against wifi users with 120+ ping. You're not doing things like getting out of CW staggers or Supergirl d1 mashing in those kinds of conditions. The problem is, I think online gives you a bad mirror image of the game and makes things seem more obscene than they really are.

Element_

The First Element
Oh man, these SuperGirl players are just delusional. You would actually think they main a bottom 5 character the way they talk. Must be so hard playing as her! And before anyone comes back at me for saying that...I've heard nothing but trash talk about Catwoman and received a shit ton of hate for using her.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
What do characters with trash dashes do?
All of the characters in the game have a decent forward dash.
Its the back dash that not every character has.
It would be really troublesome trying to reach a character with the amount of back walk speed every character has if the forward dashes were ass.

Wigy

There it is...
All of the characters in the game have a decent forward dash.
Its the back dash that not every character has.
It would be really troublesome trying to reach a character with the amount of back walk speed every character has if the forward dashes were ass.
Man, say that for like grodd..

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The NRS scene doesn’t have a problem dick riding pros. Pros have tourney results and therefore have proven that their knowledge is greater than your average player. Tweedy’s Word carries more than mine whether I like it or not.
It’s the argument from authority. Basically, top players are seen as people who have PhD’s in the game. So regardless of what they actually say and how accurate it is, it’s seen to hold more weight than the average Joe. It’s illogical thinking, but it happens everywhere not just in the NRS scene or the FGC, but in everyday life.

Essentially it’s like this:

-SonicFox says “this” is true about Injustice 2.
-Therefore “this” is true about Injustice 2.

Even if it isn’t necessarily true, when you appeal to the authoritiy figure the actual truth is easily lost. But they also can be right. The actual problem is they’re always presumed to be “right”, because of their authority.

Anyway, so much more could be said on this, but just wanted to throw this out there real quick.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Man, say that for like grodd..
Grodd can forward dash into d1, b2, secret sweep, grab etc.
Forward dashing isnt necessary with grodd when he can stampede, straight kick, Secret sweep, short leap + 3 or air grab to counter her back dash.

If a catwoman player happens to back dash after b3 on block then forward jump 2 depending on distance you can counter it with a forward jump 1 or forward dash under her and d2 then hit her with a full blown combo.
Thats on read tho

Wigy

There it is...
Grodd can forward dash into d1, b2, secret sweep, grab etc.
Forward dashing isnt necessary with grodd when he can stampede, straight kick, Secret sweep, short leap + 3 or air grab to counter her back dash.

If a catwoman player happens to back dash after b3 on block then forward jump 2 depending on distance you can counter it with a forward jump 1 or forward dash under her and d2 then hit her with a full blown combo.
Thats on read tho
Everything she should be punishable on or any situation a character should have to ‘hold it’ basically turns into a 50/50 of who willl get a full combo.

And the skill and difficulty comes in for the playerw who has earned the knockdown.

She already has a good wakeup off trait and df3, shits like a 3 way guess where you have to be on point and psychic

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Everything she should be punishable on or any situation a character should have to ‘hold it’ basically turns into a 50/50 of who willl get a full combo.

And the skill and difficulty comes in for the playerw who has earned the knockdown.

She already has a good wakeup off trait and df3, shits like a 3 way guess where you have to be on point and psychic
Well only way she can get trait is by connecting hits. Thats her down side of having a good wake up using trait.
Skill and difficulty comes into play when being able to confirm hits on opponent that has advantage over you along with gaining the win.
Df3 wakeup is easily counter able after a block.
Her b3 is a 4 way guess you have to either read that shes going to back dash, neutral jump, d1, or block then counter. Its your skill set being able to read which one your opponent will do and what attack that will counter it.

Wigy

There it is...
Well only way she can get trait is by connecting hits. Thats her down side of having a good wake up using trait.
Skill and difficulty comes into play when being able to confirm hits on opponent that has advantage over you along with gaining the win.
Df3 wakeup is easily counter able after a block.
Her b3 is a 4 way guess you have to either read that shes going to back dash, neutral jump, d1, or block then counter. Its your skill set being able to read which one your opponent will do and what attack that will counter it.
What i am saying is, in order for you to not just get yolo disrespected. You have to have a good knockdown, made a hard read, have the execution to back it up.

she has to press bb.

Skedar70

Noob
I think supergirl is fine. I play against her everyday. She isnt carrying anybody bad at the game to victory. CW seems to be really good but I am not sure if she is busted or since I dont play many good ones I dont know the mu properly. Been searching CW players to learn but I have only found one.

I agree with your post even though everybody hates. There is a lot of salty opinions going around in the game rather then actual intention to learn or get better.

I do believe Batman was broken prepatch. Imagine that people think he is still top 10 and boy he did get some significant nerfs.

kcd117

Noob
mb breath -15... Meter burnt..... what is the point?
Last time I checked it used to freeze you for a combo. I mean, atom's gun, sub's iceball, wowo's shield, cold's puddle, firestorm's puddle, catwoman's catdash and many others are all MB launchers that are pretty negative and I'm pretty sure they all have a point.

gam224

The world's least hype player
It’s the argument from authority. Basically, top players are seen as people who have PhD’s in the game. So regardless of what they actually say and how accurate it is, it’s seen to hold more weight than the average Joe. It’s illogical thinking, but it happens everywhere not just in the NRS scene or the FGC, but in everyday life.

Essentially it’s like this:

-SonicFox says “this” is true about Injustice 2.
-Therefore “this” is true about Injustice 2.

Even if it isn’t necessarily true, when you appeal to the authoritiy figure the actual truth is easily lost. But they also can be right. The actual problem is they’re always presumed to be “right”, because of their authority.

Anyway, so much more could be said on this, but just wanted to throw this out there real quick.
That’s a good point I tip my hat to you

I realize. She's good. So what? I'm tired of all the salty mofos insulting people just because they like supergirl. I play what i want to play, it's the first time ever it results to be top tier, and i'm really tired of this stupid witch hunt. I barely even visit this site anymore, even in non related SG stuff you see insults to SG players. And most of the people who insult are prolly a bunch of tards who throw around the word "neutral" and aren't even able to understand the concept. So yeah, fuck off. Sg is what she is right now, learn to deal with her or move along. If she gets nerfed to the ground and becomes bottom 5 i'm sure i'll still receive the same insults from people who don't understand shit of what they talk about.
Well ur original point was the fact that the character was hated, not the person playing it and she has a good reason to be hated. In fact, I have never seen anyone insult anyone playing SG but the character. those who do insult you when u play super girl and probably those u find in online ranked. I’ll admit it would be wrong to insult anyone who plays any character but this isn’t the case here.

I think supergirl is fine. I play against her everyday. She isnt carrying anybody bad at the game to victory. CW seems to be really good but I am not sure if she is busted or since I dont play many good ones I dont know the mu properly. Been searching CW players to learn but I have only found one.

I agree with your post even though everybody hates. There is a lot of salty opinions going around in the game rather then actual intention to learn or get better.

I do believe Batman was broken prepatch. Imagine that people think he is still top 10 and boy he did get some significant nerfs.
Aside from the fact that SG is TOP 3 in the game easily, she is pretty brain dead also. U don’t have to put it any work to develop a game plan with her. She is the definition of plug and play. So how isn’t she carrying anyone to victory?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Aside from the fact that SG is TOP 3 in the game easily, she is pretty brain dead also. U don’t have to put it any work to develop a game plan with her. She is the definition of plug and play. So how isn’t she carrying anyone to victory?
This is never true in any of our games. And that includes characters that were actually S+ Tier-level broken, like Kabal and General Zod. There is no Vanilla Deathstroke that was placing without putting any thought in and with no gameplan. No Kenshi, etc. Every time people say a character is "braindead", it's still more or less the same people that are placing with them.

Maybe you're getting "carried" a very short distance, from Top 16 to Top 8, but you're not going from not being a good player to being good simply because of character select.

Of course it's helpful to play characters that are really strong.. But "plug and play" is a salty meme that needs to die.

Last edited:
This is never true in any of our games. And that includes characters that were actually S+ Tier-level broken, like Kabal and General Zod. There is no Vanilla Deathstroke that was placing without putting any thought in and with no gameplan. No Kenshi, etc. Every time people say a character is "braindead", it's still more or less the same people that are placing with them.

Maybe you're getting "carried" a very short distance, from Top 16 to Top 8, but you're not going from not being a good player to being good simply because of character select.

Of course it's helpful to play characters that are really strong.. But "plug and play" is a salty meme that needs to die.
Of course Im not talking about super high level competitive play. I have always stood by the notion that players at this caliber cannot be "carried" by the character. What Im saying is mid tier players who appear mightily strong bc of the character like what u said in the post and lower level players in ranked. In fact, on another notion, tiers should theoretically not matter if it isnt play at the highest level.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Main reason I don’t play anymore. A lot of people in this community are a bunch of bitches. Not all mind you but most.

Edit: yeah the pro dick riding is on a whole other level. Make sure you guys wear condoms.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Of course Im not talking about super high level competitive play. I have always stood by the notion that players at this caliber cannot be "carried" by the character. What Im saying is mid tier players who appear mightily strong bc of the character like what u said in the post and lower level players in ranked. In fact, on another notion, tiers should theoretically not matter if it isnt play at the highest level.
Yeah, if you’re not at a tournament level (myself included), then we should be focued on just leveling up instead of blaming character disparities for your losses.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Yeah, if you’re not at a tournament level (myself included), then we should be focued on just leveling up instead of blaming character disparities for your losses.
^This. All of those complaints need to stop. I myself got salty a few times in the past, but I've always remembered to not blame my character for my losses, but only myself, other people just don't wanna do it and blaming everyone and everything but themselves. No matter how much NRS improves on their games, people find stuff to complain, and they take their complaints to levels that are way too high as if they are tournament level players, and even the tourney players aren't always right.

As for the whole Supergirl and Catwoman thing, just to show that this is more of personal issue, I myself never faced either of them in the same amount of times I've faced Batman. Even after all of the patches, I can't remember the last time I went online and not seeing at least one of my opponents pick Batman, yet I don't run into that many players who pick either Supergirl or Catwoman, in fact they are not that common, even on the casuals side.

At the end of the day, people need to stop complaining. Of course this also happens in communities for other games, but we, as well as them, must stop blame everything and everyone, especially if all you're doing is just go online and don't put the level of hard work that tourney players do.

Main reason I don’t play anymore. A lot of people in this community are a bunch of bitches. Not all mind you but most.

Edit: yeah the pro dick riding is on a whole other level. Make sure you guys wear condoms.
Here is an idea for you. This community is essentially divided into sub communities, even TYM is a sub community. Of course not every sub community is 100% perfect, but they are several options you can choose. Just find the right NRS/MK/IJ community for you and stick to them, then you can keep playing the games. I already have other communities of MK and FGC that I go to outside of TYM.

Just keep support the games with the people you enjoy hanging out with. I hope this helps :)

Parasurama

Dragon
Last time I checked it used to freeze you for a combo. I mean, atom's gun, sub's iceball, wowo's shield, cold's puddle, firestorm's puddle, catwoman's catdash and many others are all MB launchers that are pretty negative and I'm pretty sure they all have a point.

Yes but those things arent a mb that happens after successive hits... that was created to make the prior hits safe.
I think WW's shield should be safe actually but high and with a gap.