What's new

Rant Incoming: Sick of The Complaining

Tweedy

Noob
Bro I've seen Dink and Reo(no offense to them) get called pros on here and Crimson doesn't come in immediately to regulate.

I stand by what I said regardless of whether i'm drunk or not(first new years where i'm 21 bitches). I'm not gonna be baited into stating how much money I've made on these games if that's what you're trying to do, but if your pro structure involves making money, you'd be surprised where myself and others would land involving that. There's a lot of money in nrs games even though they're potato city.

As far as skill goes, I think i'm as pro as it gets on the last version of mkx. On Inj 2 I've been pretty fucking ass at times but i'm definitely good enough to beat anyone. Hopefully I can show that soon.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Yeah, Tweedy is drinking. I am drinking. Y'all dunno how much a good new years night can cost. Jesus christ. Its not easy to organize an a truly interesting night when you are 35. Its so much goddamn easier when you havent had a decade to out-do yourself.

But, on topic. SOmething something something. Some shit happened and then some more shit happened. Shit.
Lol, wasn’t expecting this to be the last comment I read, based on the previous ones. But loved it. Drunkytdfhj

2017... out.....

M2Dave

Zoning Master
In comparison to Injustice 1, this game's top tier characters are well-balanced. Of course, they have a plethora of winning match ups and a couple to a handful of 7:3 match ups. But Injustice 2 is a dynamic fighting game and therefore certain characters will inherently be superior to others. Many players in this community have difficulties understanding this concept so they spend their time on social media going on a witch hunt from one character to the next.

Instead of complaining about the most balanced top tier characters NRS has ever designed, you can criticize NRS in more rationale ways. For example, why is Catwoman, a character who has been top tier since day one, allowed to remain top tier while characters like Aquaman and Deadshot have dropped at least two tier spots? Why is Supergirl propelled to top tier while characters like Cyborg, Gorilla Grodd, and The Joker stay low tier despite all the buffs? I understand that a character like Aquaman is harder to balance than a character like Supergirl, but when a character drops two tier spots, someone has to question the inconsistency of the balance process.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
In comparison to Injustice 1, this game's top tier characters are well-balanced. Of course, they have a plethora of winning match ups and a couple to a handful of 7:3 match ups. But Injustice 2 is a dynamic fighting game and therefore certain characters will inherently be superior to others. Many players in this community have difficulties understanding this concept so they spend their time on social media going on a witch hunt from one character to the next.

Instead of complaining about the most balanced top tier characters NRS has ever designed, you can criticize NRS in more rationale ways. For example, why is Catwoman, a character who has been top tier since day one, allowed to remain top tier while characters like Aquaman and Deadshot have dropped at least two tier spots? Why is Supergirl propelled to top tier while characters like Cyborg, Gorilla Grodd, and The Joker stay low tier despite all the buffs? I understand that a character like Aquaman is harder to balance than a character like Supergirl, but when a character drops two tier spots, someone has to question the inconsistency of the balance process.
I think Aquaman and Deadshot were examples of designs that were too polarizing to properly balance. Most of the characters designed for zoning you could not pick because these two out-zoned most characters and they also came equipped with good footsies and offense. So they just squashed what would otherwise be some pretty creative zoning designs and held their own against rushdown/footsie archtypes if not flat out beat them too.

They've been overly nerfed but it was for the good of the game. A handful characters once labelled as 'utility characters' can now be picked without getting derped out with an easy counter pick.

Some designs just need tweaks and still need some more like Catwoman. Others need a re-work. There will be less outrage if you get all the players off of a character first before you re-work their design. Maybe NRS is in the process of that. Maybe next patch we'll see some interesting buffs. Maybe next game. Who knows. But I think you could commend NRS just as much as criticizing them for those two.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel

Yep, we can close this thread now.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Imo Catwoman still isn't as great as people think she is, if nrs slightly adjusted her whiffing issue with her b3 you wouldn't hear as many complaints. Nrs could increase Supergirl d1 startup frames by 2 or 3 and make her b1 a high so it whiffs on crouching opponents.

Kind of ironic how a thread that is intended to stop all of the complaints about CW and SG is turning into another thread complaining about CW and SG.
Actually, all of them just complained about catwoman. Supergirl is the most hated for some reason, but they seem to fail to back up their claims. I call a case of "git gud".

Actually, all of them just complained about catwoman. Supergirl is the most hated for some reason, but they seem to fail to back up their claims. I call a case of "git gud".
U realise that supergirl has no weaknesses right? She is kinda safe (i wouldnt consider d1 breath unsafe), has good mixups, good dmg, good mobility, good zoning, good wakeups. Honestly what weaknesses does she have and what are her losing MUs except for catwoman?

Element_

The First Element
U realise that supergirl has no weaknesses right? She is kinda safe (i wouldnt consider d1 breath unsafe), has good mixups, good dmg, good mobility, good zoning, good wakeups. Honestly what weaknesses does she have and what are her losing MUs except for catwoman?
This is why I can't understand the reason for the salt these SuperGirl players throw at Catwoman. I swear, its a joke how easy they got it ...and only really have a losing MU against Catwoman! As a CW main, I don't even need the low profile event with b3...which is the biggest complaint. Nerf it, she'll still be good!

Rooks

Cold Azz Mulatto
I think this all comes down who to cater to when trying to balance a game. Do you make the game fun for the casual player, which is obviously the bigger portion of players, or the competitive set? From a business stand point I don’t see how you can do anything other than appease the masses. But if that means the game is less exciting for viewers, are you cannibalizing your own longevity? I do think there is an issue if a character gets chosen an exorbitant amount of time because they are too easy/good because you risk turning off active players. This recently happened with MvCI and Dante. Literally more than 50% of the matches I played pre patch had Dante and personally it made me drop the game till after patch because it was so boring. Now thankfully SG isn’t that much of an epidemic, at least in my experience, but she def is the go to when most are losing. Hell I even had someone good with SG pick her against my day one Atom in a Comp Player Match cause I was beating what I imagine was their secondary. So NRS has the data of how often she is picked and wins, IF AND ONLY IF she is either picked or wining way more (no I don’t know what the math should be) than the other chars, I fully support a nerf this stage of the game. Unless we expect a lot more updates ,the odds of getting everyone buffed to be equal seems unlikely and even if they could, would months of an obviously maligned character be in their best interest while they figure out how to?

Now I know this train of thought is anathema to the “Git Gud” mentality but I’d wager that a vast majority of players are playing to have fun, not to prove they how Gud they are. So I think the simplest answer is swat down the high hanging fruit, though I admit all that really does is make a new top tier since there will always be band wagon players looking for easy wins. But at least it will, I believe, in the long run make the vocal majority happy and aid in a more enjoyable and lasting game for the majority.

I also think they have done a good job toning down stuff without over nerfing, so I’m not worried about making a character unplayable.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Hold up... you think this is a weakness?? Do you know how many characters in this game would kill for a 9f advancing mid leading to a gapless safe string just to throw out whenever they want?? I sure as hell would considering my only advancing string is a -14 low with a gap big enough to blow up with backdash into full combo punish, buttons, and armor/MB B3s which means I'm never safe for throwing out my best normal. Best part is when I get punished for more damage than I ever would have dealt if my combo would have connected so I'm already at a disadvantage just by playing neutral.

It's okay tho right? Supergirl is such a big risk character guys. So many glaring flaws that make this character fair after all. We just need to level up and stop bitching.
:DOGE
Right, and this takes me to my next point. Do those weaknesses justify the characters strengths? Fuck no. Like, we can look at pre-patch Black Adam (pre-patch just to not get too off topic): he didn't have a low starter and his wake-up was just okay. But, he did SO much damage and had SO much pressure and range that those didn't matter. Supergirl and Catwoman the same way.

AkioOf100

I play Raph
ok.. broken compared to other games? no.

broken compared to the rest of the cast? that’s the argument.

I feel like Supergirl’s neutral is.. lol.
Catwoman’s neutral is... lol.

That’s all really. And then the other options they have are silly as well. I’m not gonna complain about it on TYM tho bc I feel like thats what this site has become, a complaining site with a side of rudeness and anger.

Idc what they do to the characters at this point. We know who plays them and why they play them. They’re not getting changed. I wish they would, but it’s pretty clear what’s going on here as far as balancing.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think Aquaman and Deadshot were examples of designs that were too polarizing to properly balance. Most of the characters designed for zoning you could not pick because these two out-zoned most characters and they also came equipped with good footsies and offense. So they just squashed what would otherwise be some pretty creative zoning designs and held their own against rushdown/footsie archtypes if not flat out beat them too.

They've been overly nerfed but it was for the good of the game. A handful characters once labelled as 'utility characters' can now be picked without getting derped out with an easy counter pick.

Some designs just need tweaks and still need some more like Catwoman. Others need a re-work. There will be less outrage if you get all the players off of a character first before you re-work their design. Maybe NRS is in the process of that. Maybe next patch we'll see some interesting buffs. Maybe next game. Who knows. But I think you could commend NRS just as much as criticizing them for those two.
Honestly I think Aquaman would’ve been alright if they did the B123 -2 change, trident rush nerf, and nerfed the damage on MB DB2 by a lot. It’s not Aquaman’s low damage that pisses me off, it’s that his conversions are ruined.

Is it a post wherein people stand against people complaining about SG & CW

A post wherein SG & CW can downplay some of the questionable tools their characters have?

A post wherein SG players can rant on CW & vice versa?

A post wherein people can compare the Top Tier of the current patch to the Top Tier of the previous one, or of previous games.

Or All of the Above?

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Her backdash lowprofiles the entirety of flashes f2 string.

Which is overhead then about 4 mids.
Flash can forwarddash then go for his d12 if she backdash after a b3.
He can do his sonic pound as well.
He has options.

I dont mind Catwoman as Supergirl... bur when I play Superman it is hard with the low profiles.
Supes can counter catwoman with flying punch if she backdashes after a b3 on block.
He can also forwarddash f23.
He has a options.

Wigy

There it is...
Flash can forwarddash then go for his d12 if she backdash after a b3.
He can do his sonic pound as well.
He has options.

Supes can counter catwoman with flying punch if she backdashes after a b3 on block.
He can also forwarddash f23.
He has a options.
Its annoying you have to go to big risks and have a good enough knockdown to just stop them mindlessly disrespecting everything.

It can go that distance but absolutely no lowprofiling so meaty’s dont ever work.

If you go for oki on a not really + or hkd, they can just backdash and block and its a huge risk and u basically have to massively commit to beat it them just yoloing.

What do characters with trash dashes do?

I realize. She's good. So what? I'm tired of all the salty mofos insulting people just because they like supergirl. I play what i want to play, it's the first time ever it results to be top tier, and i'm really tired of this stupid witch hunt. I barely even visit this site anymore, even in non related SG stuff you see insults to SG players. And most of the people who insult are prolly a bunch of tards who throw around the word "neutral" and aren't even able to understand the concept. So yeah, fuck off. Sg is what she is right now, learn to deal with her or move along. If she gets nerfed to the ground and becomes bottom 5 i'm sure i'll still receive the same insults from people who don't understand shit of what they talk about.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I realize. She's good. So what? I'm tired of all the salty mofos insulting people just because they like supergirl. I play what i want to play, it's the first time ever it results to be top tier, and i'm really tired of this stupid witch hunt. I barely even visit this site anymore, even in non related SG stuff you see insults to SG players. And most of the people who insult are prolly a bunch of tards who throw around the word "neutral" and aren't even able to understand the concept. So yeah, fuck off. Sg is what she is right now, learn to deal with her or move along. If she gets nerfed to the ground and becomes bottom 5 i'm sure i'll still receive the same insults from people who don't understand shit of what they talk about.
^This. Don't let anyone get to you with insults, you play what you wanna play and any character you wanna play, and if they can't deal with it, that's there problem, period.