What's new

Rant Incoming: Sick of The Complaining

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
TYM and the NRS scene have an immense dick riding pros problem but more importantly a bitching problem. Particularly bitching about the popular witch hunt subjects such as Supergirl or Cat Woman. I mean, I get salty, we all get salty, it's ok to be salty and have an outburst but so many people especially on this site legit witch hunt that which they don't like you almost wonder if they have the time to think about anything else.

I'm trying my best to personally improve and not bitch about what provides me difficulty. I don't always succeed, but the less I bitch and the more I simply work at this game the more I realize things really aren't as bad as they seem, they just feel that way. It's a fact that by the definition of "broken" as established in the world of game design Supergirl and Cat Woman are far from being those things. Why we don't check these people when this shit comes up baffles me. They aren't even overpowered quite, I think they could use SLIGHTLY ARGUABLY INSIGNIFICANT changes, but I overall think their design makes sense and is fine. The goal should be to make the characters in this game have the synergy and fleshed out nature of SG and CW, not nerf SG and CW.

Also the more people I play, the more I realize how many people lack neutral, respect, a sense of characters effective ranges, press buttons when they shouldn't, don't understand that negative isn't essentially negative depending on the circumstances, it's unreal.

It makes me wonder if most people who bitch about Supergirl and Cat Woman are people who are just bad at the game.

If we want to talk those insignificant changes though, make SG's d1 8f's so it's not so mashable, and reduce CW's meterless BnB damage by 30%-ish or so. I think those changes trim the fat off them just fine.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
@Chernyy Volk

You really think catwomans design is fair? How would you say her b3 and backdash are okay?
*Longest in game back dash which low profiles highs and some mids
*Busted ass move which can force some members of the cast to forego their turn after their opponent is -6

Chernyy Volk

@Chernyy Volk

You really think catwomans design is fair? How would you say her b3 and backdash are okay?
I mean, if it weren't that it'd be something else. Yes, I think the b3 and the backdash are both fine. Those are not the things about her that make her so good. Watch in pro matches how many times the b3 or the backdash ACTUALLY matter. Not often.

Chernyy Volk

Man what am i evven reading
Count how many times you actually get low profiled by a b3. If you play smart neutral, it should only be once or twice AT MOST, some matches go by and it never happens. The backdash is what it is, but it doesn't make her unfair.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I think there is a distinction to be made between being critical of something with the objectives of understanding it's power and trying to fix it, and simply bitching about something because of your own subjective experiences and lack of necessary skill/ability to counter it.

While Catwoman and Supergirl are far from broken, they possess some broken/borderline broken tools, and exist in a tier of their own which is significantly higher than the rest of the cast.

A lot of the frustration occurs as a result of the fact that several months and a balance patch has gone by without seeing any significant adjustment to these characters, despite the fact that their placement on the tier list has been well-established and nearly universally agreed upon by almost all players, from mid level to top.

I do not see how you can argue that Catwoman's b3 is not broken as a tool. It begins low profile on the third frame, its low profile somehow ducks overheads and lows, it has a 23 frame startup, can be armored, gets up to around 400 damage, is safe on block, and can even low profile mids during it's recovery frames after it has whiffed.

The move essentially deletes a handful of characters from the game, and the reason you don't see that at high level is because top players generally counter pick with characters who can handle her low profiling better.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
ok, the statements about these characters deleting other characters from the game is downright asinine. are they going to get rid of catwomans low profiling b3? probably not since its been pretty obvious its been a design choice for a long while.

also, 8 frame d1? Cherry Coke pls :DOGE

Chernyy Volk

I think there is a distinction to be made between being critical of something with the objectives of understanding it's power and trying to fix it, and simply bitching about something because of your own subjective experiences and lack of necessary skill/ability to counter it.

While Catwoman and Supergirl are far from broken, they possess some broken/borderline broken tools, and exist in a tier of their own which is significantly higher than the rest of the cast.

A lot of the frustration occurs as a result of the fact that several months and a balance patch has gone by without seeing any significant adjustment to these characters, despite the fact that their placement on the tier list has been well-established and nearly universally agreed upon by almost all players, from mid level to top.

I do not see how you can argue that Catwoman's b3 is not broken as a tool. It begins low profile on the third frame, its low profile somehow ducks overheads and lows, it has a 23 frame startup, can be armored, gets up to around 400 damage, is safe on block, and can even low profile mids during it's recovery frames after it has whiffed.

The move essentially deletes a handful of characters from the game, and the reason you don't see that at high level is because top players generally counter pick with characters who can handle her low profiling better.
I'm going to throw a hail mary in and tag @16 Bit and see if he's willing to share his thoughts on how this isn't broken.

The problem is if CW's were winning at the highest level by machine gunning b3's I would agree with you. But they aren't. The b3 as the highest level of this game is in fact mostly irrelevant a good chunk of the time. Also I'm going to be a spiteful asshat and call argument from authority on the "despite the fact that their placement on the tier list has been well-established and nearly universally agreed upon by almost all players, from mid level to top." comment. I'm not denying she's top, but at the most she needs fat trimming. The low profiling b3 isn't the fat that needs to be trimmed.

As far as several months going by with little or no changes, this is what the NRS community wanted. Less patching, more time to let the game breathe.

kcd117

Noob
Just make it so supergirl can't MB breath when she holds it, and make mb breath -15 so she can't confirm it so easily, has to commit and looses her turn. A bit of recovery to her movement wouldn't hurt too, her dashes and air dashes barely have any recovery.

Catwoman's b3 is not going away, NRS kinda said they like that move as the cancer it is rn. A dmg nerf is the only thing I can see happening rn.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
Everyone will bitch, there's still untouched characters in the game that deserve it. Supergirl and catwoman are bad examples if you wanted to get your point across cause for the most part i agree with your sentiments. but not when u bring those bitches into the equation.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
The NRS scene doesn’t have a problem dick riding pros. Pros have tourney results and therefore have proven that their knowledge is greater than your average player. Tweedy’s Word carries more than mine whether I like it or not.
Maybe more than yours. Even lord tweedy hasn't considered every angle, he's still human at the end of it. I agree with the stop dick riding pros comment @Chernyy Volk made

Chernyy Volk

The NRS scene doesn’t have a problem dick riding pros. Pros have tourney results and therefore have proven that their knowledge is greater than your average player. Tweedy’s Word carries more than mine whether I like it or not.
Appeal to authority fallacy.