What's new

Rambo Gameplay Trailer

Gaxkang

Banned
I'm surprised no guns in his Fatal Blow. :p

Folks should get used to seeing a lot of that slide sorta move and crawling tho...heh

KCJ506

Noob
We may never know if Mileena was truly going to be left out of MK11, or if NRS always planned to include her and was just trolling us, but either way, her fan base is obviously so large and persistent that she may well have been pushed in by sheer popularity.

3:20 to 5:04

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I really wouldn't build up any hope that a character in a game will somehow transcend that game in a way that someone not enjoying it is magically going to start.
I didn't really click with DBFZ until Broly came out
no system changes or patches, just Broly.
Then I got famous for being "The broly guy"

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I didn't really click with DBFZ until Broly came out
no system changes or patches, just Broly.
Then I got famous for being "The broly guy"
I don't really know what a broly is, so I'll have to take your word for it, but on the other hand I'm also not sure I want to assume that is a common phenomenon.

Unless of course you think so because you would characterize yourself as a common, ordinary sort of person having common, ordinary experience. Do you see yourself as ordinary?

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I don't really know what a broly is, so I'll have to take your word for it, but on the other hand I'm also not sure I want to assume that is a common phenomenon.

Unless of course you think so because you would characterize yourself as a common, ordinary sort of person having common, ordinary experience. Do you see yourself as ordinary?
oh yeah im ordinary
extraordinary
boom

While firing a grenade from a browning is most likely not a thing, it's not out of the realm of plausible. They used to make mods for rifles to fire a grenade (with a blank bullet's gas I must stress so no one blows themselves up trying to make a ghetto version!).

So, while I don't think a mod exists for a browning, I'm sure it could be made if they wanted. But we live in an age of machine gun-grenade launcher hybrids so such a design be obsolete in this day and age, much in the same way that we now have the tech to make whip-swords but they are obsolete in the age of firearms.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
While firing a grenade from a browning is most likely not a thing, it's not out of the realm of plausible. They used to make mods for rifles to fire a grenade (with a blank bullet's gas I must stress so no one blows themselves up trying to make a ghetto version!).

So, while I don't think a mod exists for a browning, I'm sure it could be made if they wanted. But we live in an age of machine gun-grenade launcher hybrids so such a design be obsolete in this day and age, much in the same way that we now have the tech to make whip-swords but they are obsolete in the age of firearms.
as I push my comically thick glasses back up my nose Um, actually, that's a M60 he's holding, not a Browning
Sorry, but you seem like the type who would want to know!

I remember the rifle grenades from Day of Defeat: Source. What a crazy concept. Love to see my boy Gun Jesus in the wild too!

as I push my comically thick glasses back up my nose Um, actually, that's a M60 he's holding, not a Browning
Sorry, but you seem like the type who would want to know!

I remember the rifle grenades from Day of Defeat: Source. What a crazy concept. Love to see my boy Gun Jesus in the wild too!
Well shit, I got the gun wrong. Thanks for correcting me, I'm still new to seriously learning guns. Point still stands though. If the artist wanted something a little more realistic they could have pulled an Elen Ripely and have Rambo duck tap two guns together.

Last edited:

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
interest in my rambo video metrics is like 5x higher than my rain video in the same time period

its almost like the guest character is more popular than the long time franchise classic character people say they wanted more than the guest character...
B-b-b-b-b-b-but NOBODY asked for guests. N-n-nobody wants g-g-guests in this Mortal Kombat game! W-We want Klassic characters. W-We want 3D era characters! W-w-w-we want ninjas!!!

Palermo9

Ripping spines out since 1992
But you heard of Zelda which is more of a nerd tho
The (lost) irony is that what he said is exactly how some people feel about Rambo...

Beyond the obvious bait, the actual point of my earlier comment is that NRS could clearly make even more money by sticking, say, LeBron into the game. But even for NRS, there seems to be a balance point, beyond which some guests are just stupid no matter the monetary gain. For many old-time fans, this balance point was reached long before. I love Rambo and his gameplay in the trailer, but really just want to play MK not Smash Bros.

As for whether guests maximize monetary gain, a good case in point is the Street Fighter franchise. They stick to in-house characters and sell fewer initial units than MK... but it won’t surprise me if adding up initial sales, updated editions, skins, etc. , they are making money on par with MK on a clearly smaller budget. The secret? Their focus on quality of gameplay (Season 5 is a blast) and legacy, which helps them retain their paying customers for much longer. So, it appears that there are different paths to victory for companies...

That said, SF and MK have consciously targeted and continue to target quite different audiences, so their business strategies differ for a reason.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I feel like Terminator's design was intentionally designed to invoke Jason's playstyle.

Maybe you are right.

However when you look across the cast, you see that design-wise, there is a huge difference in character, and I dont talk about the meta/depth, but base move wise. Some sh@t looks unfinished. I bet they had a group of randomly collected team. Some did good job, and some not exactly.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
My mind was thoroughly changed by this gameplay trailer.

He looks like a mix of Kano and Hunter Pred and I'm all in. If his CG is a mid they're gonna have to buff Kano cause Kano's still lagging behind even after he got an okay mid, but hey, maybe it's his destiny to be low-mid tier in this game. :oops:

UGHHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED. Less than a month left to go.

@Evil Canadian I should have never doubted you.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't think any of us really understand the NRS "formula" for picking a roster. Most of the MK1-2 OGs always make it in, because they're popular and are a core part of the MK setting and story. Guest characters always make it in, because they're popular (as a concept) and they're a core part of the larger MK culture.

Other than those givens, who knows? Popularity and demand are obviously important (see Mileena) but also obviously not the only factors. I could make guesses as what other decision factors are, but they'd only be guesses.
It's the idea that there's a "formula" to begin with that's the problem. NRS is people with opinions just like you and I. There are characters they don't like, there are characters they do.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Another "fan". )=
My dude, I have been a devoted Mortal Kombat fan longer than most people who play this game have been alive. Pretty sure I still have my old Gamepro magazine from 1995 when MK3 was coming out and they were first introducing Cyrax and Sektor.
Miss me with that shit.
This title is a pretty face on top of a shallow and repetitive meta, made by a company that's currently more concerned with making DLC money off the licenses they have access to than making a legitimately complex competitive experience. I would sit here and break down every meta in the timeline all the way back to the MKII they claim this game was supposed to emulate just to spite you for challenging my credentials, but I'm not going to besmirch the name of Rambo by taking up space in his thread just to prove a pointless point.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Beyond the obvious bait, the actual point of my earlier comment is that NRS could clearly make even more money by sticking, say, LeBron into the game. But even for NRS, there seems to be a balance point, beyond which some guests are just stupid no matter the monetary gain. For many old-time fans, this balance point was reached long before. I love Rambo and his gameplay in the trailer, but really just want to play MK not Smash Bros.
LeBron has a lot of fans who like him and enjoy watching him play basketball. But I'm not sure that means a lot of people would pay money to watch LeBron slam dunk decapitated heads, or get his guts ripped out, set on fire, and have his soul sucked out his nose.

And it goes without saying, but if you only want to play MK characters and not spend one second playing or labbing guests, you can do that.

So tbh I'm not really following your argument.